Ponzi Scheme Managed Account Question - Courtenay House Trading Group

Guaranteed profits become guaranteed losses.
Also someone please correct me if i am wrong.

Wasent the person who made the facebook group got banned here 3 times or something? you have to be a clown to join that facebook group/listen to what people say there

Apologies if my information is incorrect.

AsstModerator Note: Your information is correct. He created 3 forums accounts. Each acted in ways so uncivilized that the accounts would all have been banned even if each was run by a separate person.

I agree. From what I've seen of the Facebook page it's just a talking shop that's not really doing much. A few people there just trying to seem important. There are some comments on there that don't sound right and I think there are CH people or associates on there just trying to put people off. This Kassis bloke was obviously involved somewhere. There also seems to be a lot of collecting each other's info. Wouldn't mind betting a brand new best investment ever springs up after all this rubbish has worked thorugh

What do you mean people making themselves important? I thought Anthony kassis was an investor? I can't get access to the Facebook page so I dunno what's going on. How would there be an investment scheme come out of this?

What do you mean people making themselves important? I thought Anthony kassis was an investor? I can't get access to the Facebook page so I dunno what's going on. How would there be an investment scheme come out of this?
He's mentioned on page 23 here

liquidator. I have a few friends who were introduced by a guy called Anthony Kassis a realestate agent from the eastern suburbs, apparently awealth property developer who was involved at the inception of CHTG. He introduced a number of my friends to CHTG whom made large sums of money investments with CHTG - and they said he would tell them he would make over $25K to $40K a month in commissions, despite only investing a fraction of what they invested.

He's mentioned on page 23 here

liquidator. I have a few friends who were introduced by a guy called Anthony Kassis a realestate agent from the eastern suburbs, apparently awealth property developer who was involved at the inception of CHTG. He introduced a number of my friends to CHTG whom made large sums of money investments with CHTG - and they said he would tell them he would make over $25K to $40K a month in commissions, despite only investing a fraction of what they invested.
These are the sort of people on the website

I agree. From what I've seen of the Facebook page it's just a talking shop that's not really doing much. A few people there just trying to seem important. There are some comments on there that don't sound right and I think there are CH people or associates on there just trying to put people off. This Kassis bloke was obviously involved somewhere. There also seems to be a lot of collecting each other's info. Wouldn't mind betting a brand new best investment ever springs up after all this rubbish has worked thorugh

Sadly, I think you are probably on the mark with this. The organizer tried his best to deny there was any possibility of Courtenay House being a Ponzi and went to great lengths to lure in as many victims as possible. My bet is that he's deeply tied to CH, either as an employee and/or paid a handsome fee for recruiting others, and/or he made a pile of money as an early investor in the scam and is so terrified of a clawback that he can't act rationally when that possibility is mentioned. He may also be planning a new scam himself or else he may be unwittingly aiding others who are.

In the meantime, my advice remains unchanged. Victims need to share every scrap of data (contact info, bank info, etc.) with ASIC and the regulators. This improves the chances of more funds being recovered and improves the odds of those who organized, ran, or recruited for the scam to end up spending some quality time in prison.

And I forgot one thing. Has anyone discussed the "anti-criminal, anti-ponzi" insurance policies with ASIC and/or the liquidators? After all, that was allegedly going to make everyone safe and secure if the company or its employees turned out to be doing anything wrong.

I would be very interested to know if any of those policies provide even the slightest protection for victims or not.

And I forgot one thing. Has anyone discussed the "anti-criminal, anti-ponzi" insurance policies with ASIC and/or the liquidators? After all, that was allegedly going to make everyone safe and secure if the company or its employees turned out to be doing anything wrong.

I would be very interested to know if any of those policies provide even the slightest protection for victims or not.
I wouldn't count on it.

was unable to verify insurance personally, you can't call up a broker and confirm insurance information unless you are the authorized person/company on the policy.

Based on the last report from the liquidator they are verifying if the insurance is real and if the brokers will honour it, no confirmation on this just yet.

Back