What was your biggest obstacle?

My biggest hurdle in forex is fear. I fear to enter any trade, on good looking setups and then that setup goes a long way in my direction that I had missed. Then if I am in a trade any strong more against my direction will cause me to exit from a potentially good trade.
have you tried entering with smaller than usual positions?

If you get too many offquotes or requotes, first, check your connection speed to the internet, then check your connection speed to the broker's server.

Contact your broker's support department. Sometimes (not always) they have ways of helping.

Worst case, if everything is good on your end and the broker can't/won't help, change brokers.

My biggest hurdle in forex is fear. I fear to enter any trade, on good looking setups and then that setup goes a long way in my direction that I had missed. Then if I am in a trade any strong more against my direction will cause me to exit from a potentially good trade.

Well, how many money you spend on smoking (or on chocolate or ice-cream if you are a non smoker!)? Take $5-$10 apart from your money and assume you will lose it on trade and you must know that $5-$10 is not a matter to you! I removed my fear this way and I use my extra earnings ( other than my full time job) in trade so that it do not hamper my life even if I lose all! I hope you got how to get relieve from fear!

Last edited:
Like any other trader at the start of my trading career the most biggest obstacle for me was the fear of losing money which made me realize small profits and let the losing trades run for long time, which i have corrected now after three years.

You can focus more on the charts if you do not prefer to read or have problems reading :)

Sometimes I also need to read some forex articles (finane) or read how to use a indicator, it's difficult for a guy that don't have good english like me.

The largest obstacle for me is the multiple losses in the row which really tested my patience and really could go insane.

I realized that I must always revise my trading strategies and price action really meant a lot to me.

Most difficult obstacle for me to overcome is psychology.

My obstacle was not being consistent, now I am and getting the benefits of it. In forex all you need is consistency. Even if you have a good strategy but if you are not consistent with it, you are going to lose.

Back