Account size to trade full time?

I would say if you know what you are doing $1000 is a good start
This is a good amount to start trading, however, this is need skill to make money grow week by week, although not guaranteed to succeed using $1000, however, it is better than only $100.

It is usually suggested to start with small amounts just to ensure testing processes like withdrawal etc which cannot be tested on a demo account in my opinion.

It is usually suggested to start with small amounts just to ensure testing processes like withdrawal etc which cannot be tested on a demo account in my opinion.
I see there are some traders who like to use micro account when they start trading with low trading budget, demo account also good place to practice without any risk.

If you goal is 500-600 USD/month, then 10K account is enough, as 6% month goal with moderate leverage like 1:30 or 1:50 is pretty conservative approach which should be almost stress-free which is important in my view.

I see there are some traders who like to use micro account when they start trading with low trading budget, demo account also good place to practice without any risk.
Micro accounts can be another good option to kick start trading with small amounts however if you can make profits on small accounts you can update to regular accounts later.

Micro accounts can be another good option to kick start trading with small amounts however if you can make profits on small accounts you can update to regular accounts later.
Yes, it is good to become a progress learner, if in micro account getting more confidence in making a profit regularly, traders can shift up to the next level to use a standard account, each step usually will feel different psychology.

there is no fix amount really to trade full time, some do a couple of thousands, others hundred of thousands, and well some stick with just hundreds and keep a day job, a trading career will never be easy, though i do have a mid sized 4 digit account at hfm, but i do still keep a day job and trading earns me some extra, and I can not say that i made it in forex trading even after a decade of trading.

The account size needed for a retail investor to trade full time will depend on a variety of factors, including the trader's risk tolerance, trading style, and financial goals. While there is no one-size-fits-all answer, a good rule of thumb is to have enough capital to cover living expenses for at least six months to a year, in addition to trading capital. This can help traders weather any potential losses or market downturns while still being able to support themselves.

Profit in forex trading is varied, forex is a business in which a trader in the everyday market can't make the same profit in daily trading, sometimes we can make a good profit, sometimes a loss, however, we always improve trading to make a higher profit than loss.

Back