Lets Relax a Bit Its Friday :)

Does everybody really stop trading on the weekends? I mean, with the time differences, I guess pretty much only Saturday is TRULY closed :)

If you are in the US eastern time zone, trading ends Friday afternoon and resumes late Sunday afternoon. Liquidity around the weekly close and weekly open is low, so unless you've got a trading plan based around this, it's best to not trade until the last moment or to resume as soon as the market opens.

True, but can't you trade on other markets too? I mean, I know the U.S. rules are Draconian, but can you choose your market?

The times I gave are global. US trading centers don't open on Sunday afternoon, but Tokyo and Sydney do. At the end of the week, New York is the last one to close.

For US traders, if you want to escape US rules, there are still some offshore brokers which take US clients. Be very careful with these. Many are unregulated or under-regulated. Another option is to establish an offshore company and then open a company account at a well-regulated offshore broker.

AZ-PC-MB-014-2.jpg

The times I gave are global. US trading centers don't open on Sunday afternoon, but Tokyo and Sydney do. At the end of the week, New York is the last one to close.

For US traders, if you want to escape US rules, there are still some offshore brokers which take US clients. Be very careful with these. Many are unregulated or under-regulated. Another option is to establish an offshore company and then open a company account at a well-regulated offshore broker.

Thanks for that.

Back