Future of Forex?

Hello Forex Peace Army.

Let me first say I am delighted to be a part of the forces of light in a world of seeming darkness. I am an economics student and have enjoyed researching forex and international economics.

That being said I have read some disturbing news recently: that forex trading is going to be replaced by computers. Is this a threat to human traders? I understand the purpose is to save money, reduce externalities and make the IMS more efficient but it put a serious damper on my day. Will this role still be available in the future? Are we fighting a loosing battle?

Automation is taking over many industries. Makes sense, it cost less, you do not have to pay a machine. Will it take over forex? Will there be room for us traders? I know that automation will come over a period of years. I just hope to be trading for the next 60+ years.
http://mobile.bloomberg.com/news/20...g-extinction-as-computers-replace-humans.html
forex will always be a market

Forex is going to live forever, I think. And truth be told, any kind of markets are going to be around for a while since people always want to sell/buy :)

Hello Forex Peace Army.

Let me first say I am delighted to be a part of the forces of light in a world of seeming darkness. I am an economics student and have enjoyed researching forex and international economics.

That being said I have read some disturbing news recently: that forex trading is going to be replaced by computers. Is this a threat to human traders? I understand the purpose is to save money, reduce externalities and make the IMS more efficient but it put a serious damper on my day. Will this role still be available in the future? Are we fighting a loosing battle?

Automation is taking over many industries. Makes sense, it cost less, you do not have to pay a machine. Will it take over forex? Will there be room for us traders? I know that automation will come over a period of years. I just hope to be trading for the next 60+ years.
http://mobile.bloomberg.com/news/20...g-extinction-as-computers-replace-humans.html
Certainly hope not, this is my future

Automation has long forced traders out of the pit. These are today's realities. Will survive is not the strongest, but the most adapted. Need to adapt.

the markets are certainly here to stay. but they will be forever changing in its environment. so always sharpen your tools you trade with to keep up with the changing conditions

As long as money is around people will trade it. Automation and AI will change the game but it will be slight at a time. As long as you keep educating then you will stay on top

Back