Is the trend really your friend ?

I think the general upward trend is a good friend if we go long. Financial indices, NASDAQ and so on tend to grow historically.

trend is friend when it gives us profit if it turns against it can be dangerous. One thing trader should know that without trend he can not get earning his position need side of market movement. He needs to analyze it well then use Stop loss for safety purpose if trend changes he not loose much amount.
how do you think which instruments can help trader to understand forex market?

trend is friend when it gives us profit if it turns against it can be dangerous. One thing trader should know that without trend he can not get earning his position need side of market movement. He needs to analyze it well then use Stop loss for safety purpose if trend changes he not loose much amount.

I agree. That is why it is so important to know how to recognize when there is a trend reversal. Sometimes it's obvious, sometimes - not so much.

I usually follow the trend but I try to also perform contrarian plays sometimes, its like betting against the market expecting soon reversal. It makes you stay ahead the crowd and promises nice rewards that's why I try to be versatile in my trading rather than employing only one approach.

I usually follow the trend but I try to also perform contrarian plays sometimes, its like betting against the market expecting soon reversal. It makes you stay ahead the crowd and promises nice rewards that's why I try to be versatile in my trading rather than employing only one approach.
What is your proportion of following the trend and contrarian plays in your investment strategy?

Which strategy do you find more successful? The one following the trend or the contrarian one?

I always try to trade according to trend, as it's the surest way to get profit. you just need to understand the global trend and follow it.

I always try to trade according to trend, as it's the surest way to get profit. you just need to understand the global trend and follow it.

That is true, but there are also plenty of medium and long term corrections that can also be used, even if one trades against the trend.

Trend is a trader's friend in any case. But one should understand that it is a doubtful and untrustworthy one, for it tends to change its direction and trip you quite frequently.

I think the general upward trend is a good friend if we go long. Financial indices, NASDAQ and so on tend to grow historically.
Frankly speaking, all things are worth attention and tend to increase. Moreover, it is reasonable to buy and hold them. Anyway, it's up to the trader.

Back