How much do "sharks" make?

DitterPD

Private, 1st Class
I've seen a lot of "simple-folk" trader stories, but how much do "3 and above years" sharks make?

Can it be for them that one month they are in profit and another in loss?

Anyone, even the greatest traders out there, can have a bad month from time to time. Personally, I'm VERY suspicious when I see a track record claiming no losing months ever.

I'm not sure about forex 'sharks' ... but the ones from 'Jaws' made very little! Except the one from Jaws IV... It was such a bad movie that everyone was paid extra! As Michael Caine commented about this enduring classic ... 'I knew it was a bad film... but I needed the money'!

I'm not sure about forex 'sharks' ... but the ones from 'Jaws' made very little! Except the one from Jaws IV... It was such a bad movie that everyone was paid extra! As Michael Caine commented about this enduring classic ... 'I knew it was a bad film... but I needed the money'!

Lol mate. Love the Jaws classic movie.

WTF are you talking about..

Anyone, even the greatest traders out there, can have a bad month from time to time. Personally, I'm VERY suspicious when I see a track record claiming no losing months ever.

It's understandable, but on average, what are the annual profits of the sharks?

It's understandable, but on average, what are the annual profits of the sharks?

That really depends on who you define as a shark. Also, I'd recommend doing the profits as a percentage. One institutional trader might have a $50 million account and another might have $1 billion. I'd be a lot more impressed if the first makes 10 million in an average year than if the second averages 25 million.

One other thing to consider - really big accounts usually play with much lower leverage (10 to 1 or less). After all, what bank or brokerage wants to hire a collection agency if some huge trader gets over-leveraged and ends up with a multimillion dollar negative balance after a gap opening?

That really depends on who you define as a shark. Also, I'd recommend doing the profits as a percentage. One institutional trader might have a $50 million account and another might have $1 billion. I'd be a lot more impressed if the first makes 10 million in an average year than if the second averages 25 million.

One other thing to consider - really big accounts usually play with much lower leverage (10 to 1 or less). After all, what bank or brokerage wants to hire a collection agency if some huge trader gets over-leveraged and ends up with a multimillion dollar negative balance after a gap opening?

If to be specific, then I would be glad to see both: % and amount.

But seeing how popular this thread is, it's either no one wants to share or no one makes profit.

:)

Back