Managed account scam ... fxsafetrade.com

Just a warning to avoid fxsafetrade.com and an account manager by the name of Marcus E Jackman who plies his trade on Facebook.

In a nutshell i invested £350 (no mention of any fees or charges) with Mr Jackman who offered a return of around £3k. He invested the money in fxsafetrade, as the account balance increased over the next 2 weeks I was asked to pay various 'hidden' fees and charges to the tune of around £2k at the end of the process the account balance stood at $28K i was then asked to pay more charges of around £6k. Mr Jackman advised me that these charges were all above board and he had done this many times with no problems, and there would be no more fees.

the fees were paid and fxsafetrade sent the balance to my coinbase account, not surprisingly the money never arrived. i then received an email from coinbase asking for a clearance fee of £1500, again Mr Jackman said this was usual and i should pay it to release the balance. Not knowing any better it was paid but still no sign of the payment.

i then received another email from coinbase saying that they had encountered a problem with the '6th notification' and i could unblock the problem by paying £2k. it was only by chance that i noticed these emails had been sent from a gmail account which didn't seem right, so i checked with coinbase and after they looked into the emails they confirmed that they were both bogus! After informing Mr Jackman of this, he still said i should pay it and i will definitely get paid, 2 weeks later he is still advising me to pay the bogus coinbase request!!

Mr Jackman has recently said that he wants to help me resolve the issue and as i don't trust the emails (not surprisingly) if i pay him he will pass it on and ensure the payment is released!

The £2k charge has not been paid and no money has been received!

I've asked fxsafetrade to supply evidence that the btc was sent to my actual wallet but they said they can't! They are no longer replying to my messages.

They have been reported to the FCA and Action Fraud.

Back