How much money can you make and how long will it take for a beginner?

The point where you start making money depends on many different factors like your educational background, learning and psychology. You should know that making money is always difficult and trading success is connected with much learning and work.

Oh that depends on your balance on your risk management.
How long will it take to be a consistent trader is person dependent.
Also use higher RR it will help mitigate loses and help your trading psychology

Oh that depends on your balance on your risk management.
How long will it take to be a consistent trader is person dependent.
Also use higher RR it will help mitigate loses and help your trading psychology
Yes it is vital to keep control over losses and avoid focusing too much on profits because otherwise it easy to fall into emotional trading.

Hi everyone,

I have no previous trading experience however I plan on educating myself on this website. I am just wondering how long it will take to begin making money, how easy/difficult it might be and how much I can expect to earn etc. Plus any tips that anyone has for a beginner would be greatly appreciated :)

Thanks,

Dan.
I know you want a definite answer to this but it’s not that simple. It’s based on your balance is success rate and your percentage Gains. Risk is inherently tied to success. Risk more and you could gain more, but it’s much more likely you will loose everything.

I know you want a definite answer to this but it’s not that simple. It’s based on your balance is success rate and your percentage Gains. Risk is inherently tied to success. Risk more and you could gain more, but it’s much more likely you will loose everything.
I agree. Focus more on success rate and risk management.

There is no restriction concerning the process of earning money in trading activity actually. You can earn as much as you can, I believe that if you have a proper trading strategy and learnt enough information about trading activity, then you probably can earn lots of money. Speaking about the duration of this process, everything depends on yourself. Some traders can earn lots of money quite fast, without any delays. Nevertheless, you shouldn't be in chase for time. You have to consider trading as a long-lasting activity, because it's really like that. Serious approach and strong intentions will help you.

10 or 20 percent monthly is safe target I guess. Aiming to make more makes your trading unsustainable because it is easy to lose balance when there are large drawdowns.

It is hard to say because the profits and their size depend on your skills and initial budget. If you have desire and ability to learn, you have the chances of making profits within quite tight deadlines. The size of the profits depend on your initial budget and the size of lots that you trade.

Back