NFP..... eh?.... what?.... who?

Hi,

well done MM braver man than I ;)

So there we go what a stonker! :p
I always heave a sigh of relief when NFP is behind us again for another month as I find it a right pain in the a@!e, now we can get back to business.

Here's the eur/usd pair making a 149pip candle, now that's what I call a candle. Usd/jpy came close with 121pips, so news traders have had a pretty good freaky friday I would imagine.

nfp eurusd jan.gif

So why did everybody suddenly ditch the dollar? well it's all down to 3 little numbers....

-85K -3K 4K (revised from -11k) ..... lets see what happens

That's it...I'm never taking another hit...NFP is like heroin...you can't just quit it in steps...
you either quit, or you keep at it...I'm done..

totally dude...I think I was trading NFP, like, an hour after my last post, and the Mon. Asian open scored me 60 pips before I got out of bed.

...... I know what you're thinking..... "is it going to be 10K or only 5?" Well, to tell you the truth, in all this excitement I kind of lost track myself. But being as this is NFP Friday, the most powerful news event in the world, and would blow your account clean out, you've got to ask yourself one question: Do I feel lucky? Well, do ya, trader?

I'm guessing that there's no way we'll see a low in USD/JPY lower than 87.5, and I don't care how bad the jobs report is. If that happens, I really think that's where the BoJ will pull a swissy. I think they're already edgy over the sub-123 Euro. I'll say the same scenario for Euro if it hits 120.5.
If it's stellar I'd say wake up Monday at 91.5 for US, and 128 for Euro.

More to my mind is the other pairs though. Recently we've been back to last year's MO of good news for US -> good news for risk, and vice versa. In January we had the opposite.
My interpretation is that if we get bad news, we should see the Euro and Stirling get spanked by the USD, and if we get good news, people will feel more confident in the USD and so the Euro and Stirling will get spanked for their uncertainty.
Does any one else have a viewpoint on this? I'd like a lot of opinions if possible.

Japan + S3 for 75 pips,wait for New York

Let’s see how the Japan market open’s.This is one time I would take the daily pivot point and wait for S2 then.... I think it will go down and do 75 pip profit with the pivot pont as a stop loss. Wait for the 08:30 New York NFP report and wish I would have done 150 pips.
But that is dream not discipline.
Please this is just gaming don't do it. (I'm doing Demo)
Wait witch way am I supposed to go again???? Up/Down. USDJPY or JPYUSD?

Last edited:
Back