Scrips who?

nekojfx

Private
So... I spend a lot of time learning about Forex (whenever my busy life style allowed me ) and one day I said... Good job Aleksandar, good job... :p And as i was looking through some EAs, proud and jolly I noticed an icon saying SCRIPS...:confused: WTF is that, I asked myself.. I tried applying it to the chart, it looked like an EA except that it does not do anything... I pressed allow live trading and everything, but I still don't get it :mad:
Any suggestions?! Thanks a lot!

p.s. I looked up an explanation in the MT4 platform help section and I still don't get it, and biggest problem is that when I apply it on the chart it doesn't do anything, so I can't figure it out by staring at the chart!

Do you mean Scripts? Those are items that can run automatically when launched, but aren't designed to operate like EAs.

I have a few in my copy of MT4 - Close all orders. Close and reverse, etc.

Lets put it this way.
An expert advisor is like you analyzing your next entry.
A Script is you when you have to go out with your fiance and immediately close all trades without second thought.

Hello nekojfx

There is some very useful custom build "scripts" for traders to use, and mostly free.

You do have a few default scripts on the MT4 platform (never tried mt5 but likely they too have something similar)

The best one I like using is the "PeriodConverter.mq4" for giving me a more precise reading while backtesting my EA one different timeframes.

Is this the "script" you're talking about ?

Good luck
Liz

now i get it :) im not much of an EA guy nor did i start this thread but thanks for the explanations :) it was one of those things that i didnt get, now i know :D

Script is something that automate you actions (usually when there is need for that, for example closing several orders in grid trading)Try it on demo to discovdr all its features..

hahaaa... I'm glad to help :) I get it too, I downloaded a script and realized how it worked... the examples on my platform were not working though...:/ but it's ok, because like I already said, i think I GOT IT! :-D Thanks guys
now i get it :) im not much of an EA guy nor did i start this thread but thanks for the explanations :) it was one of those things that i didnt get, now i know :D

Back