fear or emotional reactions

The worse experience I had was with Gold, I was swing trading and it coincided with two major news and Gold dropped 131 pips in one minutes and I didn't have a stop loss. It was terrible. I took a break from everything for some time.
A bad experience can be an important lesson on the path to success.

Fear and emotional reactions are common challenges that traders face, often leading to irrational decision-making and poor trading outcomes. Recognizing and managing these emotions is crucial for successful trading. Strategies for dealing with fear and emotional reactions include maintaining a disciplined trading plan, practicing mindfulness and emotional awareness, using risk management techniques such as stop-loss orders, and taking breaks to regain perspective during periods of heightened stress.

Depends on the amount of emotion we are talking about. Usually having hobbies and having rules when you are trading can help with losses but there are some losses that can be very impactful. On such occurrences, I tend to take a small or big break from trading. You need a clear mind when you are trading, otherwise your emotions will cloud your judgment and make you impatient resulting in even more losses.

Back