• Please try to select the correct prefix when making a new thread in this folder.

Discuss is for general discussions of a financial company or issues related to companies.

Info is for things like "Has anyone heard of Company X?" or "Is Company X legit or not?"

Compare is for things like "Which of these 2 (or more) companies is best?"

Searching is for things like "Help me pick a broker" or "What's the best VPS out there for trading?"

Problem is for reporting an issue with a company. Please don't just scream "CompanyX is a scam!" It is much more useful to say "I can't withdraw my money from Company X" or "Company Y is not honoring their refund guarantee" in the subject line.
    Keep Problem discussions civil and lay out the facts of your case. Your goal should be to get your problem resolved or reported to the regulators, not to see how many insults you can put into the thread.

More info coming soon.

Problem CHARTER AND MAY

I am having an issue with a company
Status
Not open for further replies.
I was contacted by this company, as a previous victim of fraud I now approach any cold call as a potential fraud so I carried out a lot of research into this company including organizing an in-person meeting with 2 representatives in their claimed HQ in The Gherkin. My conclusion is that they are at best a dodgy company who lies about pretty much everything in their marketing claims, but much more likely they are a scam outfit. They claim to have "Decades of Experience" "1,000+ professionals in 13 countries", "14 offices in 13 countries", "Saved clients £170million in tax" etc. etc. However the reality is: 1) The company was set up approx. 1 year ago with 1 director and a correspondence address in Morecambe 2) The history of current/previous directors is hundreds of now defunct companies 3) None of the contacts have any social media presence (LinkedIn, Facebook, Instagram, Twitter etc.) 4) Their presence in The Gherkin is one room in a Regus work place 5) They were clearly uncomfortable and had no answer when I quizzed them about the 1,000+ employees, individual social media presence etc. 6) Their website could be cobbled together very quickly by any web designer 7) Their brochure and website are riddled with grammar and spelling issues. I could go on but that's enough for now ...

I was contacted by this Co. and sent a brochure. THEN I started researching them!!!
Very interesting research from ?? after visiting their office. They don't claim to be authorised by FCA, but in any case it is illegal to cold call anyone in this country advocating investments!!!

I have reported them to FCA and Action Fraud. Anyone else who comes across them should contact them as well and get the message out on as many platforms as possible so that hopefully potential investors do the minimum enquiries on this Co!

I was contacted by this Co. and sent a brochure. THEN I started researching them!!!
Very interesting research from ?? after visiting their office. They don't claim to be authorised by FCA, but in any case it is illegal to cold call anyone in this country advocating investments!!!

I have reported them to FCA and Action Fraud. Anyone else who comes across them should contact them as well and get the message out on as many platforms as possible so that hopefully potential investors do the minimum enquiries on this Co!
If you are having a serious problem with a company, you should open your own thread in Scam Alerts and give details.

Why your own thread?

1. If the person who started this thread has their issue resolved, this whole thread will be marked as resolved.

2. Your thread can have a link from your review. This makes your issue more visible.

3. Issues can be different. Having your own thread makes it easier to get advice specific to resolving your issue.

Had these guys pestering me for a while. Suspicious as the background noise is obviously not real and some of their sales statements are questionable - IHT rates going up? - its not going to happen.

I'm not saying they're fake or scammers but with unquoted companies you never know what or who you're getting in to bed with unless you do a lot of due diligence. There's no need to lie unnecessarily - why not say you're a new company fresh to make an impact. Thanks to posters on here I won't be investing.

Good to know about them - I've seen so many posts about people being scammed recently. Thanks for spreading awareness and hopefully this post will help others avoid them.

I have been cold called by them. Surprised that they have only been registered for a year with one director and with £100 capital. The director is a long way from London, he lives in Southport.

I'm all for baiting out scammers as I've been a victim of an investment scam before (crypto scam, what else, lol) but I feel that throwing around accusations of scam is a bit harsh seeing as I've yet to read of anyone having actually lost money to these. I've spoken with this company previously and was searching them up to do my due dil, even met up with one of their executives and had no issues whatsoever. They actually came up with a decent strategy to help me with my estate planning.
That's just my experience but thought I'd give my 2 cents.

I'm all for baiting out scammers as I've been a victim of an investment scam before (crypto scam, what else, lol) but I feel that throwing around accusations of scam is a bit harsh seeing as I've yet to read of anyone having actually lost money to these. I've spoken with this company previously and was searching them up to do my due dil, even met up with one of their executives and had no issues whatsoever. They actually came up with a decent strategy to help me with my estate planning.
That's just my experience but thought I'd give my 2 cents.
Well said ALASAD. Yes everyone calling them scammers or con artists but not one person with evidence of being scanned or conned.

I sent them £100k for specific EIS investment last year. The EIS tax relief all came through from HMRC. The advice and the outcome was good and completely inline with what they advised would happen. That is a real-life investment with them. They are not regulated by the FCA true, but really not sure what meaningful protection that would have given me. Any GENUINE scams to call out?

I am glad my post stopped them from stealing your money.

The brochure is littered with both lies and misspellings.

These conmen aren't very clever otherwise they would get a legal job in the City. They can't so they have to steal other people's life savings.

Charter and May is quite a sophisticated con because they have invested in serviced offices in at least some of the territories mentioned in the brochure, but my post has meant this money has been wasted.
Please share… who’s life savings got stolen? I sent them 100k, not aware it has been stolen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back