• Please try to select the correct prefix when making a new thread in this folder.

Discuss is for general discussions of a financial company or issues related to companies.

Info is for things like "Has anyone heard of Company X?" or "Is Company X legit or not?"

Compare is for things like "Which of these 2 (or more) companies is best?"

Searching is for things like "Help me pick a broker" or "What's the best VPS out there for trading?"

Problem is for reporting an issue with a company. Please don't just scream "CompanyX is a scam!" It is much more useful to say "I can't withdraw my money from Company X" or "Company Y is not honoring their refund guarantee" in the subject line.
    Keep Problem discussions civil and lay out the facts of your case. Your goal should be to get your problem resolved or reported to the regulators, not to see how many insults you can put into the thread.

More info coming soon.

Problem IC Markets is a true scammer

I am having an issue with a company
Without NFP or any news, icmarkets used to widen spreads only on pairs the client trades or have open positions for.

At a time they widened it to 45 pips when no other broker widened it, and the biggest disgrace was all other pairs had normal spreads!!!!!

Without NFP or any news, icmarkets used to widen spreads only on pairs the client trades or have open positions for.

At a time they widened it to 45 pips when no other broker widened it, and the biggest disgrace was all other pairs had normal spreads!!!!!

Interesting... just what I suspected when I saw odd things going on for NZD and they would tell me stories about the liquidity lower or something so the spread widens (even when it was not news time). Or how spread would suddenly widen when near TP so it misses by 0.3 pips or something! Damn f***s btw looks like this company makes its money luring people in with "cheap" commission compared to other ECN brokers, and also lying to be "true ECN" when in actual fact they offer Etoro (famous for MM), which is described as "one of their trading platforms?" So nonsensical but its amazing they can keep getting away with it.

That's the exact same excuses icmarkets account manager gave me, they start explaining how liquidity works and its influence on prices as if we just landed from Mars, and they are the teachers hahaha. All that to confuse clients, and cheat them into believing it's not the broker fault!

That's the exact same excuses icmarkets account manager gave me, they start explaining how liquidity works and its influence on prices as if we just landed from Mars, and they are the teachers hahaha. All that to confuse clients, and cheat them into believing it's not the broker fault!

Exactly, and believe it or not there are morons who keep defending and believing them. For example in the SNB debacle, someone got USDCHF 0.05 and IC Markets blames the liquidity provider, but cant explain why ONLY they get that rate, and no other broker? Their forum supporters (possibly the IB and affiliates or their own staff who knows?) will ignore this crucial question and just keep sweeping it under the rug, and keep singing their praises.
If it is indeed the liquidity provider, there should be OTHER brokers quoting the rates too, agreed? But since it doesnt happen, what does that tell you?

BTW, what can I do? IC Markets apparently sent me to the Moscow server (which was sanctioned by US last year and until today I have trouble accessing russian sites since my country followed suit), which is possibly why I kept getting those weird white screen and screen hangs. Is it really my fault? They claimed their servers are in New York, man omg if I knew back then it was Russia I would never have signed up here due to obvious geopolitic reasons.

Who knows if they gonna send you to North Korea servers nextime???

That's the main point you, me and others are trying to make clients understand. All brokers are finding it a great easy excuse to cheat clients by throwing the sentence of SNB decision, black swan, nonsense!!!

The ones defending the brokers are clearly paid for that, anyone can ask themselves why a guy would post good in brokers favor???

Many brokers proved to be market makers, no liquidity providers, the ones who are real ECN failed to close orders and respect their policies because of failure in their systems, what's my and all clients fault if brokers had bad system connection with liquidity proviers, why must we pay for that!?!!

Russia North korea Afghanistan servers not the client concern or fault, scammer icmarkets responsible of its mt4 platform prices, if they really have liquidity providers after claiming to be ECN, then they must have same prices on all servers since it must all be in direct access to market.

Funny then if i live in UK, another in australia, new zealand, slovakia, iceland, argentina, germany etc each gets different prices from icmarkets!!!!??

Or, if i live in different locations, i get different prices on the run!!!

Actually that is my main worry too. So if I am on the move nextime and access from different IP, I am sent to different server with different prices? Makes no sense. Yet u notice, none of their staff comes forward to explain all this?

Also I will show screenshot later of the screen I often get using their recommended VPS too. Makes trading so difficult! And strange thing is it tends to appear like 30 minute before news and can last for hours after.

That's the main point you, me and others are trying to make clients understand. All brokers are finding it a great easy excuse to cheat clients by throwing the sentence of SNB decision, black swan, nonsense!!!

The ones defending the brokers are clearly paid for that, anyone can ask themselves why a guy would post good in brokers favor???

Many brokers proved to be market makers, no liquidity providers, the ones who are real ECN failed to close orders and respect their policies because of failure in their systems, what's my and all clients fault if brokers had bad system connection with liquidity proviers, why must we pay for that!?!!

Russia North korea Afghanistan servers not the client concern or fault, scammer icmarkets responsible of its mt4 platform prices, if they really have liquidity providers after claiming to be ECN, then they must have same prices on all servers since it must all be in direct access to market.

Funny then if i live in UK, another in australia, new zealand, slovakia, iceland, argentina, germany etc each gets different prices from icmarkets!!!!??

Or, if i live in different locations, i get different prices on the run!!!

These thieves will wait for this thread to die away like my account.
Traders take whatever fund you have left and go before you go down with this sinking ship.

Any email from ASIC regarding this complaint?

Case is pending review. Received confirmation from them already.
I sincerely hope they will be able to do something with all the latest evidences compiled by me and the newest victims.

Justice should be served.

What is most important is that these SCAMMERS dont get away scot free and are put out of business for good. They are giving Australia and ASIC a bad name, by going around and claiming that they are ASIC regulated, the top broker in Australia and so on (their IB and affiliates said that in so many other forums, just have a look).

These thieves will wait for this thread to die away like my account.
Traders take whatever fund you have left and go before you go down with this sinking ship.

What happened to you? Were u a victim of the SNB crisis too, or before that? I was a victim of their NFP July 2014 too just for the record. And they doing all these tricks again.

I wonder what kind of broker is this. Having crisis every few months. Same old song, same old tune always.

Back