• Please try to select the correct prefix when making a new thread in this folder.

Discuss is for general discussions of a financial company or issues related to companies.

Info is for things like "Has anyone heard of Company X?" or "Is Company X legit or not?"

Compare is for things like "Which of these 2 (or more) companies is best?"

Searching is for things like "Help me pick a broker" or "What's the best VPS out there for trading?"

Problem is for reporting an issue with a company. Please don't just scream "CompanyX is a scam!" It is much more useful to say "I can't withdraw my money from Company X" or "Company Y is not honoring their refund guarantee" in the subject line.
    Keep Problem discussions civil and lay out the facts of your case. Your goal should be to get your problem resolved or reported to the regulators, not to see how many insults you can put into the thread.

More info coming soon.

I am having an issue with a company
Barnett,

Why the hostility and attitude? Pharaoh and most of the long time posters here are very interested in these EA's and what is and isnt currently working. Many of these EA's, this one included, have a long history of problems, complaints, and claims of theft.

If this has honestly run well for you, my questions are: How long have you been running it, and at what risk level?

Its easy to make what appears to be a lot of money quickly by taking large risks and being lucky, however over time most of these EA's will give it all back and more. If you've been running this EA, or any EA, for over 6 months with consistant success I'm sure we would all be interested, but this EA does have a bad reputation as a scam, and when you come online with a brand new account making large claims with no verifiable proof and a bad attitude, it does make you kind of questionable.

Barnet did send me a statement of an account in PDF format.
I asked him some further questions, but never answered my emails.

It is so easy to fake a statement! I just faked one in 60 seconds. Take a look at the attachment.

If I spend some more minutes, I could turn it into a million dollar account with 100% winning trades!

In case of checking EAs performance, the only way I would believe that that is the actual trading performance of an EA is the FPA performance test lab.

A good example is the following:

A few days ago, some account manager asks for a volume producing EA and he gets this answer:
https://www.forexpeacearmy.com/fore...s-competitions/14791-volume-producing-ea.html

Look at the website of this EA:
Best Forex Robot & Expert Advisor | Forex Manage Account

And they even have a third party live statement publisher:

MT4i - Statement for ea-prof

But look at the results of the FPA performance test:

EA-PROF Metatrader Expert Adviser Demo Test by Forex Peace Army

This EA wiped a $5000 account within a week!!!!

And the EA you are talking about has already proven to be a Scam, in the scene that it is an illegal copy of another EA.

All those facts make us really doubt about some new members and their postings.

And please pay attention to your attitude. Pharaoh has helped a lot of members with their problems and he deserves to be respected for his efforts.

Attachments

• Statement.pdf
    57.4 KB · Views: 12
I wonder if "barnettp60" will ever come back, or will we get some brand new person jumping in to defend this thing.

Here's a simple rule: Anyone foaming at the mouth about all the profits they are getting from something should be willing to share the investor access password to a live account that's been trading for at least a few months. Otherwise, there's about a 98% chance that they aren't really using the product to trade.

In a case where the product is already a scam, I'd change those odds to 99.999999% chance that the person posting is working for the company selling the scam software.

How safe is it to give out account numbers and investor passwords to live accounts? I've never been comfortable with this. Demo account, no problem, but I wouldnt want to reveal my live account number on a forum where there is the potential for any number of hackers to try to gain access.

Hi Ken,

Unless the broker randomizes account numbers instead of handing them out in sequence, the hackers already have an idea of the range of live account numbers.

Make sure that your real password is strong. You can also ask your broker's security department if they have a way to block live login attempts by country. At least that would limit you to domestic hackers.

If you still don't want to publicly post it, upload your data to 2 or 3 of the MT4 stats sharing sites. Some of these sites are better than others at presenting the true picture of what's going on in an account, so showing the same results from the same account across several of them would increase my confidence some. If you own the system, sign up for performance testing at the FPA. They can cover the name and account number if it's requested.

If you've got the world's greatest system that's dumping thousands and thousands of dollars onto you (like our buddy barnettp60 claims), just open one special live account starting with $1000 and only share the account number and investor password for that one. Since you would hypothetically have several other accounts with a lot more money in them, you wouldn't have to worry about losing one small one. If you are still worried, pull 80% of the profits out at the end of each month.

I'm always amazed at the number of people making wild claims of extreme profit who don't back them up with investor access to a live account. Even more amazing is how they disappear when asked for this Gold Standard is requested.

How would you like to pay for one EA and find that what you get is an overpriced and illegal copy of another commercial EA? Worse, how would you like to pay good money for an EA and find it's an illegal copy of a free EA.

That's what two of the newest EAs on the market seem to be – pirated versions of other EAs. We've seen accusations like this before, but this time there's some very solid evidence to back up the accusations.

Both of these were brought up in a pair of reviews left by Kev from New York. One of our review moderators pointed these out to FPA's AsstModerator, and he contacted the sites that had evidence as well as the original sources of the EAs.

One of these pieces of software is EA-Boss. It seems to be virtually a line-by-line clone of FapTurbo, but costs a lot more (currently $699 vs $149). BestForexEA's site shows just how identical the code is. FapTurbo's abuse team also confirms the code shown is genuine. If you've bought this pirated piece of software, we suggest you to contact Plimus and request a refund immediately.

Hey guys and gals of the FPA. I own Genius EA BOSS and can't complain about it at all. Furthermore, I tested it side-by-side against FAPTurbo and they each generate different results. with Genius EA BOSS closing losing trades at 0.00 in contrast to FAPTurbo which closes losing trades at a loss.

I don't understand at all why you would attack the Genius EA BOSS. OK, they have a website, designed by marketers, not traders which looks like 99% of other marketing sites. But, being a programmer myself, I can vouch for the fact that all Operating Systems, Applications, Windows, Mac, Linux, UNIX and ALL known SOFTWARE IN GENERAL are based on some earlier source codes. More than that, every program necessarily borrows some code from some other program. That's just the nature of it. What makes the software unique is its eventual features and end results it produces. I bet many of you are Mac OS fans. Do you know that APPLE CO borrowed XEROX copy machine code for its first graphical Mac OS which introduced windows and mouse to the public in early 1990s? Do you know that Microsoft has been almost exclusively outsourcing the development of / using the source code for its products from very small totally unknown software companies all over the world? Are Microsoft and Apple scams? I guess because they are so influential, so big and so strong, they are now Gods and no one even dares to think they openly use some geeks' labor of love written in their garages. Do you know that most celebrities hire financially struggling writers to write books under celebrities' OWN NAMES? Are they scams? No, because they are very famous and popular and no one can fathom their hidden tricks. The list goes on and on - it doesn't end, nor will it ever end...

Are you absolutely certain that FAPTurbo is 100% original and not based on some earlier code libraries already known to a number of EA developers? Both FAPTurbo and EA BOSS are likely based on earlier EA code libraries they simply share. Please see the post #21 in this thread for an excellent code comparison, totally refuting your allegations.

BestForexEA reasearch on EA-Boss

Please scroll to the bottom of that blogpost. Its author has been disgraced right there for very inaccurate claims. In the comments section you will see further proof by a programmer of major code differences between FAPTurbo and Genius EA BOSS:

aulia says:

I am not agree that EA BOSS is an others fabturbo. Some part of this program is correct the same.. but for the EA builder part of script eazy taken from others EA.

For exmaple the script of:
Lotoptimized,
TrailingStop,
Hedging,

And Fabturbo compare with EA Boss use different indicator:
See below for Fabturbo:
bool PrepareIndicators() {
double l_ifractals_20;
g_icustom_1280 = iCustom(NULL, 0, “Alligator”, 13, 8, 8, 5, 5, 3, 0, 0);
g_icustom_1288 = iCustom(NULL, 0, “Alligator”, 13, 8, 8, 5, 5, 3, 1, 0);
g_icustom_1296 = iCustom(NULL, 0, “Alligator”, 13, 8, 8, 5, 5, 3, 2, 0);
l_ifractals_20 = iFractals(NULL, 0, MODE_LOWER, li_4);
if (l_ifractals_20 != 0.0) g_ifractals_1320 = l_ifractals_20;
l_ifractals_20 = iFractals(NULL, 0, MODE_UPPER, li_4);
if (l_ifractals_20 != 0.0) g_ifractals_1328 = l_ifractals_20;

gda_1384[li_4] = iDeMarker(NULL, 0, FapTurbo_aaa, li_4);
gda_1388[li_4] = (-iWPR(NULL, 0, FapTurbo_bbb, li_4 + 1)) / 100.0;
}
g_ima_1336 = iMA(NULL, PERIOD_D1, FapTurbo_PeriodMALarge, 0, FapTurbo_TypeMA_0_3, FapTurbo_PriceMA_0_6, FapTurbo_ShiftMALarge);
g_ima_1344 = iMA(NULL, PERIOD_D1, FapTurbo_PeriodMALarge, 0, FapTurbo_TypeMA_0_3, FapTurbo_PriceMA_0_6, 0);
g_ima_1352 = iMA(NULL, PERIOD_D1, FapTurbo_PeriodMASmall, 0, FapTurbo_TypeMA_0_3, FapTurbo_PriceMA_0_6, FapTurbo_ShiftMASmall);
g_ima_1360 = iMA(NULL, PERIOD_D1, FapTurbo_PeriodMASmall, 0, FapTurbo_TypeMA_0_3, FapTurbo_PriceMA_0_6, 0);
g_ima_1368 = iMA(NULL, PERIOD_D1, FapTurbo_PeriodMALarge, 0, FapTurbo_TypeMA_0_3, FapTurbo_PriceMA_0_6, FapTurbo_LookForDays + FapTurbo_ShiftMALarge);
g_ima_1376 = iMA(NULL, PERIOD_D1, FapTurbo_PeriodMASmall, 0, FapTurbo_TypeMA_0_3, FapTurbo_PriceMA_0_6, FapTurbo_LookForDays + FapTurbo_ShiftMASmall);

double l_ima_4 = iMA(NULL, PERIOD_D1, FapTurbo_PeriodMALarge, 0, FapTurbo_TypeMA_0_3, FapTurbo_PriceMA_0_6, FapTurbo_ShiftMALarge + ai_0);
double l_ima_12 = iMA(NULL, PERIOD_D1, FapTurbo_PeriodMALarge, 0, FapTurbo_TypeMA_0_3, FapTurbo_PriceMA_0_6, FapTurbo_LookForDays + FapTurbo_ShiftMALarge + ai_0);
double l_ima_20 = iMA(NULL, PERIOD_D1, FapTurbo_PeriodMASmall, 0, FapTurbo_TypeMA_0_3, FapTurbo_PriceMA_0_6, FapTurbo_ShiftMASmall + ai_0);
double l_ima_28 = iMA(NULL, PERIOD_D1, FapTurbo_PeriodMASmall, 0, FapTurbo_TypeMA_0_3, FapTurbo_PriceMA_0_6, FapTurbo_LookForDays + FapTurbo_ShiftMASmall + ai_0);

HideTestIndicators(TRUE);
l_irsi_20 = iRSI(NULL, 0, g_period_768, PRICE_CLOSE, 0);
l_irsi_28 = iRSI(NULL, PERIOD_M1, g_period_776, PRICE_CLOSE, 0);

bool Scalper_CheckSimpleHeightFilter() {
int l_datetime_4;
bool li_0 = FALSE;
if (NormalizeDouble(iHigh(NULL, PERIOD_M15, 1) – iLow(NULL, PERIOD_M15, 1), gi_880) > gd_1220) li_0 = TRUE;
if (NormalizeDouble(iHigh(NULL, PERIOD_M15, 2) – iLow(NULL, PERIOD_M15, 2), gi_880) > gd_1220) li_0 = TRUE;

EA BOSS
HideTestIndicators(TRUE);
double l_irsi_0 = iRSI(NULL, PERIOD_M15, g_period_140, PRICE_CLOSE, 0);
double ld_8 = Ask + 0.0002;
double l_ima_16 = iMA(NULL, PERIOD_M15, g_period_136, 0, MODE_SMA, PRICE_MEDIAN, 1);
double ld_24 = Bid – 0.0002;
double l_irsi_32 = iRSI(NULL, PERIOD_M1, g_period_148, PRICE_CLOSE, 0);

bool BOSS_CheckTrendFilter() {
double ld_4;
double ld_12;
double ld_20;
if (gi_172 <= 0) return (FALSE);
for (int li_0 = 0; li_0 gd_572) break;
}
if (li_0 > gi_176) return (FALSE);
return (TRUE);
}

bool BOSS_CheckBOSSvolaFilter() {
int l_datetime_4;
bool li_0 = FALSE;
if (NormalizeDouble(iHigh(NULL, PERIOD_M15, 1) – iLow(NULL, PERIOD_M15, 1), gi_404) > gd_652) li_0 = TRUE;
if (NormalizeDouble(iHigh(NULL, PERIOD_M15, 2) – iLow(NULL, PERIOD_M15, 2), gi_404) > gd_652) li_0 = TRUE;
if (li_0) {
l_datetime_4 = iTime(NULL, PERIOD_M15, 0);
if (g_datetime_468 != l_datetime_4) {
Print(“Trade is forbidden by the EA BOSS Volatility Filter.”);
g_datetime_468 = l_datetime_4;
}
return (TRUE);
}
return (FALSE);
}

That all for EA boss
Posted on Sep - 16 - 2009 @ 4:33 am

That's just my two cents... Always investigate and research the subject yourself and trust yourself and not some other so-called gurus who assert authority by barking at and biting others.

I think you need to re-read those comments at the link you posted. The guy from BestForex EA admits that there are some differences in the code, but clearly says that the bulk of the code is identical.

If you are really familiar with FAPTubo, you would know that a few small changes to the settings could easily alter the trading pattern. Changing out an indicator (as shown in the comments on that page) would lead to significant differences. This doesn't absolve EA Boss from hijacking Fap Turbo's code. If you took the code from FAP Turbo, made a few changes here and there, and then resold it, you would be guilty of violating international copyright laws.

If you got your copy of EA Boss after this piracy was exposed in 2009, you should also consider that EA Boss may have made more alterations or even completely rewritten the code since then. That wouldn't change what they did back in 2009.

If you think you can really absolve EA Boss of this accusation, take up the issue with the people at FAP Turbo.

Back