• Please try to select the correct prefix when making a new thread in this folder.

Discuss is for general discussions of a financial company or issues related to companies.

Info is for things like "Has anyone heard of Company X?" or "Is Company X legit or not?"

Compare is for things like "Which of these 2 (or more) companies is best?"

Searching is for things like "Help me pick a broker" or "What's the best VPS out there for trading?"

Problem is for reporting an issue with a company. Please don't just scream "CompanyX is a scam!" It is much more useful to say "I can't withdraw my money from Company X" or "Company Y is not honoring their refund guarantee" in the subject line.
    Keep Problem discussions civil and lay out the facts of your case. Your goal should be to get your problem resolved or reported to the regulators, not to see how many insults you can put into the thread.

More info coming soon.

Discuss ProfitableFx.com

General discussions of a financial company
Settings for Cable Run 3.0 ?

What settings are people using for Cable Run 3.0?

I think the default settings the EA came with allows the EA to run 24 hours a day.

Settings

What settings are people using for Cable Run 3.0?

I think the default settings the EA came with allows the EA to run 24 hours a day.

Hi,

I am running Cable Run 3.0 in live account (start deposit of $2500) for 1 week now.

My settings are:

FirstLot: 0.07
IncLot: 0
PlaceTradeFrom: 21:00
PlaceTradeTo: 07:00
MinProfit: 10.5

I made an average $25 profit per day.

I also saw on Myfxbook website the Cable Run running all day long (but not every day).

I sent an email to profitableFx admin yesterday to know if it's possible to trade 24h/day.

Hi,

I am running Cable Run 3.0 in live account (start deposit of $2500) for 1 week now.

My settings are:

FirstLot: 0.07
IncLot: 0
PlaceTradeFrom: 21:00
PlaceTradeTo: 07:00
MinProfit: 10.5

I made an average $25 profit per day.

I also saw on Myfxbook website the Cable Run running all day long (but not every day).

I sent an email to profitableFx admin yesterday to know if it's possible to trade 24h/day.

Thank you.

Good luck in getting a reply. I asked about 4 days ago and I'm still waiting to hear a reply.

Do let me know what they suggest if they do in fact give you a reply.

Better Settings for Cable Run ?

Guys,

Anyone else notice this ? on the results posted on FPA for the Cable Run EA. The results are weird...

On the same day 18 Nov. It takes profits at different points ?
$7 , $9 , $24 , $23 , $18 ?

I thought there was one take profit setting ?

Also, the stop loss is also random

-$6 , -$9 ?

If the 18 Nov trades were manually closed at the same time.... Then why are there accumulated floating positions from 18 Nov & 19 Nov of up to $1000+ now ?

Trying to figure out whether the EA is working or is there manual intervention here ? or is it some other setting on the EA ?

Guys,

Anyone else notice this ? on the results posted on FPA for the Cable Run EA. The results are weird...

On the same day 18 Nov. It takes profits at different points ?
$7 , $9 , $24 , $23 , $18 ?

You have a valid question. Notice that these trades were outside of the recommended trading hours GMT 21-7. My Nov 18 trades results in 3 profitable trades with a net +45 pips. The developer claimed that FPA demo results are from the same EA we purchased. There has to be manual intervention.

You have a valid question. Notice that these trades were outside of the recommended trading hours GMT 21-7. My Nov 18 trades results in 3 profitable trades with a net +45 pips. The developer claimed that FPA demo results are from the same EA we purchased. There has to be manual intervention.

Sort of defeats the purpose of using a EA to show Demo when they have to manually intervene right ;)

Anyway... another miracle... all the floating positions from 18 Nov and 19 Nov has closed either with profit or minimal loss of -14... Wow ! which setting on the EA can we use to do that ???

Hey Julian, can I check with you. On live what are your settings ?

Do you use the standard 170 steps and take profit 15 ?

Or do you use more steps and a lower take profit ?

Sort of defeats the purpose of using a EA to show Demo when they have to manually intervene right ;)

Anyway... another miracle... all the floating positions from 18 Nov and 19 Nov has closed either with profit or minimal loss of -14... Wow ! which setting on the EA can we use to do that ???

Hey Julian, can I check with you. On live what are your settings ?

Do you use the standard 170 steps and take profit 15 ?

Or do you use more steps and a lower take profit ?

I use default step 170 for 5-digit brokers (or 17 for 4 digit brokers) and take profit 15 for 0.1 lot. You can play with higher steps and less take profit in back test.

I noticed that on the FPA demo, all the trades Cable Run EA opened today were closed.

However, on my EA, there was still one trade left floating... now down 100 pips :unhappy:

I looked through the entire demo and cannot find the same open position of 1.57276 ?

Why does the same EA have different positions ? shouldn't the chart be roughly the same even among different brokerages ? weird...

Plus all 3 buy trades opened at 17 pips separation today were losers... no retracement.... looks like this EA cannot handle a trending market nor does it factor into it's calculations for a trending market :unhappy:

EA worthless due to anti piracy code

The security on the EA is so tight that it doesn't work. I can say that I lost 250 USD!! they need you to generate a file on your system with a piece of software, then they code this file into the EA so it wont work on any other machine.! I couldn't make this license generator work on my Mac running parrallels. They had to enter my system and fix it. I now have the same problem on the VPS and they dont respond to mails. Good luck with these guys, I wont call them a scam but ....

Back