Email of the Month - July 2009

AsstModerator

FPA Forums and Reviews Admin
I didn't get any really good questions this month. There were a lot of emails, but none of them that stood out as something to share with the whole membership. Then FPA member BlueMental saved me. He sent me a copy of his exchange of emails with a metals trading company. They claimed on their website to have MT4 demos. The emails they exchanged were just too good not to share.

Everything below is from BlueMental and the company representative with the stuck caps lock key called CHARLES.

Thanks Blue!!!

This is their website link :- http://www.ciibbs.com/demo_account.aspx

They are really professional (allcaps included).....uuhhhhmmm perhaps I am being sarcastic.

2009/7/29 Charles Zies <chuck@ciibbs.com>

HELLO INTERESTED INVESTOR,

MY NAME IS CHARLES AND I'M CONTACTING YOU ON BEHALF OF CERTIFIED INC. INTERNATIONAL BULLION BROKERS. YOU RECENTLY VIEWED OUR WEBSITE AND REQUESTED SOME INFORMATION ON THE PRECIOUS METALS. I DID NOT RECEIVE A WORKING PHONE NUMBER FROM YOU. IF YOU ARE STILL INTERESTED IN THIS TYPE OF INVESTMENT OR IF YOU WANT MORE INFORMATION, PLEASE RESPOND TO THIS EMAIL OR CALL ME AT 888-300-5775 EXT. 1016.

REGARDS,

CHARLES

To: Charles Zies
Sent: Wednesday, July 29, 2009 11:27 AM
Subject: Re: PRECIOUS METALS

Hi Charles.
I appologise for not putting the country code on my phone number.

I am currently only trading Forex, but I am interested in trading in futures as well.

There are several companies that deal with futures, but my indicators that I use, as well as (if I get them right) EA's only work with MT4.

I found your company by mistake actually. A while ago (before I was interested in futures. I downloaded MT4 from MetaQuotes, and it happened to be your company as the Demo (Metaquotes randomly chooses it's broker clients when the demo is downloaded)

I noticed you had gold/silver and sp500 etc. but at that stage I was only focusing on currency trades.

I tried to reinstall the demo so I could learn what differences there are between futures and FX, but it would not allow an account to open.

I will not lie to you, I do plan to trade futures, but definately not for at least a year.

I prefer to have at least demo experience before risking real money.

So I tried to open a demo on your website, thinking perhaps I get an email with a password, but since I live in South Africa, and the application form doesnt allow a choice of country. It gets stuck there because I can not fill in the state and zip code for my country.

So in essence I would like, if possible to open a demo account.

More importantly, I would like to know if you are brokering the gold as futures or as cfd's.

Thanking you kindly.

2009/7/29 Charles Zies <chuck@ciibbs.com>

WE BUY THE PHYSICALS OUT OF LONDON. WE CAN BUY OR SELL WITH A PHONE CALL. WE CAN ALSO DO LEVERAGE (4-1). OUR PROGRAM OPERATES LIKE FUTURES, BUT WE HOLD THE PHYSICALS AND THERE IS NO EXPIRATION DATE. MUCH SAFER AND WE CAN SIT ON THE METAL FOR AS LONG OR AS SHORT AS YOU LIKE.

Sent: Wednesday, July 29, 2009 2:10 PM

Ok, that is great. Could you assist to get my demo working? So I can get familiar with the trading habits of the metals.

2009/7/30 Charles Zies <chuck@ciibbs.com>

WE NO LONGER OFFER THE DEMO ACCOUNTS. HOWARD MILLER WOULD BE GIVING YOU HIS TRADE RECOMMENDATIONS. YOU REALLY DON'T NEED TO KNOW THE HABITS OF THE METALS. HOWARD HAD BEEN A BROKER SINCE 1980. HE WRITES A MARKET UPDATE TWICE A DAY. I'M GOING TO START GETTING THOSE EMAILS OUT TO YOU.

Sent: Thursday, July 30, 2009 12:15 PM

Next time when Someone asks for a demo, instead of wasting all the time and energy, just tell them you don't do demo's.

I do not trade on other peoples recomendations. If I do not know what I am looking at I do not deal with it, and we will most definately not be doing any business in the future.
Thank You.

from Charles Zies <chuck@ciibbs.com>
date 30 July 2009 18:49
subject Re: PRECIOUS METALS

Follow up message
THE MAJORITY OF FURTURES TRADERS LOSE, MAYBE SOMEONE SHOULD TRADE FOR YOU.

Wow! I do not think any of us heard something like that before! This communication record is a huge heads up for all traders about this firm!
Traders, make sure you investigate a firm before trusting them with your funds! That's why FPA and their supporters are here - To Help You!

Oooohhhh... can I sign up for an account with these guys? They'll even tell me how to trade. ;)

Something's not right. Clients are buying and selling, possibly with very short term trades, and these guys claim to be holding physical metal for it? Do they keep enough on hand if all their clients buy as much as they can at maximum leverage at the same time?

Where do brokers like this come from? Someone must be falling for these lame attempts at to lure customers in to keep them in business.

waste of time

just sounds like confusion to me. they used to offer MT4 with indices and commodities, alot like ODL or FXPro, but they don't anymore. So he is talking to a sales man, who is probably earning a commission to sell, he is trying to make something out of the lead. I don't see how this post is of particular interest or requires the attention of the monthly FPA newsletter. I guess it was a slow month.

Also if you are going to trade futures, I recommend you get a real futures account with a futures broker connected to a regulated exchange. Those CFD's based on the futures give the broker the chance to play tricks. Still perhaps you just want to run your EA's on other markets. I have found the tools for automated trading to be much better on tools like NinjaTrader or StrategyRunner, MT4 really is a child's toy, which is perfect for newbies.

me too!

I have a friend that trades since 1967, just transfer your money to his accout and relaxxx hahahah HOW DODGY WAS THAT? Come on that was too much...Mr. Blue was too soft with those guys. :D

Blue Soft Too True

The only reason Blue was soft, was because all he actually wanted was like I said to them right in the beginning..... the demo!

I am vaguely interested in futures, but since I know zero about them, I figured I could use the demo to figure out more how the whole futures scene works.

The reason I was soft is quite simple, why should I bother wasting my energy on turning rocks into water.

A quote that describes CHARLES well is this, 'A man that does not read has absolutely no greater advantage than a man that can not read.'

BlueMental

What Blue asking is straightforward question, a demoing with that company. Instead they just redirect Blue's answer by suggesting someone will take care of his trade if he open an account even Blue without any experience with futures market. This firm is really suspicious.

This has given me an idea for a business. It is true that many traders lose money. So my plan is for people to send me the money the would have traded with and I keep it. This saves them all the trouble and anxiety of actually trading and watching the losses building up. I wouldn't even charge a fee.

Any takers?
:D :D :D

Great idea! In case your account will spill over, which is most likely to happen, I generously offer my accont to accomodate the surplus!

Happy collecting :D:D:D - Stony

I don't see how this post is of particular interest or requires the attention of the monthly FPA newsletter. I guess it was a slow month.
Are you serious yurps?

This was an excellent choice. It is soooooo simple it is easy for beginners to fall for it.

This is the classic kind of garbage that ignorant, naive, plain folk fall for and get hustled by all the time. Hey, you have won the $100,000,000.00 Australian Lottery...now all we need is $5000 to pay the taxes and fees and we can transfer your lottery winnings to you. Hey thanks for the $5000 but we miscalculated the taxes and will need another $7000 to effect transfer. So on and so on. Ridiculous? Sure! But year after year hundreds of people fall for that even though it has been covered in the news repeatedly.

Sometimes, the smallest...simplest details are what matter most!

Look at Madoff. The SEC "supposedly" did its job and investigated him. A simple look at his files shows he did not do a single, legitimate trade of any kind for 13 years!!!!! No records. No proof. No trades for 13 years. Not small or insignificant by any means, yet an obvious and simple RED FLAG that was ignored. Even more silly is the fact that he was supposed to be making TRADES and managing TRADING accounts for people!!! lol AMAZING!

Sometimes, the small things matter most.

Last edited:
Back