I'm planning to invest and I'd love your input

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello all

I'm planning to invest in forex, probably via copying trades, or having a fund manager trades my account, or other means.

My main concern now is separating the offers to find at least a decent one to take. Any suggestions on how to check these things out is highly appreciated:
- trusted: how to know if he actually trade for profit and not only after commission
- credibility: how to know if he actually has the capabilities to trade and generate profit
- reasonable profit percentage? Is 10% per month is asking for too much?
- should I go for the monthly paid one or the one who ask for profit sharing?
- how much is considered safe initial investment? Is $1000 too much? Too small?

If there's more feedback/suggestion that I did not ask above, please do

Thank you
Probably best to learn by yourself first

Hello all

I'm planning to invest in forex, probably via copying trades, or having a fund manager trades my account, or other means.

My main concern now is separating the offers to find at least a decent one to take. Any suggestions on how to check these things out is highly appreciated:
- trusted: how to know if he actually trade for profit and not only after commission
- credibility: how to know if he actually has the capabilities to trade and generate profit
- reasonable profit percentage? Is 10% per month is asking for too much?
- should I go for the monthly paid one or the one who ask for profit sharing?
- how much is considered safe initial investment? Is $1000 too much? Too small?

If there's more feedback/suggestion that I did not ask above, please do

Thank you
Learn to trade yourself don't invest in copy traders or fund managers. Trust me, been there and done that myself and lost money!

Never used a service like this, not sure there is anyway to 100% be sure they are trustworthy.

I guess dig deep with any questions you have, e.g. what is the risk management on their service, lot sizes, approach to major news events, etc but ultimately will down to who you have the confidence to risk your money with.

I would be careful with signal providers etc. The best way is to learn yourself, especially as there are so much free material on the Web now.

Yes I think educated own selves and learn how to trade based on own skill, is better than relying on copy trading or manager account, but if likely you felt can't be skilled trader, it will depend on your choice, if investing money in forex, most important to minds is spent money that affords to lose and looking manager with long time experience.

As mentioned above, be very careful when selecting copy traders or signals services.
A good place to start would be REMOVED, or one of their competitors. It's a bit expensive and something you will grow out of, but it's great for beginners getting started and learning the ropes. There are plenty of traders you can copy on there.

FPA Forums Team Note: General Forex Talk is not the place to recommend companies. This thread also had a specific warning against company recommendations in the second post...

As long as this remains a general discussion of what to look for in a copy trading environment, it is fine to keep the discussion here in General Forex Talk.

If anyone wants to start comparing specific companies offering this service, that discussion should be done in https://www.forexpeacearmy.com/community/forums/forex-company-comparisons.127/

This thread has now been locked.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back