Do you face slippage issues while placing the order?

Slippages is a common thing when a trader uses market orders which considered to be one of the orders type that are used to enter or exit a position. Often, to reduce and avoid slippages traders used limit orders instead of market ones. Everything because limit order only fills at the price that you want or better. Unlike a market order it won't fill at the worse price. Hence by using limit order your will avoid slippages. The downfall of a limit order is that it only works if the stock reaches the limit you set and if there is a supply of the stock at the time it reaches your price. That's all.

Do you face slippage issues while placing the order? Any solutions how can slippage be avoided?
When the market moves fast, slippage usually takes place. I often face this. If the market is slow, it does not usually happen. I trade on breakout strategy. The market seems to move with high liquidity just after a breakout. Thus, it is a common thing that I face.

Slippages to happen while trading real money, you cannot get rid of them, unfortunately, especially during the periods of high volatility. Much depends on broker and the speed of making orders, so, if you are tired of slippages, may be you should just change your broker.

We all do when its a highly volatile price move but in general my order is filled pretty much at the price I ask. If it's happening during quieter times maybe you should check with your broker

It possible to face slippage during high volatility market, I think to minimize risk due to slippage avoid trading in a highly volatile market like as during news, is safe rather than use market order, or use limit order to get the best price.

I have unfortunately but it's a liquidity issue and when volatility is been experienced.
Maybe avoiding high impact news might help

Depending on the lot sizes you use it might be hard to avoid. Outside of that, try and avoid high volatility periods such as high impact news etc.

Slippages are a common thing which happens to traders when they operate with real money. The reasons for slippages can be numerous. First of all, it can be connected with your broker. Some of the brokers can offer only slow speed of connection to their services which makes the information about the prices a little bit outdated. So, the first thing you've got to check is the connection to the service. Another reason for slippages can be the time of high volatility on the market. It may happen after some huge fundamental events or publishing of some news. In this situation the slippages are very often. Finally, the reason can be the lot size that you trade. If you trade with huge ots, slippages have all the chances to take place in your trading.

Back