• Please try to select the correct prefix when making a new thread in this folder.

Discuss is for general discussions of a financial company or issues related to companies.

Info is for things like "Has anyone heard of Company X?" or "Is Company X legit or not?"

Compare is for things like "Which of these 2 (or more) companies is best?"

Searching is for things like "Help me pick a broker" or "What's the best VPS out there for trading?"

Problem is for reporting an issue with a company. Please don't just scream "CompanyX is a scam!" It is much more useful to say "I can't withdraw my money from Company X" or "Company Y is not honoring their refund guarantee" in the subject line.
    Keep Problem discussions civil and lay out the facts of your case. Your goal should be to get your problem resolved or reported to the regulators, not to see how many insults you can put into the thread.

More info coming soon.

Problem Possible investment scam?

I am having an issue with a company

Fungus007

Private
Matched with a girl on tinder with no bio. After a few text asked for my number and added me on WhatsApp.
Recently moved to Australia from nz.
This occurred all within the same day. Text exchanges revealed herself as an assistant manager of a financial company and also traded for the last 2 years. Also sent some more photos of herself that somewhat resemble photos in her profile. Not long after asked for a brief video call. Lasted no longer than a minute. Aim was to prove herself she was real and wasn’t a scammer despite never accusing her to be one before hand.
Should I invest any more time with this person?

Someone has already discribed such scams through dating sites on FPA. And it didn't end well. I think the main thing is not to deposite money anywhere.

Matched with a girl on tinder with no bio. After a few text asked for my number and added me on WhatsApp.
Recently moved to Australia from nz.
This occurred all within the same day. Text exchanges revealed herself as an assistant manager of a financial company and also traded for the last 2 years. Also sent some more photos of herself that somewhat resemble photos in her profile. Not long after asked for a brief video call. Lasted no longer than a minute. Aim was to prove herself she was real and wasn’t a scammer despite never accusing her to be one before hand.
Should I invest any more time with this person?
One million-dollar advice STAY AWAY and save your money.
Read this as well https://www.9news.com.au/world/a-sy...ing-scam/02aefab1-1f66-438f-904a-ab45bc4e59da

and this GASO (specialized in Romance/Pig Slaughter scam and tracing crypto transactions)

Someone has already discribed such scams through dating sites on FPA. And it didn't end well. I think the main thing is not to deposite money anywhere.
Yes but the fact she made a video call which matched the photos in her profile doesn’t make any sense. Why would she expose her identity?
I’m thinking the profile persona is likely made of multi scammers and the one girl is assigned to me whenever a video call is made and the rest of the text exchanges are sent by other scammer

Yes but the fact she made a video call which matched the photos in her profile doesn’t make any sense. Why would she expose her identity?
I’m thinking the profile persona is likely made of multi scammers and the one girl is assigned to me whenever a video call is made and the rest of the text exchanges are sent by other scammer
Where did she claim to be from?

Malaysian born.
Original from nz and moved to Australia for work
Scammers have individuals on their payroll, especially in Australia, to do nothing other than make video calls. I am 99% positive that she will introduce you to her website or crpyto exchange and ask you to make a lot of money with her. She will eventually start by asking for a small investment, she may even let you make a withdraw of up to $500 and then ask you to make a much larger investment. And Yes, there are usually three to five people in a team who take turns talking to victims. The scams are called Pig Butchering, see below for more details.

Also why would anyone who you recently met ask you to invest with them IF they were not trying to steal your money? Out of all the people you have ever met in your life, did anyone after briefly knowing them ask you to start making investments? My guess is No!

Please get the website from her and post in this thread as a warning to others.

Scammers have individuals on their payroll, especially in Australia, to do nothing other than make video calls. I am 99% positive that she will introduce you to her website or crpyto exchange and ask you to make a lot of money with her. She will eventually start by asking for a small investment, she may even let you make a withdraw of up to $500 and then ask you to make a much larger investment. And Yes, there are usually three to five people in a team who take turns talking to victims. The scams are called Pig Butchering, see below for more details.

Also why would anyone who you recently met ask you to invest with them IF they were not trying to steal your money? Out of all the people you have ever met in your life, did anyone after briefly knowing them ask you to start making investments? My guess is No!

Please get the website from her and post in this thread as a warning to others.

But why would the individual expose herself on the video call? Also she only mentioned herself as a part time trader when I tried baiting her by asking of her hobbies.

Back