Ponzi Scheme Managed Account Question - Courtenay House Trading Group

Guaranteed profits become guaranteed losses.
Having read the latest letter from the facebook group that has been sent (apparently) to ASIC I am sure something is not right. Blaming ASIC for this situation and still claiming it is a minor licencing issue that would be sorted out in five minutes is either extremely naive or downright dishonest, smacks of what the directors were telling 'investors' when the sh*t hit the fan in the first place. I wonder if these letters are actually getting sent to ASIC by the facebook group convener. Calling ASIC's replies bland and uninformative are also extremely naive or misleading. Why would ASIC simply give out information that could prejudice a court case and give directors information that they shouldn't have.

I would be very wary
I got access to the group. Finally let me in. Are you in there? I'm pretty confused about what's going on in there. People seem to have no idea

I got access to the group. Finally let me in. Are you in there? I'm pretty confused about what's going on in there. People seem to have no idea
Not direct access but I have seen what goes on in there and have seen tha various letters they apparently fire off to ASIC and GT. Either very naive or not sincere. To be saying to ASIC that this is a minor licensing issue? Come on, I think ASIC might know what's a licensing issue and what is not, they are the one that gives the bloody licence in the first place! And this company had no licence for what they were doing.

I'd Wager the leaders of this group being up to no good and even that nothing has actually been sent to ASIC

On seeing the most recent posts this evening on the Facebook page I'd say they are not to be trusted. Legal advice about Tony and him having the funds and wanting to give them back. Please

On seeing the most recent posts this evening on the Facebook page I'd say they are not to be trusted. Legal advice about Tony and him having the funds and wanting to give them back. Please
Why wouldn't you trust that the legal advice they have been given states that? You seem to have some good insight

Seconded.

Get independent legal advice. I read that letter that got sent to ASIC, wow, talk about fighting the wrong battles!

Yeah, lets go after ASIC, not the guys who ran off with a 100,000,000 dollars. WTF

Not direct access but I have seen what goes on in there and have seen tha various letters they apparently fire off to ASIC and GT. Either very naive or not sincere. To be saying to ASIC that this is a minor licensing issue? Come on, I think ASIC might know what's a licensing issue and what is not, they are the one that gives the bloody licence in the first place! And this company had no licence for what they were doing.

I'd Wager the leaders of this group being up to no good and even that nothing has actually been sent to ASIC

I'm just watching this discussion with the latest post about 'legal advice'.

I don't think the guy knows that Ruth is one of the admins mum. Talk about her being a bull in a china shop. they may just succeed in running everyone off that questions them.

*grabs popcorn*

I'm just watching this discussion with the latest post about 'legal advice'.

I don't think the guy knows that Ruth is one of the admins mum. Talk about her being a bull in a china shop. they may just succeed in running everyone off that questions them.

*grabs popcorn*

You know they are just telling people what they want to hear. Giving them hope because at the end of the day everyone just wants their money back so they can go back to their life and forget it was so easy to be duped by criminal scam artists who used friends and family to trick everyone to giving over large sums money because those directors don't have an inch of knowledge about Forex trading. They were just good at making it look like they did. Look at the history of their businesses. All failed attempts on running real estate, medical supply distribution, online sales distribution and what ever scams they had going. How can these guys be broke one minute then become millionaire Forex traders experts overnight? Did they learn some special secret that banks didn't? Some special info of trading that the industry didn't realise? Well they were good enough to fool me and 500 other investors.I guess people didn't expect such a scam to have lasted so long so after most people putting a little amount and seeing returns, everyone put more money back in with larger amounts. They are making everyone hang on to that hope instead of teaming together to prosecute. After all the crap I have seen I'm surprised there is still 200 people in that page not saying a word about anything these idiots are posting. What these Face Book administrators and circle of commission earners don't understand, is that once it's confirmed its a Ponzi. What are they are going to say? How are they going to positively spin when everyone is told that there is no hidden money and that the directors did some tricky way of transferring assets. What are they going to do when another 200 people have realised they have been lied to AGAIN but this time everyone has names, dates, info, phones numbers and addresses? hmmm... good luck with their "Legal Advice" then.

After reading the latest drivel posted on the Facebook page

"Have faith and belief in Tony, it will be resolved soon"

"I believe we can get through this with Tony, he is holding back at the moment he holds the trump card up his sleave and he he will prevail in the end, asic have made this very difficult for all of us and I'm sure we should all be behind tony in making a pathway to resolving these issues with asics"

I'm starting to believe it's all deliberate distraction

You know they are just telling people what they want to hear. Giving them hope because at the end of the day everyone just wants their money back so they can go back to their life and forget it was so easy to be duped by criminal scam artists who used friends and family to trick everyone to giving over large sums money because those directors don't have an inch of knowledge about Forex trading. They were just good at making it look like they did. Look at the history of their businesses. All failed attempts on running real estate, medical supply distribution, online sales distribution and what ever scams they had going. How can these guys be broke one minute then become millionaire Forex traders experts overnight? Did they learn some special secret that banks didn't? Some special info of trading that the industry didn't realise? Well they were good enough to fool me and 500 other investors.I guess people didn't expect such a scam to have lasted so long so after most people putting a little amount and seeing returns, everyone put more money back in with larger amounts. They are making everyone hang on to that hope instead of teaming together to prosecute. After all the crap I have seen I'm surprised there is still 200 people in that page not saying a word about anything these idiots are posting. What these Face Book administrators and circle of commission earners don't understand, is that once it's confirmed its a Ponzi. What are they are going to say? How are they going to positively spin when everyone is told that there is no hidden money and that the directors did some tricky way of transferring assets. What are they going to do when another 200 people have realised they have been lied to AGAIN but this time everyone has names, dates, info, phones numbers and addresses? hmmm... good luck with their "Legal Advice" then.

I honestly don't know what to think about the FB group. I think the people running it are just totally out of touch with reality.

1. Freedom of Information requests can be declined if it can disrupt an active investigation. "FOI exemptions: documents affecting enforcement of law and protection of public safety" - you know, like a investigation perhaps?
https://www.oaic.gov.au/freedom-of-...s/foi-fact-sheets/foi-fact-sheet-8-exemptions

2. No one is discussing courses of action if Tony doesn't give the money back.

3. Seems it is all very pro-Tony and pro-funds are still there. Anthony Kassis is a super staunch supporter telling everyone to sit tight, and that Tony is doing the right thing. Yeah, you know, like not handing the funds over to GT. Unreal. "These comments re legal and or otherwise aren't necessary. Tony is a righteous person and will do the right thing his own way when he is ready."

4. The main group action seems to be against GT and ASIC, the very organisations whose investigations will either return funds to investors and/or allow for further prosecution.

5. No specifics about which attorneys were engaged, or what other information they gave. Very suss.

6. And from last night, all those attacks on people who look like they are just asking the right sort of questions that don't end up being "Tony will save us".

Cognitive dissonance at its best. Meanwhile they hinder the very people who are doing the investigations and give hope to the people who need to be preparing for the worst case scenario.

What a mess.

After reading the latest drivel posted on the Facebook page

"Have faith and belief in Tony, it will be resolved soon"

"I believe we can get through this with Tony, he is holding back at the moment he holds the trump card up his sleave and he he will prevail in the end, asic have made this very difficult for all of us and I'm sure we should all be behind tony in making a pathway to resolving these issues with asics"

Yes what a smoke screen from the truth. Meanwhile Tony has had every opportunity to give the money back, signed paperwork with the liquidators saying it is gone etc.

Same old story, blame ASIC. Meanwhile Tony is lawyered up and not speaking about this to his 'friends/clients'.

That guy is living in a dream world telling everyone that their money is coming back and to have faith - it's detrimental to individuals that don't see through it. #fakenews

Back