• Please try to select the correct prefix when making a new thread in this folder.

Discuss is for general discussions of a financial company or issues related to companies.

Info is for things like "Has anyone heard of Company X?" or "Is Company X legit or not?"

Compare is for things like "Which of these 2 (or more) companies is best?"

Searching is for things like "Help me pick a broker" or "What's the best VPS out there for trading?"

Problem is for reporting an issue with a company. Please don't just scream "CompanyX is a scam!" It is much more useful to say "I can't withdraw my money from Company X" or "Company Y is not honoring their refund guarantee" in the subject line.
    Keep Problem discussions civil and lay out the facts of your case. Your goal should be to get your problem resolved or reported to the regulators, not to see how many insults you can put into the thread.

More info coming soon.

Problem cpecrypto.com Pig Butchering

I am having an issue with a company
I fell victim to a Cambodian scammer. But I don't know why, but it seems difficult to arrest him. I feel frustrated with this situation.

I fell victim to a Cambodian scammer. But I don't know why, but it seems difficult to arrest him. I feel frustrated with this situation.

Rule 1. Regulators are SLOW.
Rule 2. If you don't give them evidence, police and regulators can't do much at all.

But there's GOOD news. Individual countries and international collaborations between countries are starting to shut down more and more pig slaughter scams. I've just started a list (others can join) of successful arrests and asset seizures against these pig slaughter operations and I still have more to add before I go out looking for new reports. You can see the list here:

Already one group has had over $2 Billion dollars in money and assets seized.

But, remember that this can't happen if regulators and police can't get evidence. Any one tiny detail from victims could be the key to raiding the operation or finding another bank account. This page:

in my book on fighting scams makes finding where to file reports easier. For many agencies, I've added screen-by-screen instructions for filing reports.

Give ALL the details to ALL the appropriate regulators and police to maximize the chances of getting those scammers busted!

Rule 1. Regulators are SLOW.
Rule 2. If you don't give them evidence, police and regulators can't do much at all.

But there's GOOD news. Individual countries and international collaborations between countries are starting to shut down more and more pig slaughter scams. I've just started a list (others can join) of successful arrests and asset seizures against these pig slaughter operations and I still have more to add before I go out looking for new reports. You can see the list here:

Already one group has had over $2 Billion dollars in money and assets seized.

But, remember that this can't happen if regulators and police can't get evidence. Any one tiny detail from victims could be the key to raiding the operation or finding another bank account. This page:

in my book on fighting scams makes finding where to file reports easier. For many agencies, I've added screen-by-screen instructions for filing reports.

Give ALL the details to ALL the appropriate regulators and police to maximize the chances of getting those scammers busted!
I have already submitted scam information to eConsumer.gov and IC3.

Police officers in each country will do their best to make as many arrests as possible, but it is unfortunate that criminals are becoming more capable of committing crimes and the number of victims is increasing. I want to see all criminals who exploit emotions thrown into prison.

Police officers in each country will do their best to make as many arrests as possible, but it is unfortunate that criminals are becoming more capable of committing crimes and the number of victims is increasing. I want to see all criminals who exploit emotions thrown into prison.
These scams are called Pig Butchering and there are many articles available about how they work. Chinese criminals in Cambodia, Laos and Myanmar run these scams. Is there a specific website that you lost money to?

These scams are called Pig Butchering and there are many articles available about how they work. Chinese criminals in Cambodia, Laos and Myanmar run these scams. Is there a specific website that you lost money to?

There is a specific website where I lost money, but now the scammer has shut it down and gone into hiding.

Back