How do you handle your losses?

In the very beginning of my trading way it was very difficult for me to handle with losses, because they literally killed me. I thought that I would never gain money again and it would be just a chain of losses. However, I found an exit from this situation. I started to think that it's okay and all traders face losses. I started to suppose that there are some traders who in that particular minute lost much more money than me did. So, this information in my head helped me a lot. Nowadays it's still pretty hard to me to handle losses, but I try to manage my emotions and bad thoughts. Just never give up and try do your best.

Losses are never fun. I think it's important to learn as much as you can from any losses. What went wrong & Why. Answers to these could stop it from happening again. You are never going to be able to trade and make profit on every trade. Losses are part of it. You just need to learn to reset and not keep making the same mistake over and over.

Loss is part of trading, sometimes inevitable, this is a normal process in trading, the important point when get loss is control emotion because emotion is the most enemy that appears from own selves and can lead to make bad decision after loss because they want quickly make recovery, keep trading on the track trading system and strategy.
Totally agree with your words. In my opinion, losses are really considered to be an inevitable part of trading activity. Some traders prefer to take a break from trading, while others continue bringing their mone back. I believe that it's not quite correct, because you have to give your organism particular time to forget about the loss and literally reload itself. It's really like that I think, I personally use the technique which implies a break on couple of hours after I lost particular sum of money and of course the main detail here is to distract from trading. When you will "reload", you can start traing once again without any issues. Emotional trading is the worst thing in trading and it definitely leads to losing all the accumulations.

Take a break after getting loss I think better than continue trading under emotion, as human nature, when losing money actually their heart not willing to lose, take a break and back later will make fresh minds and avoid bad emotion, trading based emotion usually can't keep discipline, whether discipline about trading system, money management, and risk management rules.

i get losses not so often but they are quite big, not so important becasue there are a few month when i get only profit and there are month when only losses, it's ok, just focus on bigger distance

There are different approaches to set stop loss and target profit, there is a trader that uses ration stop-loss bigger than the target, with the reason-giving more room the price hit the target first instead of stop-loss, but there are traders who use stop-loss lower than target profit, the reason is to make account getting more chances to open new trades with use a tight stop loss.

Losses are never fun. I think it's important to learn as much as you can from any losses. What went wrong & Why. Answers to these could stop it from happening again. You are never going to be able to trade and make profit on every trade. Losses are part of it. You just need to learn to reset and not keep making the same mistake over and over.

Very true my mentor once said there aren't losses just lessons. Even if that lesson is that you did all you could and it didn't fall for you on a given day others are more practical but you can learn from each one

Losses are part of the trade, the most important thing is that your gains outweigh your losses. Therefore, develop a method in which you determine precisely when the strategies are no longer profitable and should be removed.

I trade with a simple principle that is losses should be closed in the very beginning before it comes too far. If there losses occurred one by one, so I stop trading and looking for a bug to fix and don’t back to trade before I completely understand the situation

Back