• Please try to select the correct prefix when making a new thread in this folder.

Discuss is for general discussions of a financial company or issues related to companies.

Info is for things like "Has anyone heard of Company X?" or "Is Company X legit or not?"

Compare is for things like "Which of these 2 (or more) companies is best?"

Searching is for things like "Help me pick a broker" or "What's the best VPS out there for trading?"

Problem is for reporting an issue with a company. Please don't just scream "CompanyX is a scam!" It is much more useful to say "I can't withdraw my money from Company X" or "Company Y is not honoring their refund guarantee" in the subject line.
    Keep Problem discussions civil and lay out the facts of your case. Your goal should be to get your problem resolved or reported to the regulators, not to see how many insults you can put into the thread.

More info coming soon.

Problem MetaQuotes

I am having an issue with a company
Dale, it is understandable that as a broker representative, this discussion irks you. It is clear that you are acting in the interests of your employer. Just the very fact that you would not write anything extremely negative against your employer makes you definitively biased. At least you don't try to hide the fact that are working for your employer.

My motive here is to raise awareness that the industry needs cleaning up. The more awareness that traders have of what can and does go on at the broker's side, the less business those unscrupulous brokers would get. Traders have a voice here and we will speak out about our concerns. Together, we have power.

Another motive is that I'd like better execution for my trades. Execution at the retail level generally sucks. I still see orders that take 4s or more to execute, even though my round-trip ping time to the server may be under 100ms. I'd like to see improvements industry-wide so that there is better choice, i.e. more reputable brokers with excellent execution.

Deltastock may or may not be an unscrupulous broker. You could simply clearly state that you do not engage in unscrupulous practices and, if possible, prove with evidence (e.g. average execution duration and slippage of clients' orders). There is no need for verbal diarrhoea about what you think we should and shouldn't be concerned about.

Last edited:
I found the video on Youtube:
[video=youtube;hlIBn7Rxkk8][/video]

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi.
YES: MetaTrader ITSELF has utilities that allow for the changing of prices and all manner of other things but it depends on the broker i.e. it depends on how those utilities are used and for what purpose. They were not DESIGNED to 'fleece' traders. But yes: in the hands of unscrupulous and dishonest brokers they CAN be used to 'fleece' traders. YES: variable spreads CAN be used to hunt stops and 'fleece' traders. But AGAIN: it ALL COMES DOWN TO BROKER INTEGRITY!!! And LEARNING TO TRADE instead of worrying about ENDLESS NONSENSE DOES HELP!!! LOL!!!

Dale.

As I see it, these 'extra' utilities on any trading platform can be used in two ways only!

Firstly the broker can use them AGAINST their clients, or they can use them IN FAVOUR of their clients!

Would you think I am a bit naive, or just an idiot, to think that I am going to find a broker somewhere out there, who would pay $5000.00 for one of these extra utilities and THEN SET IT IN MY FAVOUR, THUS REDUCING THAT BROKER'S PROFIT?

Even the most trusting of people would see that this just ain't gonna happen man!

I have to conclude that these extra utilities would clearly only be purchased or built into any platform, with the intention increasing profits (known as fleecing the client)!

There is just no other logical explanation for having this type of function on a trading platform.

You are correct in saying get a good honest broker, but a trader could have lost everything by the use of devious tactics, before they realized what was happening!

I think you are now the third broker on this thread to state that you are above this kind of illegal method of running a brokeridge.

I welcome you to the list!

Oh wow. There I was about to get into an argument with Dale and he switched sides. :D

I am surprised that it took seeing the manual to be sure it existed. At least 3 US brokers have been fined for using technology like this on the MT4 backends. Ah well, trust but verify.

From yet another thread, it looks like this thing is made by MetaQuotes and has also been resold by Boston Technologies. I don't know if there are any other resellers or not.

Obviously, MetaQuotes wouldn't offer this if no one wanted to buy it. It sounds more and more like it exists ONLY for the purpose of cheating clients.

There is one way to still cheat clients in the other direction. A bad broker could use it to favor a specific live account run by an account manager or EA seller. The service would then be offered exclusively through that broker and real client accounts wouldn't get to face the bad side of the plugin.

There is one way to still cheat clients in the other direction. A bad broker could use it to favor a specific live account run by an account manager or EA seller. The service would then be offered exclusively through that broker and real client accounts wouldn't get to face the bad side of the plugin.

Devious - hey what?

Finally, Dale realizes that there is truth in the saying "Just because you're paranoid doesn't mean that they aren't out to get you." ;)

Between the massive fines against US brokers, the manual, and the videos from ECNJesus, I think there's no possibility of anyone now trying to claim that this plugin is a figment of the imaginations of paranoid traders. The copyright takedowns of the videos show how desperate MetaQuotes is to hide the evidence.

Even if the plugin disappeared, there are still ways for brokers to cheat no matter what platform they offer. Still, I'd like to see MetaQuotes explain any legitimate reason for them to have created this plugin.

I wonder what the results would be if a large number of traders started emailing copies of the manual and links to the discussion threads to all the regulators out there?

Hyper added a link to the manual in this thread - https://www.forexpeacearmy.com/forex-forum/general-forex-talk/9019-virtual-dealer-plugin.html

Hello all,

I was requested to explain, on behalf of Spotware Systems, more about cTrader, our ECN trading platform.

I see a lot of confusion on the boards with regard to how trading platforms treat users. Many traders believe that all platforms can manipulate trades in way or another, and traders have come to accept the situations the original poster is describing as the norm (injecting prices into the market, rejected orders, custom delays and frequent slippage).
We’ve been asked to take part in this discussion to explain how we at Spotware Systems and cTrader operate.

cTrader and our automated trading platform, cAlgo, are true ECN currency trading platforms. liquidity providers stream fully executable prices from to the platform (LPs are major global banks like Barclays, UBS, Deutsche Bank, Citibank, Nomura, BNP Paribas). These liquidity streams comprise our full depth of market against which your trades are executed. It should be stressed out that this is an automated process without any human intervention. Brokers cannot manipulate in any way the stream of prices coming from LPs.

I would like to answer the original poster’s points one by one:

- Virtual dealer pt1 - a demonstration of Virtual Dealers "Delay" setting, shows how to automatically create slippage with every market order

Our backend (cServer and cBroker GUI) makes it technically impossible for brokers or third party developers to create any kind of plug-in – regardless of whether it’s malicious or not. We just don't offer this option. cBroker has no custom delay setting at all – we are proud to offer the fastest execution available on the market through are proxy cloud, and guarantee that all traders equally receive the fastest execution speeds and reliability.

This video shows how a broker can easily inject prices into the market to create spikes of various sizes and if needed hunt your stops. This feature is rarely used in the industry at this time. There are much more advanced plugins and tools offered by a number of software companies, whos main purpose is to make a Brokers life easier.

Our backend works completely automatically, with no dealer intervention possible. Our no dealing-desk setup is permanent, unalterable and unconditional – the choice does not belong to the brokers. There is no dealing desk – period. The dealing desks of Brokers offering cTrader can only modify or open positions for individual user accounts through telephone requests –and all order modifications can be viewed in your history log. Broker manipulation is impossible.

This video demonstrates how a brokers Dealing Desk operates. It can accept/reject/hold your orders or create some slippage for you.

cTrader does not permit dealing desk intervention. That means no dealing desk offering cTrader can ever accept / reject / hold your orders. There are no re-quotes and orders are passed to Liquidity Providers through the system automatically and indiscriminately.

This video shows, how easy it is to modify orders. You open them at one price, but at any given moment, they might change it. So if you ever been paranoid about someone modifying your orders, you might have been right

Brokers can only modify orders by connecting to the actual cTrader client terminal using temporary login credentials for individual client accounts. This is normally carried out through the telephone, where traders are requesting assistance due to technical difficulties or no internet access. All modifications to client orders done in this way appear in the trader’s history log – and brokers cannot in any way modify orders through the back end.

I’d like to conclude by stressing that it is our vision to change trading for the better – to free traders from the risk of malpractice and general misconduct under the market-maker model – and introduce a new standard of fast, transparent trading in a live environment. No more spread betting between client and broker.

I will be at your disposal for any questions about cTrader. For More information please visit Spotware Systems ECN Forex Trading Platforms and Solutions

Alex K.

Can anyone post or PM me link to video or something?

People want more what they can't have.

Back