New Leverage Restrictions?

1:50 leverage I think is safe than higher leverage,
but so many retail traders sometimes want more because greedy
and choose higher leverage

1:50 leverage I think is safe than higher leverage,
but so many retail traders sometimes want more because greedy
and choose higher leverage
I agree, 1:50 is enough to make good profits without taking on crazy risks. I believe a slower, safer approach is better than getting bigger profits on successful trade while risking a lot of money.

I agree, 1:50 is enough to make good profits without taking on crazy risks. I believe a slower, safer approach is better than getting bigger profits on successful trade while risking a lot of money.
I think we like with a quote, slow steady to win the race, although broker offer higher leverage until 1: 1000 as crazy leverage, but choose a broker with low leverage usually safe than a broker with high leverage because it's suspected as bucket shop broker, they attract the trader but also against the trader

I think we like with a quote, slow steady to win the race, although broker offer higher leverage until 1: 1000 as crazy leverage, but choose a broker with low leverage usually safe than a broker with high leverage because it's suspected as bucket shop broker, they attract the trader but also against the trader
If remember good I've even saw a brokers with up to 1:2000 leverage which is madness. :oops:

I can't get a clear understanding of the new leverage rules from European brokers, as I can't find clear definitions.

I read that Cysec regulated brokers default will be 1:50, however you have to prove suitability for higher leverage, FCA brokers seem to me to be offering max 1:50 and that's it, German brokers I have not paid too much attention to till now so not clear.

Can anyone help to clarify the situation before I choose a new broker?
The leverage restriction is for multi regulated trading broker. Multi regulated broker offers different volume of leverage to their broker which violates the rule of UK trading.

I can't get a clear understanding of the new leverage rules from European brokers, as I can't find clear definitions.

I read that Cysec regulated brokers default will be 1:50, however you have to prove suitability for higher leverage, FCA brokers seem to me to be offering max 1:50 and that's it, German brokers I have not paid too much attention to till now so not clear.

Can anyone help to clarify the situation before I choose a new broker?
I am pretty sure here suitability refers to as the ability to trade in professional category. Generally, European broker have this category where professional traders can sign up proving their financial experience, risk bearing capacity and a couple of more things to get higher leverages. For retails clients it stays 50X. You can check with your broker to know the exact requirements to sign up as a professional trader to have a clear picture.

What are the new restriction and changes made in the ASIC and cysec regulations regarding leverages?

Back