• Please try to select the correct prefix when making a new thread in this folder.

Discuss is for general discussions of a financial company or issues related to companies.

Info is for things like "Has anyone heard of Company X?" or "Is Company X legit or not?"

Compare is for things like "Which of these 2 (or more) companies is best?"

Searching is for things like "Help me pick a broker" or "What's the best VPS out there for trading?"

Problem is for reporting an issue with a company. Please don't just scream "CompanyX is a scam!" It is much more useful to say "I can't withdraw my money from Company X" or "Company Y is not honoring their refund guarantee" in the subject line.
    Keep Problem discussions civil and lay out the facts of your case. Your goal should be to get your problem resolved or reported to the regulators, not to see how many insults you can put into the thread.

More info coming soon.

Discuss Need Help Scrolling left or right on Meta Trader 4

General discussions of a financial company

guitrpikr

Recruit
Hello,
After re-sizing a chart on my Meta Trade 4, in the daily time frame, the chart will no longer scroll left or right.
This only happens on the day time frame. It scrolls left and right in all of the lower time frames. I have tried deleting
the currency pair and then re-loading it, but the same thing happens. Also, the day periods at the bottom of the chart
only show about 5 or 6 periods and it is in months, not days.

I would appreciate any and all help in this matter. I also use Trading View but it doesn't have this issue.

Thank you,
guitrpikr

Not really enough info...

1. Did the chart scroll normally before resizing.
2. What do you mean by resizing. Did you go from minimised to maximised or did you drag the window bigger, or did you zoom the candles?

If I were to take a guess, you are trying to trade some sort of Future and the reason the chart won't scroll is because it is a new contract, so there is no data beyond a few days. Tell us which broker and product. Try adding a sceenshot.

I was using a Forex Oanda demo account in the Oanda Meta Trader 4. Yes, the chart scrolled prior and I was resizing the candles. Also, I did not make the window bigger. No trades were made, I was just experiencing how to use the Meta Trader 4. Yes, I did go from minimum to maximum size. I just re-opened the Meta Trader and everything is scrolling properly again. However on the CADJPY pair, the candles are very small and the time period on the chart, in the most current time position, goes from 19 Oct 2023 back to 8 April 2020. Also, when I scroll back in time the candles re-size to normal. When I go forward, the candles shrink back to tiny size. This is only happening on the day time frame.

Is there a way to re-set all of the charts back to default size? I have tried deleting a chart and then opening a new chart with the currency pair, but it just reverts back to the same problem from the old chart.

Thanks

Back