Ponzi Scheme Managed Account Question - Courtenay House Trading Group

Guaranteed profits become guaranteed losses.
Badjudgement, the general consensus is that they have a lot more than $25 million in frozen funds. That $25 million is only referring to one account - and Courtenay House had several. But as mentioned previously, all of this is speculation until we got more information from the court on September 4, or if CH agree to a liquidation prior to that date - apparently ASIC already have a liquidator ready.

Regarding your comment saying that clients were unable to withdraw funds, I do know that several clients who were probably given a heads up by the director withdrew most of their funds prior to April 21.
i spoke to anshul last week and told me maybe one person or so withdrew so how many people do u think withdrew that you know prior to the asic feezing accounts as far as i have been told al of tony close afamily associates are all still in not quite sure what to believe, though liquidators are high on the agenda atm

THE ONLY INVESTMENT THAT ASIGNS A PROBABILITY OF A 100% RETURN IS CALLED = SAVING ! $1 + $1 = $2 SAVED OR 100% RETURN.

Go figure!

i spoke to anshul last week and told me maybe one person or so withdrew so how many people do u think withdrew that you know prior to the asic feezing accounts as far as i have been told al of tony close afamily associates are all still in not quite sure what to believe, though liquidators are high on the agenda atm

I'm not sure how many managed to pull out but I know at least one close friend didn't (not referring to me either)
I hope there's a lot more money being held as it would appear things had been bad for a long time to lose it all in one month, or maybe that's what happened. It was one disastrous month.
Anshul replied to one of my emails requesting where the frozen money was. Nothing is being traded and it is safe, was his response.

I would like to join the facebook page.Can you give me the details? I tried Courtenay house clients but no page was found. I have invested heavily in CHCTG as well. Today I spoke to someone at Courtenay House and I was told that the funds are safe and that liquidators will be redistributing the funds soon and Courtenay house will close down. Let's see.

I can't find the facebook page either. Please let us know if it has been created and how to get there.
ASIC won't answer my calls or emails. It's so frustrating. Why are they avoiding us???
We all just want to know.
1. How much money was in the pooled funds, including the Brexit collection???????????????
2. How much have they frozen in bank accounts??????????????????????????
Let us know TODAY TODAY TODAY TODAY RIGHT NOW!!!!!!!!

@breathing ASIC's focus is about proving their case against CHCTG, they wont release information about the case beforehand, as it may jeopardize their case.

ASIC's mandate is about protecting the financial system/investors in general not individual investors. They consistently warn investors via their websites about these types of companies/investment scams and if you have failed to follow their advice.

@Pharaoh I am so relieved I took your advice back in Nov (page 2 of this thread) and decided not to 'invest' in this fund saving myself a lot of stress and anxiety. I do hope things work out positively for those who did and ASIC looks after the investors.

For anyone who asks why I, a non-investor, spend time and effort warning people in threads like this, Akubras3525's post is the reason. I can't stop everyone from leaping off the cliff, but if I can save even a few, I've done something worthwhile with my time.

Now that the time to save new investors is over, I'm doing my best to convince people to follow the right procedures to recover as much of their money as possible.

For those of you who did take the leap, providing as much info as possible to ASIC is your best bet. Will you get all of your money back? Probably not, but the info you give to ASIC could help you get more. Maybe there's a bank account you deposited into or received money from which has so far escaped ASIC's notice. Every bank account found is that many more dollars to be returned to you and other investors.

An update for anyone interested: the NSW Supreme Court today appointed liquidators for Courtenay House. What this means is that investors will be receiving their funds back soon rather than later as Tony has decided to not drag this matter out with ASIC for too long. Also, the liquidators will apparently be taking some (or perhaps all) of their fees from clients' funds.

They will be taking a big chunk of money for sure. I know how expensive they are.
Question is I wonder how much money is left in the fund?

@Guacamayo

thanks for the update, if i may ask where did you find the information so i can read it for myself! time to see how badly the damage is now for clients!

Back