fear or emotional reactions

Lol, vengeance trading. That sounds familiar.
I mean revenge trading is the worst evidence of losing the control over emotions, because it apparently leads to nowhere, and the example of your friend only doubly evidences that.
It's interesting to me what has happened to him after that... Did he get back to trading again? As some traders take a break and then make a great come back as they had a chance to think and work on their mistakes. But some of them, unfortunately, never come back..,

I mean revenge trading is the worst evidence of losing the control over emotions, because it apparently leads to nowhere, and the example of your friend only doubly evidences that.
It's interesting to me what has happened to him after that... Did he get back to trading again? As some traders take a break and then make a great come back as they had a chance to think and work on their mistakes. But some of them, unfortunately, never come back..,
Haha, sounds like he was playing a real-life game of "Trade Wars: Revenge of the Emotional Investor"!

Trading to pay rent is not a good idea. I lost funds that I was meant to grow to pay rent. I think
putting pressure on yourself creates worse out comes

Fear and emotional reactions can significantly impact trading decisions, often leading to poor outcomes. When fear takes over, traders may hesitate to enter or exit trades, miss out on opportunities, or hold losing positions for too long. Emotional reactions can cloud judgment, leading to impulsive actions that deviate from the trading plan. Overcoming fear and managing emotions through discipline, mindfulness, and risk management techniques are essential for maintaining a rational approach to trading and achieving long-term success.

Indeed, it wasn't merely discipline that aided me. It was making a firm decision to have a strategy, and a plan, and to follow it regardless of the circumstances. This approach made a significant difference.

Fear and emotional reactions can significantly impact trading decisions, often leading to poor outcomes. Effective ways to manage these emotions include practicing mindfulness and self-awareness techniques, such as deep breathing or meditation, to stay calm and focused during trading. Additionally, having a well-defined trading plan with clear entry and exit criteria, along with disciplined risk management strategies, can help mitigate the influence of fear and emotional reactions on trading decisions.

here is a story, ill try to get the details as accurate as possible but its been years now, on of my unforgettable loses was around 500-600 usd in a span of 15 minutes due to misread on some nfp release this was like back in 2013-2014, it blew my hfm(formarly hotforex) account, it was devastating for a fresh grad student with not much in the bank, high leverage with no stop lose is a mistake a costly mistake for someone who did not have much back then haha. i took a couple of weeks off then just went back to it starting small again and learning from it. with time u tend to get immune or more like normalize such loses and it becomes easier to make decision and not being affected be fear. the key here is experience.

I can't really recall an instance when I actually overcame it, still dealing with this problem.

Practice and learn to control your emotions, bring some discipline and focus on your strengths. I believe you will soon overcome this.

The worse experience I had was with Gold, I was swing trading and it coincided with two major news and Gold dropped 131 pips in one minutes and I didn't have a stop loss. It was terrible. I took a break from everything for some time.

Back