• Please try to select the correct prefix when making a new thread in this folder.

Discuss is for general discussions of a financial company or issues related to companies.

Info is for things like "Has anyone heard of Company X?" or "Is Company X legit or not?"

Compare is for things like "Which of these 2 (or more) companies is best?"

Searching is for things like "Help me pick a broker" or "What's the best VPS out there for trading?"

Problem is for reporting an issue with a company. Please don't just scream "CompanyX is a scam!" It is much more useful to say "I can't withdraw my money from Company X" or "Company Y is not honoring their refund guarantee" in the subject line.
    Keep Problem discussions civil and lay out the facts of your case. Your goal should be to get your problem resolved or reported to the regulators, not to see how many insults you can put into the thread.

More info coming soon.

Discuss OctaFX.com

General discussions of a financial company
ℹ️ Info ⭐ Reviews ❓FAQ
Alhmadulillah dengan modal awal 8$/wecome bonus dari Octa Fx sekarang modal saya sudah menjadi 150$, terimakasih Octa FX yang telah memberi saya modal dan pengalaman Forex

Moderation Team Note: No one cares that you can get a whole $8 for posting about OctaFx.

Determined traders always reach success with OctaFX!

OctaFX Champion Round 21 proved that determined traders always reach success!
Round 21 winners’ stories of success have arrived! Enjoy the fresh view on our splendid Demo contest and join it in the next round. You will be able to improve your trading performance and get a unique experience – demo account allows you to try various techniques and take more courageous decisions.

This month four luckiest traders became a part of OctaFX Hall of Fame:

• 1st place – Mr. Kanchan Dey from Bangladesh
  • 2nd place – Mr. Mohamed Hafez Amin Ahmed from Egypt
  • 3rd place – Mr. Mazlan Mude from Malaysia
  • The last runner – Mr. Chuan Dai from China.

Mr. Kanchan Dey, occupying the 1st place feels rewarded at last – he spent all 21 rounds competing! “I felt so happy after saw me as an OCTAFX Champion. I participated in almost every contest held by OctaFX. Still every time I failed. That’s why this time I was determined to do well and I got my prize for serious hard work and that’s why I am so happy. I can say that my Gold trade was my most profitable gain and I didn’t encounter a loss trading GOLD also”.

Here’s some more inspirational feedback from other participants:

How involved in the contest you were – was it taking all of your time?
1st place – Mr. Kanchan Dey: No, I didn’t trade all the time. I made analysis and then opened a trade. So it didn’t take that much time.
2nd place – Mr. Mohamed Hafez Amin Ahmed: It took half of my time closer to the end of the contest.
3rd place 3rd place – Mr. Mazlan Mude: I only wanted to test my abilities, so I traded just to pass the time.

What is the key factor to your success? Why are you better than everyone else?
1st place – Mr. Kanchan Dey: Patience is the key factor to my success. Previously, I lost almost every time due to the lack of patience. This time I was so careful about it. I made long analysis and then open a trade. That is my history of success.
2nd place – Mr. Mohamed Hafez Amin Ahmed: I was serious & devoted.
3rd place – Mr. Mazlan Mude: I was sure, confident and able to strive.

What was your strategy? Have you developed a perfect plan or tried various techniques?
1st place – Mr. Kanchan Dey: No, I follow a simple strategy. I used Fibonacci and MA to trade with technical advisors and I also mixed my technical strategy with fundamental strategy.
2nd place – Mr. Mohamed Hafez Amin Ahmed: My strategy was "price action".
3rd place – Mr. Mazlan Mude: I also used “price action”, as it is more accurate and timely.

How long does it take to become a good trader?
1st place – Mr. Kanchan Dey: I participate in this contest from Round no 1. So it took me so long to become a good trader. I think a person needs minimum 1 year to become a good trader.
2nd place – Mr. Mohamed Hafez Amin Ahmed: 2 years.
3rd place – Mr. Mazlan Mude: time is not specific, depending on a person's ability to accept what he learned about forex trading.
The last runner in the contest – Mr. Chuan Dai expresses his intention to improve the trading performance in the following rounds and to develop the ability to control his emotions. We will follow the journey and maybe someday we will see the last runner of this round awarded with the first prize!

Hope Mr. Kanchan Dey’s story inspired you as much as it inspired OctaFX team! Follow the glorious example – register in the next round of OctaFX Champion Demo Contest!

OctaFX congratulates the awarded participants and hopes that OctaFX Champion Demo contest serves as a perfect start of a successful trading career!

Spend your luckiest days with OctaFX!

OctaFX is ready to greet Malaysian traders in Bahasa Malaysia!

First fundamental improvement of year 2014 affects our Malaysian-speaking customers!

We have promised more exciting upgrades to ensure your trading is comfortable. As a sign of appreciation towards Malaysian traders, we introduce new version of our website! The local Malaysian website is now available, and no original feature escaped this upgrade. Personal Area now speaks Bahasa Malaysia too!

Using new Malaysian local version you can:

• Open and manage your accounts
  • Deposit and withdraw your funds
  • Use convenient Economic calendar
  • Participate in our promotional contests
  • Receive bonuses
  • Read Company News to know about every innovation firsthand
OctaFX considers every possibility to make your trading more convenient and accessible. Please, address to us directly at support@octafx.com in case you have some questions or comments. We are always glad to hear our customers’ feedback!

Stay with OctaFX for even better Forex experience!

2013 FX Empire awards announced!

octafx-best-customer-service.pngYear 2013 is over, but we are still getting new awards for our amazing services! This time, internet giant FX Empire proclaimed us Best Customer Service Broker 2013!

FXEmpire.com itself is the Forex flagship site of the FX Empire Network. The FX Empire Network provides readers with expert and timely technical analyses, fundamental analyses and news-pieces; in order to empower traders to make the best possible financial decisions. Undoubtedly it makes us proud to be featured at the portal as one of the best Forex Brokers.

We have spoken to the Head of Customer Support Department, Dean Trent, to get the insight into active and eventful life of our CS department.

Dean, congratulations on being appreciated by FX Empire! How do you feel about this award?

We feel immensely proud to be that trusted by traders, it motivates the whole team to improve the service and to step up – you know, we have achieved a lot, we lifted the bar of the whole industry and now we should comply with the highest level of services.

How do you treat your clients?
We are happy to be useful and are always ready to help. We do everything in our power to use individual approach to every issue. Our team would like our customers to perceive us as personal assistants, who are true to one’s word.

How about your international team? Has it reached integrity?
It is incredibly exciting to observe the progress and development of our international team. The atmosphere in our department is friendly and supportive. I can also say that business ethics is a cornerstone in building this team. Having a common goal is exactly what makes our department cooperate and deliver qualified customer support services.

What perspectives lie ahead of your Department at OctaFX?
We have already achieved a tremendous success in the field, and now we all await new groundbreaking services from OctaFX. Apart from innovative quality control, every member of a team will find the sphere to specialize in, in order to provide more accurate and swift replies.

As Dean Trent stated, OctaFX is moving towards perfection in giant steps. We would like to thank FX Empire for high evaluation of our services. The award given to us is of great value and we appreciate every customer feedback. You can always read the FX Empire Review and leave one of your own at the website.

For more profound news and coverage, visit our Company News page. Our multiple awards can be viewed here.

Thank you for trading with OctaFX!

King of the Road winner Dedi Kurniawan's success story!

King of the Road real account contest is over and now it’s time to meet the ultimate winner – Dedi Kurniawan from Jakarta, Indonesia! After winning the competition, Dedi feels sensational for his prize, gorgeous Porsche Panamera now belongs to him and him only!

Dedi Kurniawan’s story of success began about 3 years ago, when he was introduced to Forex Trading. As one of the reasons for joining the competition, our winner stated extra motivation for trading. It all came out better than he could have expected – news trading and persistence brought him such an exciting result!

Watch the video to know the secret path to profitable trading and remember – everyone can win!

Last edited by a moderator:
King of the Road Top Ten Success Stories!

As every award has reached its winner, we would like you to hear direct voices of every TopTenner, talking about the experience of OctaFX King of the Road real account contest. With no delay, let the winners speak for themselves:

Dedi Kurniawan, 1st place, from Indonesia:
"I wouldn’t dare to claim a victory first, being among 6500 contestants. Still with Allah help I succeeded and I can say that time I’ve spent competing was fascinating. I dedicated my trading to EUR/USD mostly, giving my full attention to real time charts and indicators, also reading some related news - NonFarm payrolls, CPIs. I traded following the trend: using this strategy, it’s crucial not to panic and remain confident. By the end of the contest my progress was so impressive I couldn’t believe my own eyes - I was not a relaxed trader though - I kept trading my own way till the end, not giving emotions a way to reign over me. I can say that I consider this victory one of my lifetime achievements. I learned to stick to my plan and be determined and I can advise you not to be discouraged by mistakes but to apply all your knowledge and talent to make your trading profitable."

Royfaizal Bin Razali Chong, 2nd runner, from Malaysia:
"It’s unbelievable. I feel so excited and it’s like a dream to be the 2nd in the competition!
When I joined the contest, I only took it as fun. Because I'm still a newbie in this forex industry. In terms of experiences, I perceived most of the contestants to be better than me. That’s why, I didn't expect any excellent results from the contest.
I like to compete with myself. A desire to be a no.1 really kept me motivated to carry on. At the beginning, I only spent a bit of time in my account. However, after my account made it to the top 10, I have put all my time in it, especially few days before the contest's end. I was using a strategy which known as BBMA. Two indicators of Bollinger Band and Moving Average, respectively. My daily life is helping me to become more disciplined in my trading. Now, trading is like a job for me instead of a hobby.
I have been almost 2 years in the forex trading. I have learned my basic forex trading from babypips. The key factor to success is the forex strategy itself. Most of the traders keep looking for the profitable strategy. But do they really believe the strategy can generate profitable income for them? My advice for them is to come up with own forex strategy and follow it thoroughly before asking any profits from the forex strategy itself. Your contest was a good platform for the traders to compete with each other, so I’ll recommend traders to participate in the next one 100% absolutely."

Trader from Poland, Krzysztof Goc occupies 3rd place:
"That’s A great feeling to be so highly ranked, the prospect of winning a prize was for me the best motivation. Though trading is both work and hobby for me. I love doing it. I am in the market for four years. During this time I learned different things. Above all, respect for the earned money because sometimes it is easy to earn but even easier to lose. But that's not all, I'm still learning and I'm trying to grow as a trader.
Contest consumed a lot of my time: I had a lot of trial and did not worry about failure. The victory was the only important thing.
Competitions Strategy I used can be described as: catch the hole/peak and use aggressive pyramidal positions. Competition is a different world. The competition is traded otherwise than on a daily basis. I have a policy in daily trade - to reduce the risk of losses. In the competition you don’t care about insignificant loses compared to what is at stake. The key to success is consistency and clearly outlined target. I took part in different competitions but this one was special to me. I changed my approach to forex, discovered new trading opportunities. I am very happy that I could take part in this competition."

4th place – Indonesian Trader Likartono:
"I was surprised and am very happy to be a Top 10 King of The Road Real account contest from OctaFX.
Currently, trading is my additional job. However, when possible, trading will be my main job. Though, until now, I still do not have good technique. I have not encountered any spectacular trades. It can be seen from my accounts affected by Margin Call. When I started my trading, I never imagined I would gain extraordinary results. During this contest, I really enjoyed trading, although sometimes I felt disappointed with the results. Nevertheless, I did not give up. I kept trading. My motivation now is trying to be the best for myself, to prove that I was able to become a Top 10 King of Road. It makes me stay focused."

Satria Agung Wibowo from Indonesia – 5th place on the list:
"It’s unbelievable. I’m so happy. I can survive on big 10 with some good traders that joined & participated in this event. Trading is like hobby for me. I can get more money beside my primary job as a constructor. The contest trades took around 2-4 hour a day.
I try to focus on my trading technique. I trust this technique. Even though I didn’t get the best place. I’am using breakout candle technique on London Open market. Most losses I got were on Sept 2013. I’ve lost a lot of money. But sometimes dream come true, all you need is to be patient. I would advise traders to focus & discipline on trading technique you have."

Jordan’s trader Motie Hayajneh rated 6th:
"I feel very happy to be in the top 10 list. Forex trading for me is an extra-income source. I started trading forex 6 years ago. I learned to be disciplined. And when I saw the contest, I decided to be in the top10 list. Contest took few of my time, but I was always monitoring the rankings page. My most spectacular trade was on gold with a strategy based on technical analysis. A profitable advice to OctaFX traders is to let the profits run and to stop the losses as soon as possible."

8th position – Mahbubur Rahman Bangladesh:
"I am Mahbubur Rahman and I feel so lucky to win a prize in a live contest. Forex trading is my life: I trade every day, I can say I am like a professional trader. I’ve been involved in Forex for about only a year. I have learned many things from various points in the live contest, for example how to handle a good financial management. Overall, Forex trading system is a source of learning for all kind people. I think if someone wants to do something in present and future, they should engage with Forex business. I perceive forex as a kind of business and business means profit and loss both. I faced both.
This is my 1st live contest as a contestant. One of my friend told me about the king of the road contest and then I did not look back. This was the most exciting contest around the world. I think I will participate more. Concerning a strategy, I am a scalper, so I follow the market trend to scalping, that’s me key factor to success. My advice is if you want to use scalping as successfully as me, then you should follow the market trend."

9th runner – Indonesian trader Faruq Eko Saputro:
"I was very surprised, because, I didn’t expect to get a winner’s position, until one day, I searched my name at Google, and then, I saw the link with my name as 9th winner at the King of the Road contest, and as I opened my cabinet, that was true, I was a winner. Forex is my night job – I use the RSI and news at forex factory to trade. It took me 2 years to get a system with many losses, and now I get more profit, I have learnt that if I’m not patient, I get loss and loss.
Sometimes, I get more money, if I open a good position and my technique works good, and then if a news are not accurate, I get loss. I participated just to see my technique for trade, my friend also kept me focused, and made me careful.
Be patient and be patient every time, don’t think about profit, but think about no losses!"

10th trader – Yu Ping Song from China:
"First, I’m very thankful for OctaFX to organize the contest, besides, i was very lucky to win the 10th place. Next morning after the end of the contest I turned on the computer and saw the result of the contest, I clapped my hands with excitement, repeating “so good , so lucky” time and again. I’ve been learning trading forex for 5 years , I worked hard and adhered to it. My trading strategy is to follow the trend, and then wait for a recall to the support position then enter the market, control the profit and loss ratio in 3:1, although I haven’t encountered any great setbacks, I experienced lots of difficulty.
I will keep participating in the follow-up Contest hold by OctaFX and share my happiness to my friends. I’ve recommended OctaFX at various Forex forums."

You see, it’s not necessary to be 100% experienced and profitable for the victory to pick you! Now as you know all the motivation and secrets of success – stay tuned to know about the launch of a new Real Contest from OctaFX.
See the of Dedi Kurniawan and follow OctaFX Company News!

Last edited by a moderator:
Welcome Round 22 OctaFX Champions!

Meanwhile, our OctaFX Champion Demo contest Round 22 is over, and Round 23 is already on! While newbies practice to get our prize pool of 1000$, let’s see the details of Round 22! This time, 2067 traders took part in our international race, and sped up to the finish line, gaining experience and living every minute of it! Following the tradition, we award 3 winners and 1 last runner and present you their stories of success!

New faces in OctaFX Hall of Fame – Round 22 OctaFX Champion Demo contest winners:

1st place with the award of 500 USD goes to Mr. Effendi Setiawan from Indonesia
2nd place with the award of 300 USD goes to Mr. Siegfrid Tampubolonfrom Indonesia
3rd place with the award of 100 USD goes to Mr. Vasiliy Baltyanskiy from Ukraine
The last runner in the contest Mr. Kurdi SE from Indonesia is granted 100 USD.

The interview of our winners will convince even the most insecure traders to participate and become an OctaFX Champion!

How do you feel being an OctaFX Champion?

1st place – Mr. Effendi Setiawan: Alhamdulillah, I am very happy to be a champion.
2nd place – Mr. Siegfrid Tampubolon: I'm thrilled, very happy being one of the champion list. I'm off trading almost 2 years now but now starting again with contest and small amount real account. So yes, I'm very pleased to be one of the winners.
3rd place – Mr. Vasiliy Baltyanskiy: Nice to be a big winner of the contest that involves so many people from different countries.

How involved in the contest you were – was it taking all of your time?

1st place – Mr. Effendi Setiawan: I'm trading after coming home from work, about 5 hours of my trading in a single day.
2nd place – Mr. Siegfrid Tampubolon: Actually, it is. Almost of my time, just to get my "trading feeling" back :)
3rd place – Mr. Vasiliy Baltyanskiy: Much time was spent on this contest.

What is the key factor to your success? Why are you better than everyone else?

1st place – Mr. Effendi Setiawan: patience, and money management
2nd place – Mr. Siegfrid Tampubolon: I'm building my technique, focus on one-two pairs only, consistent timeframe and most important to me, discipline.
3rd place – Mr. Vasiliy Baltyanskiy: Success comes to those who put a lot of time and attention to what they are doing.

What was your strategy? Have you developed a perfect plan or tried various techniques?

1st place – Mr. Effendi Setiawan: price action,candlestick pattern.averaging.
2nd place – Mr. Siegfrid Tampubolon: I was trying some techniques, with more aggresive action due to the contest. I have one for intraday trading, and another one for long term which is not suitable for the contest. Fortunately this techniques still apply and even better when the contest run.
3rd place – Mr. Vasiliy Baltyanskiy: No particular strategy. I use divergence on the RSI indicator and even luck.

What was your most spectacular gain? Have you encountered considerable loss?

1st place – Mr. Effendi Setiawan: most spectacular gain $164 532.31, and encountered considerable loss -$1 838.43
2nd place – Mr. Siegfrid Tampubolon: If we talk about pips, it is +73.9 pips, and for profit it is +$8,459
3rd place – Mr. Vasiliy Baltyanskiy: Sure I have encountered considerable loss. But it is actually doesn't matter if you still gain more profit than loss.

OctaFX would like to thank all the participant and remind everyone else that next time you can be one of OctaFX Champion Demo Contest winners! Don't let anything stop you from getting into the next Round of OctaFX Champion Demo Contest – prove yourself to be a successful and thoughtful trader, reach new heights, and get a reward you deserve – register in Round 24 OctaFX Champion Demo Contest!

Spend your luckiest days with OctaFX!

OctaFX awarded Best ECN Broker Asia 2014!

best-ecn-broker-asia-2014.jpg
There is nothing more valuable for OctaFX than making our traders happy by providing good news!

Our first award this year is from Global Banking and Finance Review! OctaFX is proclaimed Best ECN Broker Asia! This award is the second from Global Banking and Finance Review and we are glad to raise our standards every year and find OctaFX among finest financial institutions.

Global Banking & Finance Review is an online Portal, with independent and balanced view into the financial world that contains informative news within the financial community. GBAF experienced contributors provide qualified and in-depth insight in a clear and concise way, providing leading players and key figures with up to date information within the finance sector.

We at OctaFX cannot be more proud for our veritable ECN services that were highly evaluated by this financial media giant read in over 200 different countries. Since the day of establishing OctaFX we make sure our services are flawless – spreads are lowest in the industry, our traders don’t experience any requotes, execution is instant and Customers Support Service is impeccable. We would like to express gratitude towards reviewers and the jury, who picked OctaFX among vast number of other nominees, and we are also limitlessly thankful to our clients who have chosen OctaFX services and support us with their valuable and positive feedback.

The year has just begun and we are looking ahead with positive thoughts for making our services more and more exciting for traders to come and join the journey towards profitable trading!

OctaFX – your multi-awarded world-recognized broker. Stay tuned!

I say hello to the broker OctaFX great,
who has performed the best broker as a
from 2012 to the present ..
I get a lot of experience in OctaFX
I did not find in my previous broker,
The broker put quality and prioritize customer satisfaction,
suport friendly, fast service, a complete platform ..
which obviously is highly recommended broker ..
OctaFX continue to the summit!

Octafx is a big scammer. They want earn money only from the traders. They are not also ECN. Big Scam Market Maker.
First their SWAP FREE Accounts,
I was opened a swap free account in Octafx and trade with them. In SWAP FREE accounts swaps will not be added. But after few days, I closed my orders they were added commission. The commission is same as swap. But it is invisible in MT4 untill, I close my orders. I ask them why swaps are added in the name of commission in swap free accounts. They replied cool, swap free accounts made for Muslim religious and their is no difference between swap free accounts and other accounts. This is first cheating. They advertise swap free accounts available in Octafx is only attract the clients. The SWAP FREE accounts are fake.

Second thing their re-quotes.
They are said the accounts are not re-quotes. But, the pending orders opened with re-quotes in the name of started/gap. ie. the buy stop orders were opened with higher price and sell stop orders quoted opened with lower price from the quoted price. Also sell limit orders opened with lower price and buy limit orders were opened in higher price. It causing the profit and give loss to the traders. This is one type of cheating with re-quotes.

The third big scam.
Their ib programs. The ib rates are vary with the no. of clients. also they give $15. for the ibs those who have more than 100 clients. All the brokers are earning money in the pip difference only and they give IB commission less than the pip difference. ie. the broker earn 10$ for one lot with one pip difference pair.(This is average). In the 10 $ they will give 5 $. It is possible to give. But in Octafx many pairs having less than one. So they will earn less than 10$ per lot. But they give 15$ IB commission, for the IBs those having morethan 100 clients. In this condition, the excess amount to give IB commission will be coming from where?. This shows they will attract more clients with attractive announcements and close the website after getting t a big money from them.

But, I don't think about the above conditions, I was trading with Octafx for past 3 months with an IB. The IB transfer the IB commission on every monday. Until last week (ie.16.02.2014) i got the IB revenue from that IB. So, I traded more lots in last week with high tension of mind same as previous trading and expect to receive my IB commission on Monday. But on Monday (ie.24.02.2014) I can't get my IB commission. I contact my IB, why I am not received my IB commission. The IB told Octafx remove your account from my IB due to hedged trading, so I am not unable to transfer money to your account. What a big scam, I traded last week as well as my previous trading. They gave IB commission until last week. But this week they are updating their rules for IB commission ie. hedged trading will not eligible for IB commission. I accept their update, but they can't give information about that update. If they are genuine they gave the earned money and giving a information about the trading strategy will not accept for IB commission in future. How we believe this type of cheaters. If after earning more money they with hold the profit by updating their rules, what can we do?.

Back