• Please try to select the correct prefix when making a new thread in this folder.

Discuss is for general discussions of a financial company or issues related to companies.

Info is for things like "Has anyone heard of Company X?" or "Is Company X legit or not?"

Compare is for things like "Which of these 2 (or more) companies is best?"

Searching is for things like "Help me pick a broker" or "What's the best VPS out there for trading?"

Problem is for reporting an issue with a company. Please don't just scream "CompanyX is a scam!" It is much more useful to say "I can't withdraw my money from Company X" or "Company Y is not honoring their refund guarantee" in the subject line.
    Keep Problem discussions civil and lay out the facts of your case. Your goal should be to get your problem resolved or reported to the regulators, not to see how many insults you can put into the thread.

More info coming soon.

Are there Tick Data Suite 2 users here? I would appreciate that!

isp00rt

Recruit
Dear all,

I have a problem with the outstanding Tick Data Suite 2 software and any help provided here will be much appreciated. I got a license some months ago but I don't pay the monthly fee now, so I can't have access to their support service. I'm sure there must be a silly configuration problem and I prefer asking for help here before paying a new full license for a single question.

For months TDS2 worked perfectly, but I had to change it from my old server to a new one. I installed it correctly on the new machine and downloaded the data with no problem. Then I wanted to do my first backtest and...it simply doesn't work. :(

I insert all parameters and when I click on the Start button...nothing happens...at all!!! I'm trying it with the MACD EA included by default at every MT4 platform and doesn't work, so the problem is NOT the EA. I include a screenshot of my configuration:

8xod2p.png

Any suggestion?

Thank you very much in advance.

I have the tick data suite but pay monthly subscription, I don't think the trial version will work (if this is what you have) after a while or if you swap servers, try emailing them on support@eareview.net

They have also been very helpful when I have contacted them.

Regards

I purchased a valid license,it is not a trial version. It worked perfectly until I changed the server. This is why I gess it is related to that detail, but not sure.

Here I am again with a new problem. I can backtest smoothly but I don't know why I can't optimize. An error message saying 'TDS: Unable to write to the FXT cache file. Aborting optimization' appears.

Could someone please tell me how can I fix this? Thank you very much in advance.

Back