• Please try to select the correct prefix when making a new thread in this folder.

Discuss is for general discussions of a financial company or issues related to companies.

Info is for things like "Has anyone heard of Company X?" or "Is Company X legit or not?"

Compare is for things like "Which of these 2 (or more) companies is best?"

Searching is for things like "Help me pick a broker" or "What's the best VPS out there for trading?"

Problem is for reporting an issue with a company. Please don't just scream "CompanyX is a scam!" It is much more useful to say "I can't withdraw my money from Company X" or "Company Y is not honoring their refund guarantee" in the subject line.
    Keep Problem discussions civil and lay out the facts of your case. Your goal should be to get your problem resolved or reported to the regulators, not to see how many insults you can put into the thread.

More info coming soon.

Broker Advice??

4x4Ever

Private, 1st Class
Good Day People! :)

I hope your all well and pip happy today! lol
I am hoping to get some recommendations from any of you fine FPA members on a good broker choice. Over the past couple of months I have tried so many different brokers and the only thing I've learned is there is no such thing as the perfect broker! lol Which is all too obvious if you scroll through the list of brokers and reviews here on the FPA. Even the highest rated brokers have a bunch of negative comments. Any how I hope some of you can help me narrow down my decisions with your recommendations. Here's a list of what I have found I absolutely need from a broker:

1) Must have decent spreads (preferably fixed)
2) Must allow all of the following: Execution of any and all EAs, Hedging, Scalping, News Trading
3) Must have fast execution with NO or very very few requotes (preferably direct to market no inbetween mumble jumble;)
4) Must have MT4/5 trading platforms available as well as a full featured iPhone app able to monitor, and execute trades as well as manage open positions.
5) Should have access to trade some commodities (ie - gold,silver,oil,gas, & would like to see soft goods, things like soya... coffee, sugar, etc.. Most my experience and knowledge comes from trading commodities)
6) Extra points given to brokers that accept Amex credit cards as funding options. (haven't seen to much of this but bank wire and mastercard are also acceptable options just not preferred)
**Must be as described above and allow for opening such an account with a min. of $2000USD or less**

I might be forgetting a few things but that covers most of the must haves and like to haves :eek:) Thanks in advance for any help you can give me. I'm just getting tired of trying out all these different brokers demos and having them fall short. Yes I am picky when it comes to playing with my hard earned cash haha

Also note I have an account with FXCM Micro which I like very much but I'm sitting on the fence as to opening a standard account with FXCM mainly because their iPhone app sucks A** No offence but its pathetic. I am very busy and I am on the go all the time so this feature is an absolute must.

Have a great day and Happy Pip'n!!
Thanks as well to all you fine ppl that make this site the greatest place on earth! I appreciate all you do.

~Markus

FYI I have already made my decision and I'm going with AVA FX for my broker. All setup and ready to trade and a $750 bonus to boot! ;o)
I really like the fact that they have a bunch of soft commodities I can trade as well and a decent iPhone app! :eek:) I'll keep you posted with my results. Have a great day and happy PIP'n!

~Markus

"To continue doing the same thing over and over expecting different results, is simply insane."

Hey 4xforever, after reading your post on avafx, i looked into them and they seem legit. How are you making out with e.g platform, customer service? Trading commodities is a must for me also

4x4Ever, so it’s AVA FX for you; yah! Ok, I am still looking around for one more reasonably decent broker and would very much appreciate if you keep me updated on this broker.
I don't like their 1:200 leverage limit, but I might sign up for a Demo to try out their platform.

I hope no IB from AVA FX comes into this site and start some stomach churning praises on how great and wonderful AVA FX is. : )

Im not trying to be a dick man, your "how to find a broker" can be quite helpful. After reading it you have some really good points. peace

I'm not 100% sure of the reasons (regulatory or just the cold climate ;) ), but overall, Canada seems to be under-represented in the broker department compared to many other countries.

The FSA in the UK makes it hard for US citizens to get accounts with many (not all) UK brokers. Since you guys on the north side of the border skipped out on that unpleasantness in the 1770's, they are quite a bit more accommodating to you.

Thus, I'd recommend that Canadians give UK-based FSA-regulated brokers a look. No regulator is perfect, but the FSA (and FOS) give traders a lot more protection than some of those Caribbean virtual offices that a lot of bucketshops use to try to pretend they are regulated.

Back