• Please try to select the correct prefix when making a new thread in this folder.

Discuss is for general discussions of a financial company or issues related to companies.

Info is for things like "Has anyone heard of Company X?" or "Is Company X legit or not?"

Compare is for things like "Which of these 2 (or more) companies is best?"

Searching is for things like "Help me pick a broker" or "What's the best VPS out there for trading?"

Problem is for reporting an issue with a company. Please don't just scream "CompanyX is a scam!" It is much more useful to say "I can't withdraw my money from Company X" or "Company Y is not honoring their refund guarantee" in the subject line.
    Keep Problem discussions civil and lay out the facts of your case. Your goal should be to get your problem resolved or reported to the regulators, not to see how many insults you can put into the thread.

More info coming soon.

I want advice and solutions for stopping subscribers from cheating

Well - Thank you all - real - All responses were very helpful - we will do that >
Netgold777 : ( PS: Are your signals good enough to steal. Or is this just a cheap way for you to get some advertising ) My Friend - when we want to advertising we will use (Paid advertisement) here in best forex form in the world - but this is real problem friend - Will adopt the solutions that you have provided all
again thanks all

Easy. Take their credit card information with the condition that the credit card will not be charged until the trial period is over. They must give a valid address from the credit card and your CRM should be able to track address dupes easily. The pikers won't give it to you and the ones that are serious will.

You should require a valid credit card to get the free service. I don't know if checking the card makes a charge or not. Even if it does you simply credit it back. So, in affect they could get as many free trials as they have credit cards... but it is a limit.

I think you are trying to get free advertisement . I hope I am wrong. If you know the same person is using different names to scam you you should be able to restrict your service to one email one IP only.

First, make sure you really have as many cheaters as you suspect. Once you catch one or two, it's very easy to get paranoid and assume that anything that even vaguely reminds you of these is a cheater in action. Remember, many of these are clients and potential clients. It's better to let a few scumbags slip under the wire and get another month (or two or three) free than to chase away honest people who are about to sign up for a paid subscription.

Checking IPs is a good step, but as many people have pointed out, people with bad intentions can find ways around this. Just being signed up for internet with a dynamic IP will be enough to let some people bypass IP checks. There's also the issue that a legit user at an internet cafe who decides not to go for a paid subscription could mention the free trial to someone else - who would then show up on the same IP.

Asking for a scanned copy of an ID card won't stop the worst ones, but will shut down many of the more common cheaters.

You mentioned getting phone numbers. Did you call the numbers to see if they are really linked to the people taking the free demo? Yes, it's not hard to get another phone number, but if you don't check, it's even easier to make up a phone number. If you do check, make sure to let people know you will be checking when they sign up. For example, I NEVER give a broker my real number when I sign up for a demo account. I learned this the hard way early on when I did give my real number and got calls pushing me to deposit money NOW.

Taking a token payment of $1 will help. You need to consider whether or not to have this automatically change to a regular paying subscription after the trial period ends or not. Some people will be more hesitant to sign up for the trial if they worry about whether or not they'll be automatically billed. There are a lot of bad stories about companies that do this and then just keep billing.

Where is my last reply ????
I was thanking all - for all Replies
(jon) thank you for your help - and about our signals - no not yet - not benchmarked - we will do that - and we will be happy to pm you

I think you are trying to get free advertisement . I hope I am wrong. If you know the same person is using different names to scam you you should be able to restrict your service to one email one IP only.

MR. 1954 - HOW we do know that ??? Some of these people said that to us - and we can know using another methods - and some of these (Say the wrong way ) In the last week you issued 20 signals - in this week you issued 15 why ???
are you understand me ?? and we have friends and employee can add this people and trying to ask him if he do that or not and we find many

Easy. Take their credit card information with the condition that the credit card will not be charged until the trial period is over. They must give a valid address from the credit card and your CRM should be able to track address dupes easily. The pikers won't give it to you and the ones that are serious will.
very good Solution but if some of they do not have credit card ??

I think you are trying to get free advertisement . I hope I am wrong.

If fx-reco was looking for free advertisement, he went about it in a strange way. He posted a distress message here at the FPA. I have no idea who he is or if his signals are good or not. He didn't ask me to do a mailing to bring it to anyone's attention. I surprised him with the mailing.

There is no single perfect answer. I publicized this thread because I wanted to get ideas on the table to help any forex company facing the same issue.

Back