• Please try to select the correct prefix when making a new thread in this folder.

Discuss is for general discussions of a financial company or issues related to companies.

Info is for things like "Has anyone heard of Company X?" or "Is Company X legit or not?"

Compare is for things like "Which of these 2 (or more) companies is best?"

Searching is for things like "Help me pick a broker" or "What's the best VPS out there for trading?"

Problem is for reporting an issue with a company. Please don't just scream "CompanyX is a scam!" It is much more useful to say "I can't withdraw my money from Company X" or "Company Y is not honoring their refund guarantee" in the subject line.
    Keep Problem discussions civil and lay out the facts of your case. Your goal should be to get your problem resolved or reported to the regulators, not to see how many insults you can put into the thread.

More info coming soon.

Problem MetaQuotes

I am having an issue with a company
ECNJesus, you are more than welcome to open an FXOpen ECN account and try it out. As you seem to like ECNs, you might like our offering :)

ECN + MT4 = Isn't ECN Why you ask?

Lets say your MT4 transformation into an ECN trading platform kinda works (lol), and you are NOT using all the provided beneficial features. But we few problems thou:
1. In MT4 the prices are displayed synchronously. How is this possible in ECN?
2. Limit orders never leave the local server, meaning that they never reach the ECN, until they are filled as market orders. So it kinda looses all point to trade right there, doesn't it?

So as i said before. Enough of this BS

The missing youtube videos clearly show that it was a copyight claim takedown.

Does DeltaStock endorse having a platform contain built in features that allow clients to be ripped off? What's DeltaStock's position on malicious plugins?

I appreciate what you are obviously doing - trying to flame and distract people with your BS from the real discussion, trying to damage my credibility. Mate, it's too late, people will do their own conclusions. You don't need to tell them what to think. I posted the videos, i don't need to prove anything else. They speak for themselves.

P.S. Darn, if you are really working for the deltastock - you are killing them in front of everyone. You are by far the worst company representative i have ever seen. I mean, you are unprofessional, emotional and you lie. Your claims are based on nothing and you are trying to relate to the traders as "your own kind", when your on the other side of the fence.

Attachments

• mt.jpg
    mt.jpg
    135.2 KB · Views: 29
The existence of a plug in is not an issue!
There has been a judgement against a broker reported on in this forum that was issued by a US regulator.
""https://www.forexpeacearmy.com/forex-forum/forex-articles/12385-ikon-gm-nailed-nfa-using-virtual-dealer-plugin.html""

The best way to comment about plug in is to do your research first!

Many dealer reps are not fully informed what the dealer side actually does & use. Evidenced by their need to look into a situation when a client contacts them, they do not always have their finger on the pulse. Ever had an acct. changed without being informed first?

In general when clients see trades not executed "instantly" taking longer than at most 1 second to open, then the probability is the dealer is using at least something to slow the trades. The plug in is the most likely tool as it is there to manage trades. If a dealer has a number of complaints about slow trade execution then the probability is that they are using the plug in and not telling all there reps if they come forward & say "not me". Any company that states here "not me" best be sure they have had no complaints about executions

Last edited:
Hello Readers,
Video #1
--------
The Virtual dealer plugin exists, and nobody can hide that fact.
Still, it is not a plugin that gets installed/bundled with Metatrader platform when brokers buy the system to start a business. It comes at an additional cost of $5,000 I believe and can be installed as a stand-alone plugin to help dealers complete certain tasks.

Please notice that I am not here to defend Metaquotes as I have no interest in doing so. For me Metaquotes is simply a software company that I use.. But as far as being involved in the "kitchen" as the thread author calls it, I really believe that the virtual dealer plugin was not made with the captured usage in mind.

Here is an article by Yevgeny Bardebanov explaining in details what, how and weather this plugin is needed or not at all.
https://support.metaquotes.net/en/articles/142

Yes, it can be used to delay orders execution, that's a fact. But if metaquotes will ask for a professional developer's review about it, I bet the developer will say that the plugin has much more to offer than simply delaying executions. At the end, when a broker wants to hold an order from being executed, they can simply stare a few seconds before clicking the "OK" button in their dealing platform/manager. Why pay the $5,000 :)

I may be a bit slow but I can't imagine a broker laying out $5,000 on a piece of software, unless that software was going to benefit the said broker!

They certainly would not have it, if it was there to improve the chances of their clients winning more from them!

My opinion is that if a broker has this software, by association, they are guilty and the regulatory bodies should force them to prove otherwise!

I think we could accomplish more if the discussion remains reasonably civil.

There is absolutely no question about the existence of one or more malicious plugins. MetaQuotes can't be blamed for the existence of those, but could at least try to make them more difficult to use. So far, they haven't made any response here.

Instead, they've had the YouTube videos pulled.

ECNJesus, please post an up-to-date list of where your videos are available. That will make it easier for people to see them and judge for themselves if something isn't right with MetaTrader.

Dale, did you get a reply from MetaQuotes?

I'm still less than thrilled that a broker can manipulate the platform and spike out clients on a one-by-one basis. Obviously, a large broker couldn't do this to everyone, but the possibility that clients could be singled out for this special treatment leaves me without a warm fuzzy feeling.

Hello,

Pharaoh, I double that; the thread is starting to take as flaming shortcut.

EcnJesus, just calm down; We all hear you, but you can not make us agree with you. Give us a chance to say something. Calling FXFrench business a BS was not an accepted behavior IMHO.

Now, addressing a few points:

- ECN & MT4:
This is a very debated area of technical aspects. Metaquotes once, or one representative of theirs made a public comment that it is impossible to build an ECN business over MT4 code. Still, the fact that FxOpen introduces at least an intermediate software that works as a bridge makes me personally a believer that they have something put together in the background.

- MT4 and personal Trades:
While not an easy task to do, there is still a way to draw spikes and edit trade entries or levels of individual accounts. I believe even the daily/monthly statements will also reflect the edited/manipulated entries instead of the real ones entered. I'll pass on explaining how, EcnJesus can make us a next video ;)

- Thoughts:
Each business, each individual business model has it's way of being done 'by the book', or 'alternatively'.

Forex is no exception.
Believe me, when a broker wants to "chop" a few pips up or down, they won't wait for Metaquotes to issue them a plugin. There are stacks of hidden secrets and complex of actions that can be performed over the platform that you wouldn't believe.

As for a broker that's not interested in this kitchen, they can simply route/tunnel the orders to a liquidity provider passing all the risks and earning a stable commission/pip-back from the provider. A decent broker can also be a Market Maker; A Market Maker is not a criminal, they sell XXX at price YYY.. you either take it or leave it.

What Metaquotes did I believe, is making certain cheating tasks easier for the 'bad brokers', while trying to issue a helpful tool for the 'good brokers'.

Just a thought though.. Enjoy your day !

MetaTrader probably has the most well known manipulations because of that infamous plugin, but Javier and Dale are right. There are a lot of bad things a broker can do even if the trading platform doesn't include "cheat the client" features (either built in or add-on plugins).

Still, I want to hear back from MetaQuotes regarding if they could be bothered to look into making it a little less easy for brokers to abuse their platform. Could it be that too many of their broker clients want these abilities so that they are just meeting market demand?

So far, the silence from MetaQuotes (except to try to close down videos and discussion of the topic) speaks volumes.

ECN + MT4 = Isn't ECN Why you ask?

Lets say your MT4 transformation into an ECN trading platform kinda works (lol), and you are NOT using all the provided beneficial features. But we few problems thou:
1. In MT4 the prices are displayed synchronously. How is this possible in ECN?
2. Limit orders never leave the local server, meaning that they never reach the ECN, until they are filled as market orders. So it kinda looses all point to trade right there, doesn't it?

So as i said before. Enough of this BS

I'm sorry ECNJesus but you are misinformed. Make a limit order in FXOpen's ECN and it will appear in the order book. MT4 is just an interface where orders made in MT4 are passed to market via FXOpen's proprietary bridge.

I understand where you are coming from by attacking unscrupulous operators who abuse the trust their clients have placed in them to handle their orders honestly and transparently but you can't just talk about those who use Metaquote's software alone. You can make the same claims about brokers who make their own platform.

Back