• Please try to select the correct prefix when making a new thread in this folder.

Discuss is for general discussions of a financial company or issues related to companies.

Info is for things like "Has anyone heard of Company X?" or "Is Company X legit or not?"

Compare is for things like "Which of these 2 (or more) companies is best?"

Searching is for things like "Help me pick a broker" or "What's the best VPS out there for trading?"

Problem is for reporting an issue with a company. Please don't just scream "CompanyX is a scam!" It is much more useful to say "I can't withdraw my money from Company X" or "Company Y is not honoring their refund guarantee" in the subject line.
    Keep Problem discussions civil and lay out the facts of your case. Your goal should be to get your problem resolved or reported to the regulators, not to see how many insults you can put into the thread.

More info coming soon.

Problem MetaQuotes (Meta Trader) Complacent in White Label Scams

I am having an issue with a company
I still hold that software vendors will not adjudicate individual scam cases. Why should they? This is the job for police and other enforcement agencies. And the target is the broker. Any software programmer just wants to focus on developing their products, not on policing how some end users are using their products. You can't have it both ways where the end trader wants to be free to trade wherever and whenever they like....but then when said traders gamble, throw away, lose a significant portion of their savings now some software vendor who they have no contract or contact with should somehow be made responsible for the trader's poor decisions?

Consider futures contracts, which is much more heavily regulated and traded via exchange. None of those vendors have such complaints that I know of. Since the pricing and execution is the same for everyone (via exchange streamed pricing), the scams are rarely in the actual trading, theft of deposits, etc. Most scams are in the trading courses (educational material) and maybe in some fake indicators/robots. Trading platforms are usually leased directly by the end trader, although in some cases it can be subsidized by brokers.

Even if the MQ might suspend white label licenses for brokers where a regulator suspends their license, what real difference would it make? The damage is already done. This is an after-the-fact solution, which is worthless in the real world.

I know this view is unpopular, but no other trading software vendor would agree with this either. Have you considered how MQ or other trading software would actually be made responsible from a regulatory standpoint? What could the regulator actually do to hold MQ (or other software vendors) responsible for a trader's individual decision? Other than any particular regulatory requirement, which would usually be for connecting to an exchange or some degree of logging as it relates to actual trading. But no software vendor has any control over how the end user will use its product. And especially the victim....how do you prove MQ facilitated in taking money from the end user (trader)?

The research compiled here is pretty good though. But the focus should always be on empowering victims and would-be victims to take preventative steps to mitigate risk:
-> If it sounds too good to be true, it probably is.
-> Don't invest more than you can afford to lose.
-> Think about what might happen if you lose your investment, no matter how sure you are about it
-> Consider the effect on your loved ones or other persons you are responsible for should you lose your investment. Can you still care for yourself or your loved ones?
-> take relevant screen video / screen shots / voice recordings of important contractual arrangements....including actual trading sessions. Preserve complete trade history on a regular basis.

The scams/confidence tricks are actually quite basic. While I agree with punishing brokers when they are caught misbehaving, ultimately there is no substitute for taking some personal responsibility for investment decisions.

I still hold that software vendors will not adjudicate individual scam cases. Why should they? This is the job for police and other enforcement agencies. And the target is the broker. Any software programmer just wants to focus on developing their products, not on policing how some end users are using their products. You can't have it both ways where the end trader wants to be free to trade wherever and whenever they like....but then when said traders gamble, throw away, lose a significant portion of their savings now some software vendor who they have no contract or contact with should somehow be made responsible for the trader's poor decisions?

Consider futures contracts, which is much more heavily regulated and traded via exchange. None of those vendors have such complaints that I know of. Since the pricing and execution is the same for everyone (via exchange streamed pricing), the scams are rarely in the actual trading, theft of deposits, etc. Most scams are in the trading courses (educational material) and maybe in some fake indicators/robots. Trading platforms are usually leased directly by the end trader, although in some cases it can be subsidized by brokers.

Even if the MQ might suspend white label licenses for brokers where a regulator suspends their license, what real difference would it make? The damage is already done. This is an after-the-fact solution, which is worthless in the real world.

I know this view is unpopular, but no other trading software vendor would agree with this either. Have you considered how MQ or other trading software would actually be made responsible from a regulatory standpoint? What could the regulator actually do to hold MQ (or other software vendors) responsible for a trader's individual decision? Other than any particular regulatory requirement, which would usually be for connecting to an exchange or some degree of logging as it relates to actual trading. But no software vendor has any control over how the end user will use its product. And especially the victim....how do you prove MQ facilitated in taking money from the end user (trader)?

The research compiled here is pretty good though. But the focus should always be on empowering victims and would-be victims to take preventative steps to mitigate risk:
-> If it sounds too good to be true, it probably is.
-> Don't invest more than you can afford to lose.
-> Think about what might happen if you lose your investment, no matter how sure you are about it
-> Consider the effect on your loved ones or other persons you are responsible for should you lose your investment. Can you still care for yourself or your loved ones?
-> take relevant screen video / screen shots / voice recordings of important contractual arrangements....including actual trading sessions. Preserve complete trade history on a regular basis.

The scams/confidence tricks are actually quite basic. While I agree with punishing brokers when they are caught misbehaving, ultimately there is no substitute for taking some personal responsibility for investment decisions.
The difference is that companies such as ETrade, and other more legitimate software vendors, allow you to report a scam and will open an internal investigation into your request. That doesn't mean they will share all the details with a victim but at minimum they will do everything in their power to help shut down scams and report to the Police IF fraud did occur. You never see anyone come to FPA and complain about any other FX or trading software vendor other than MT and MetaQuotes. Wonder why that is?

Companies such as ETrade, and others, don't allow virtual dealer plug-in to be used and the whole point of virtual dealer plug-in is to manipulate MT and cheat investors.

See the thread below for more information on fraud committed using MetaTrader and MQ taking little to no action.

As the Australian based director of GASO, I am currently lobbying the Federal Government here for changes in the current Law Enforcement investigative treatment of Cybercrime financial market fraud and its victims. There is a big push coming on this with the incredible numbers that are being researched both here in Australia and worldwide. The lobby is that a special Cyber fraud investigating force be established via the AFP and/or ACIC in order to take individual cases of these sophisticated financial investment scams out of the hands of ill equipped and unmotivated local police and uplift them to a new division which will be much better trained, resourced, and should possess the necessary powers to carry out more intricate and far reaching investigations into the origins of these scammers via the tracing of bank transfers and crypto wallets, the platforms they utilize, and the social media platforms they communicate on in order to source their victims for example. The goal is the uncovering the true identities of the criminals involved and bringing far many more of them to justice than is sadly not the case at present as is happening with more regularity under the FBI in the US recently : https://www.cbsnews.com/dfw/news/ir...heme/?utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=news_tab

If those out there would be so kind to file their details (we need particularly name of scammer FX site or Crypto wallet, dollar value amounts and bank account details, and any summary background story you wish to share. You can certainly maintain your personal anonymity if preferred also. We just need the data.

Thanks and if you can upload these to our website : https://www.globalantiscam.org/ it would be very much appreciated and hopefully we can make a difference together !!

Are you a victim of a Romance/Pig Slaughtering scam? Please also consider the resources available at the Global Anti-Scam Organization (GASO). If you need immediate assistance they have live chat available 24 hours a day to help victims. https://www.globalantiscam.org/.

You can also follow GASO on Facebook at: https://m.facebook.com/Global-Anti-Scam-Org-全球反诈骗组织-107018671627215/

MQ is starting to get videos banned because they take zero liability or action to stop fraud on the MetaTrader software. MetaQuotes and MetaTrader are part of the scam, not part of the solution!

Make sure to download the video and keep a backup copy locally in case evidence gets deleted. And we can upload it here when necessary.

I've been saying what this guy has said for many years already.

About time this happened. Let's hope Google does the same. @FxMaster @4evermaat

The Forbes Article is interesting because it references that MQ hired a lawyer in the US. Sounds like MQ is very afraid of getting fully exposed in the fact they do nothing to help victims who were cheated using MT4/MT5. MQ doesn't even have a single phone number listed on their website and they respond to NO emails. MQ is lawyering up to try and further hide their lack of doing anything to stop Pig Butchering Chinese criminals who use MT at part of the scheme to steal hundreds of millions of dollars.

Last edited:
About time this happened. Let's hope Google does the same. @FxMaster @4evermaat

The Forbes Article is interesting because it references that MQ hired a lawyer in the US. Sounds like MQ is very afraid of getting fully exposed in the fact they do nothing to help victims who were cheated using MT4/MT5. MQ doesn't even have a single phone number listed on their website and they respond to NO emails. MQ is lawyering up to try and further hide their lack of doing anything to stop Pig Butchering Chinese criminals who use MT at part of the scheme to steal hundreds of millions of dollars.

I urge all FPA posters and anyone reading this thread to start giving low ratings to MT on the Google Play Store. Let's put some pressure on Google to follow the same actions as Apple so that victims don't continue to get lured into Pig Butchering Scams using MT4/MT5.

I urge all FPA posters and anyone reading this thread to start giving low ratings to MT on the Google Play Store. Let's put some pressure on Google to follow the same actions as Apple so that victims don't continue to get lured into Pig Butchering Scams using MT4/MT5.

Good idea, it worths ! I have already put a negative comment on MT5 in the google play store, about one year ago. Had also a bad experience with MT5 customer service (without surprise). They didn't reply to me or deny their responsabilities. The only email adress I found, it's an email from Pakistan: info@metapk.com. And this one didn't respond to me neither.

I also contacted Google to explain my bad experience (several months earlier), but they give no answer. I hope they will take the same action as Apple.

Next step - Android app store ban.
MQ should have dealt with scams when they had the chance... People have literarily complained direcly to MQ for years. Didn't even get a courtesy reply, much less a solution or help.

The industry has put too much weight on a software that allows P&L manipulation and has roots in gambling industry and non-compliant and nontransparent structure.

Back