Binary Options - What are they and how do they work?

GREAT !!!

I have been wandering around the internet about this subject and still have no clear clue.

So far it has given me the insight that there are a TON of brokers offering it, most are from shady places in the world.
People get lured in with HEAVY bonuses, which you cannot take out till you have traded like 15X the amount, so it will take a LONG time before you can really have an advantage about those.
For every new to forex trading, I would recommend to start with a combined platform such as gfmarkets.com. It has 2 platforms- 1 for beginners, and MT5 for advanced, on the website. I guess this would be very useful for everyone in this topic. Good luck with your trades :)

So far I am still trading on forex CFD, there are so many instruments in CFD trading we can choose what preferable one, no intention to trade on binary option, type business is not buying and selling currency, but only bet up or down, regarding fee, in forex EURUSD is most trading pair lowest fee, even get zero spread.

i know there is one binary option broekr where to add external wallet, so u don't risk your funds. is there some other brokers (fx or binary) with the same safety?

i know there is one binary option broekr where to add external wallet, so u don't risk your funds. is there some other brokers (fx or binary) with the same safety?
Risk remains there when funds are already deposited in the trading account, if the funds are still in the wallet, not counted to use funds in trading, so this fund is safe. I think this is common, I use the broker also provides wallets to separate funds.

Even if a broker offered a fully external wallet, they would require full instant access to it. Let's see what they'd do in a typical forex trade.

You try to buy 1 lot of EurUsd. The spread is 1.8, so first the broker has to make sure you have enough money in the wallet and then deducts the $18 dollars of spread.

Price moves down 1/10 pip. Broker takes $1 out of your wallet.

Price moves up 2 pips. Broker puts $2 into your wallet.

So, EVERY price move requires them to directly access your external wallet. If you keep a trade open for a few outs during an active market, you wallet gets hundreds of small transactions. Do you think SaveExteralTradingWallets, Ltd is so nice that they want this to happen on all your trades and all the trades of all other customers without charging some sort of fee?

Also back to step 1 of the procedure - the broker has to check your balance. This it time that will be added before your trade executes. That could easily result in slippage or requotes on your order.

I know someone reading this will say "But the broker could just resolve the difference after the trade closes." Yes, the broker could do that, but would lose vast sums of money? How? Easy.

I and a friend open external wallets and broker accounts. We wait for a day with several big news events. Before news event 1, we open big trades opposite each other. If the news event is boring, price moves little. We close those trades and get ready for the next event. It's BIG. My account is heavily damaged, but the broker hasn't removed my losses yet. I withdraw my cash from the account and just leave the trade hanging there. My friend made a bunch of money. He closes his trade, the broker sends the cash, he withdraws it.

Even without an evil plan like this, someone who has a big trade go hard against them could just pull all of their cash out of the external wallet before the broker pulls the lost money out.

This means that anything short of the broker moving money in and out of the account as price changes puts the broker at risk of clients running off with cash owed to the broker. No sane broker would do this. Some brokers might lie about having all client funds being somehow out of the broker's control. If the broker has no access to client funds, then neither client losses or gains can be dealt with.

Some brokers do offer "segregated accounts." That just means that client money is kept in a bank account (100% under the broker's control) that's clearly set up to ONLY be client funds, not for broker operational funds. Every so often (determined by the broker and/or its regulators) net changes in client equity are moved into or out of that account to keep it very close to equal to current client equity. None of this means the broker can't steal the money. The broker could always just decide that all clients lost all their money. It does mean that if the broker goes out of business, non-clients owed debts by the broker can't file claims against any client money in the segregated account.

I don’t know more than one person who would make money on binary options, I tried to trade myself, but their main problem is that they essentially have a very high commission compared to other trading instruments, which is about 30%. All this makes them uncompetitive in terms of profit. Binary options appeared out of nowhere, and disappeared there, just like fashion.
Probably... I don't know where binary options were disappeared, I still behold some brokers which offer trading binaries and it's not bad as many traders believe. It's just another way to run trading activity, for those ones who either was tired of fx trading and what to try something new, or for all those who just wnat to meet the conditions closer.

Really, there is a bunch of brokers which offer access to binary options and i also once tried to trade them. The mechanism in my opinion is twice simpler than in fx trading, at least I understood everything just within couple of minutes.

A binary option is a type of options contract in which the payout depends entirely on the outcome of a yes/no proposition and typically relates to whether the price of a particular asset will rise above or fall below a specified amount.

Back