• Please try to select the correct prefix when making a new thread in this folder.

Discuss is for general discussions of a financial company or issues related to companies.

Info is for things like "Has anyone heard of Company X?" or "Is Company X legit or not?"

Compare is for things like "Which of these 2 (or more) companies is best?"

Searching is for things like "Help me pick a broker" or "What's the best VPS out there for trading?"

Problem is for reporting an issue with a company. Please don't just scream "CompanyX is a scam!" It is much more useful to say "I can't withdraw my money from Company X" or "Company Y is not honoring their refund guarantee" in the subject line.
    Keep Problem discussions civil and lay out the facts of your case. Your goal should be to get your problem resolved or reported to the regulators, not to see how many insults you can put into the thread.

More info coming soon.

Intensive Review Genetic Builder Intensive Review

Long and detailed review proocesses. Ask AsstModerator if you want to leave one.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Let me amend my filter request a little. Add it to the automatic dismissal from the build rules. That way I wouldn't even have to bother looking at strats with low stability, etc.

I'm currently trimming unacceptable results out of another multi-day run while it's still going. What I get out of this one, plus my prior ones will give me plenty to work with retesting on other data sets and playing with the strategy optimizations.

Hi Pharaoh,

I have a gift for everybody. I'm publishing EURUSD strategy from my Portfolio 1 with complete source code for free here.
The strategy is based on ADX, and it is very robust because it works also on other timeframes and even on other currencies (other ADX period or SL/PT values should be probably used).

As for the feature of filtering results, it will be solved in a better way in the next version.

Awesome! Thanks, I'm looking forward to testing it. Following your Genetic Builder with great interest. I've used the Forex Strategy Generator often, but it's very hard to generate strategies without curve fitting. Do you have any specials upcoming on Genetic Builder?

Over 100,000 strategies processed. Now I just have to dig through the top 1200. This might take a day or two. :D

Awesome! Thanks, I'm looking forward to testing it. Following your Genetic Builder with great interest. I've used the Forex Strategy Generator often, but it's very hard to generate strategies without curve fitting. Do you have any specials upcoming on Genetic Builder?

yes, there will be a new major version of Genetic Builder released by the end of April that will add many advanced features, such as better results filtering (as per Pharaoh request), support for custom indicators, support for tick data and many smaller improvements.

Assigning an initial account balance (5k or 10k) might fix some of those infinite drawdown calculations. Then adding a "delete all strategies that have a margin call" could be added to the filters.

I've been buried in other work lately (hamster smuggling is a very time consuming occupation). As soon as I've got a free moment, I'm going to retest some of my best EAs on bigger data sets and also play with optimizing them.

All I was going to do was test Mark's EA. But I can't help myself, I'm far too intriguied by Genetic Builder. So, I've started a blog to document my experience with the software. Pharaoh is doing a great job here of course. My trial is not nearly as technical. I'm really just looking at general usability.

EvolutionFX

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back