fear or emotional reactions

when i was a amateur it happened a lot
i could not manage my emotion and it could hurt my trades, i don't know why but at that time i felt like they are not necessary
after that i get to know about their importance and how they can stop me from opening a trade that i thought can be a profitable one (fear) and also how gear could jump me in a trade that i wasnt ready and did not analyze it
so you can master them all just by making your trading plan stornger

I think that each trader really encountered such situations when they couldn't deal with themselves and made silly mistakes just because of the fear or emotional opheveals, it seems to be a typical situation for those who started to understand that they are forced to sacrifice their money. Especially knowing that all traders from every corner of the world state about riskiness of this business.
I also had such situations, and the only thing that has helped me - education. I started to immerse into psychology and realize how this or that defensive mechanism works. It has helped me not to bother a lot whenever I open the chart and start analyzing pairs.

I think that each trader really encountered such situations when they couldn't deal with themselves and made silly mistakes just because of the fear or emotional opheveals, it seems to be a typical situation for those who started to understand that they are forced to sacrifice their money. Especially knowing that all traders from every corner of the world state about riskiness of this business.
I also had such situations, and the only thing that has helped me - education. I started to immerse into psychology and realize how this or that defensive mechanism works. It has helped me not to bother a lot whenever I open the chart and start analyzing pairs.
Exactly.

Could you share a personal experience when fear or emotional reactions affected your trading, and how did you overcome it or learn from it?
Certainly. There was a time when a sudden market move triggered fear, and I impulsively closed a winning position prematurely. The fear of losing profits got the better of me. To overcome this, I implemented a rule to pause and breathe before making quick decisions. Developing discipline and sticking to a predefined strategy helped me manage emotions better and avoid impulsive actions.

I recall a friend of mine Losing 10k in a scalping situation, completely his fault if I'm honest. now you would think he stopped there but no he went on a bit of a frenzy and ended up with another 10k lost to vengeance trading. The only thing we could do for him was to keep him away from trading for a whole year and had him read a few books to help with disengaging his feelings from his "hobby" which is trading.

I remember many instances when fear and emotions got the better of me. I made decisions that I would never make in a calm and normal mental state, and closing my trades prematurely was definitely the one thing that was emboldened in my mind and caused me serious losses here and there. But I also learned to never go so big on anything that it would cause me so much stress and would influence me into making moves that I normally wouldn't.

Certainly. There was a time when a sudden market move triggered fear, and I impulsively closed a winning position prematurely. The fear of losing profits got the better of me. To overcome this, I implemented a rule to pause and breathe before making quick decisions. Developing discipline and sticking to a predefined strategy helped me manage emotions better and avoid impulsive actions.
I completely get where you're coming from! It's crazy how just taking a second to breathe can make such a big difference in trading. Sticking to the plan and keeping it cool is not easy at all, but it sounds like you've got it down! amazing!

I remember many instances when fear and emotions got the better of me. I made decisions that I would never make in a calm and normal mental state, and closing my trades prematurely was definitely the one thing that was emboldened in my mind and caused me serious losses here and there. But I also learned to never go so big on anything that it would cause me so much stress and would influence me into making moves that I normally wouldn't.
I appreciate you being real with your story. Thanks for sharing that with us! It is indeed hard when emotions mess with your trading strategy. Seems like you've learned some great lessons. Keep up the good work!

I recall a friend of mine Losing 10k in a scalping situation, completely his fault if I'm honest. now you would think he stopped there but no he went on a bit of a frenzy and ended up with another 10k lost to vengeance trading. The only thing we could do for him was to keep him away from trading for a whole year and had him read a few books to help with disengaging his feelings from his "hobby" which is trading.
And how are his achievements now?

If you know in advance when to quit basically you can't be afraid of taking a position as you already did some mental works to accept the loss. It's why stop loss is so important and it should be explained by some cancellation scenario.

Back