Lost money from FXCM

eternityeddy

Recruit
I lost money from FXCM.

In September 5th 8:30pm, I made a Gold 1260.55 sell limit, I lost money in this order.
After I checked, historical price of FXCM did go to 1260.55 .
I asked few friends who are from different forex brokers, they told me that other companies didn't touch the 1260.55 at the time.

Is this some sort of FXCM scam trick? Can I get back the money I lost of the order?

Here’s a picture of prices from different brokers at the time :

Attachments

• allll2.jpg
    allll2.jpg
    362.6 KB · Views: 32
I am not sure if we can conclude anything from your screenshot, I suggest you to use a feed provider such as Reuters or even NetDania.

There is an FXCM rep here in FPA I suggest you to contact him and ask him to reply here

Oanda has the closet low price and most reliable to your FXCM stop loss price, however that does not mean your order will be closed because for a buy order the ask price must reach your stop loss not the low bid price. What was FXCM low price?

In any case, FXCM rep. will tell you brokers prices differ due to different LP's blah blah and that was their prices at that time.
Most use similar LP's, they even post it on their websites. But the broker will add we got that price from a certain LP at that specific time..haha
What would you tell them other than pure manipulation!!!

Sorry but in this case it's not scam. Even your broker has a different price that could lead you to a STOP LOSS while other brokers don't, it could be your broker mistake but they don't intentionally cheat you (scam). According to my experience, all brokers have different price, as little from point and even pips. You should get familiar with it or leave that broker.

I lost money from FXCM.

In September 5th 8:30pm, I made a Gold 1260.55 sell limit, I lost money in this order.
After I checked, historical price of FXCM did go to 1260.55 .
I asked few friends who are from different forex brokers, they told me that other companies didn't touch the 1260.55 at the time.

Is this some sort of FXCM scam trick? Can I get back the money I lost of the order?

Here’s a picture of prices from different brokers at the time :

Hi Eternityeddy,

My name is Jason Rogers, and I'm FXCM's representative here on Forex Peace Army.

You mentioned that you had a "sell limit" at 1260.55 on gold heading into the Non-Farm Payrolls announcement on September 5th. Looking at the time in question, I believe you mean that you had a stop loss order to sell at 1260.55. I can confirm that price was hit on our price feed. However, if you feel there was an error in our execution, I encourage you to file a trade inquiry using this online form: Trade Audit Form for Trading Inquiries - FXCM UK

The Trade Services Team can investigate this trade in more detail and follow up with you.

Welcome to the forum! :)

When it's a sell stop position 1260.55 as FXCM rep. confirmed knowing that the client said the low had touched it then the case differs.

It's a no end useless argument to accuse the broker for prices difference than other brokers.

Back