Do you believe in Forex?

I think of the Forex as one of the various tools to diversify investments. Certainly, it can offer great emotions in just one day, something that a stock can only offer in one week, or a commodity in one month...

That thinking only works as long as I accept those pieces of paper you call 'lucre'. See Zimbabwe.

At the point where a currency fails (or even starts to go beyond 'normal' inflation)... you gonna be wishing you had swapped some of those pieces of paper into real (productive) assets!

Further, if you got the brain for forex... then I can only start to imagine some of the other things that you may be capable of. Things that would possibly enrich your life and the lives of everyone around you. Surely that is more worthy than the continual accumulation of pieces of paper?

Give us your suggestions: what you consider valuable assets & what one day won't fail as it was with real estate market or as it is with gold uncertainty now..?

ecg

i get your point. and no, i'm not gonna keep everything in fiat money. i know the drill. ;) furthermore, with the filthy lucre i can set myself up and be ready for the zimbabwe option, or the everything-will-be-fine option.

just want to make the point that financial markets and speculation help companies with the liquidity they provide to hedge and raise capital. since somebody's gotta trade and provide that, i don't see why it shouldn't be me.

of course, if you feel that this is only the pursuit of money for money's sake, and wish to do away with all financial markets and speculators as well because of their 'useless' greed and because therefore they do not produce anything 'tangible', then i guess you should borrow a page from your cousin karl, as in karl marx and see how that worked out.

as long as there are people, there will always be markets and those who will find out how to use them to their benefit thereby helping making said markets more efficient, streamlined, etc etc.... which in the end helps the economy in general when and if they are not totally manipulated and skewed to one side until it all blows up miserably.

but if that can be avoided, i challenge you to show us a better system than this to keep man's folly in check. ;)

That thinking only works as long as I accept those pieces of paper you call 'lucre'. See Zimbabwe.

At the point where a currency fails (or even starts to go beyond 'normal' inflation)... you gonna be wishing you had swapped some of those pieces of paper into real (productive) assets!

Further, if you got the brain for forex... then I can only start to imagine some of the other things that you may be capable of. Things that would possibly enrich your life and the lives of everyone around you. Surely that is more worthy than the continual accumulation of pieces of paper?

Forex pre-dates retail forex, and many of the brokers out there are only loosely connecting traders to any real liquidity providers. All forex accounts under $100,000 could be eliminated tomorrow and the world banking industry would barely notice. So, if someone wants to feel guilty that it's just useless speculation and gambling, there is evidence to support this position.

On the other hand, as one learns more and more, smarter traders get connected to better brokers and become participants in the real markets. Additionally, there are tons of other jobs out there that provide no real benefit to society at large (and some that are inherently harmful), so there's no reason to specifically pick on traders unless you decided that forex trader will be the first of the useless dregs to be exterminated on your glorious path towards a utopian society.

Yes I believe in Forex and I want to earn lot of money from Forex because I know Forex is a ocean of money.

Yes I believe in Forex and I want to earn lot of money from Forex because I know Forex is a ocean of money.

How would you describe this ocean? Is it Pacific or is it Atlantic? Does it has Bermuda Triangle(s)? What kind of boat do you need? Maybe submarine?

Please elaborate, sir!

LOL bermuda triangle and you need 2 subs! the tricky part is how you transfer yourself to the 2nd sub when the 1st one is sinking and you are still 2,000 feet underwater. ;)

Interesting to read about people's beliefs. At the end of the day, it doesn't really matter whether you believe in FX or not as long as you are making money.
A combination of skills, psych and capital is all you need and your results will determine your believe.

GOR!

LOL bermuda triangle and you need 2 subs! the tricky part is how you transfer yourself to the 2nd sub when the 1st one is sinking and you are still 2,000 feet underwater. ;)

Remember: you always should consider the depth to which you are ready to go down, the length/area of the submarine and how many submarines are in the dock.. regarding how you should transfer yourself.. well, I wouldn't suggest doing it on your own and use either outsource labor or robots. Otherwise you will need a lot of oxygen tanks & scuba diving suit.

Back