• Please try to select the correct prefix when making a new thread in this folder.

Discuss is for general discussions of a financial company or issues related to companies.

Info is for things like "Has anyone heard of Company X?" or "Is Company X legit or not?"

Compare is for things like "Which of these 2 (or more) companies is best?"

Searching is for things like "Help me pick a broker" or "What's the best VPS out there for trading?"

Problem is for reporting an issue with a company. Please don't just scream "CompanyX is a scam!" It is much more useful to say "I can't withdraw my money from Company X" or "Company Y is not honoring their refund guarantee" in the subject line.
    Keep Problem discussions civil and lay out the facts of your case. Your goal should be to get your problem resolved or reported to the regulators, not to see how many insults you can put into the thread.

More info coming soon.

Problem Should I chargeback? XMGlobal

I am having an issue with a company

thomax

Recruit
Hello, I recently signed up on this broker “xmglobal.com”, I deposited 1000$, which were gone in just a matter of day, the spread is absurd, i was thinking of striking a chargeback to try obtain my money back, since i saw the are a lot of scam report from this broker and also shouldn’t be regulated in Italy (not sure, but shouldn’t, may need help to determine). What is the likelyhood that i will be successful? Im a bit scared that they could take legal action against me since they have my ID. I would like to take action tonight, but im still unsure if i’m doing the right thing,

I am not sure if the site you are asking about is really related to XM or if it's a clone. Please visit xm.com and ask their support if xmglobal.com is really one of theirs or not.

I am not sure if the site you are asking about is really related to XM or if it's a clone. Please visit xm.com and ask their support if xmglobal.com is really one of theirs or not.
I already did before investing, yes, it’s their website, different brand with different regulations, this one regulated by FSC, while xm.com by the CySec.

Hello, I recently signed up on this broker “xmglobal.com”, I deposited 1000$, which were gone in just a matter of day, the spread is absurd, i was thinking of striking a chargeback to try obtain my money back, since i saw the are a lot of scam report from this broker and also shouldn’t be regulated in Italy (not sure, but shouldn’t, may need help to determine). What is the likelyhood that i will be successful? Im a bit scared that they could take legal action against me since they have my ID. I would like to take action tonight, but im still unsure if i’m doing the right thing,
well if i were you i would not do charge back unless you have valid reasons. honestly they would not be able to take any actions against you if they are not regulated; but what about fairness?!

I don't about chargebacks, thing is there are internal systems that help company report this kind of action to one another.

You might lose your money though, that's why the chargeback exists.

I believe chargeback is a very delicate matter, and there are steps to be taken before you do so. You need to gather evidence that you have been scammed. Contact their support team and confront them regarding this issue and see how they'd respond. After that, you can contact their regulatory firm and file a complaint IF the regulatory firm is legitimate. If none of the above helped you, then you can proceed to chargeback without any hesitation, and let the bank deal with them.

I believe chargeback is a very delicate matter, and there are steps to be taken before you do so. You need to gather evidence that you have been scammed. Contact their support team and confront them regarding this issue and see how they'd respond. After that, you can contact their regulatory firm and file a complaint IF the regulatory firm is legitimate. If none of the above helped you, then you can proceed to chargeback without any hesitation, and let the bank deal with them.
Well, they are not regulated in italy, so i think a chargeback is gonna get through smooth like butter

I don't about chargebacks, thing is there are internal systems that help company report this kind of action to one another.
I honestly would prefer 1000$ over the ability to use platforms like this ever again, although i think i might just open an account with the name of my father or mother to just bypass this

Back