Best Time of the Day to Trade

True, usually my take profit is hit during the London and American overlap session most of the times, but however i find the best entry in the asian session.

My case totally different. Entry identified in the early London Session & TP hit during the mid US session or late London session.

Different methods will have different entry and exit times. As long as it works for you and makes money, then it's good.

It is possible to trade most of the time given that you are identifying the signals from the price/charts and no matter what is the time! I read charts and try to find signals as early as possible! Sometimes there are times when no clear signal can be read...

When I have to trade inter day or scalp, I use the entire London session. For inter day I might enter in any trade prior to London session, only 1 or 2 hours before, but for scalping, its only London session.

When I have to trade inter day or scalp, I use the entire London session. For inter day I might enter in any trade prior to London session, only 1 or 2 hours before, but for scalping, its only London session.
based on what you've mentioned, I presume you have a day job that interferes with trading? remove the interference. :D

based on what you've mentioned, I presume you have a day job that interferes with trading? remove the interference. :D

My day job never interferes with my trading. Its just that I don't like to sit in front of charts waiting for a signal on lower time frames. My main method is trade on daily time frames.

It really depends on the system you are using. You have to test your system on a Demo, before you decide which hours are the best for the system you are trading.
It also depends if you have another job and if you have the time to trade in between.

You do not need any graph to determine the best time to trade because there will be movement in London start and then London and US overlap session. So you must have your trades placed before these timings to take advantage of the move.
Just to make a point:
Newbies do not have the luxury of having the necessary experience, hence he is asking the question which is really valid.

Regarding your second sentence, traders can place trades before, during, or after these 'timings', depending on their trading strategy.

I think the best time to trade is whenever you are able to trade. Do not allow trading to control your life, you control when to trade.
It's not about letting trading control your life. It's more about trading at certain times when trading gives a higher chance of profitability.

Back