• Please try to select the correct prefix when making a new thread in this folder.

Discuss is for general discussions of a financial company or issues related to companies.

Info is for things like "Has anyone heard of Company X?" or "Is Company X legit or not?"

Compare is for things like "Which of these 2 (or more) companies is best?"

Searching is for things like "Help me pick a broker" or "What's the best VPS out there for trading?"

Problem is for reporting an issue with a company. Please don't just scream "CompanyX is a scam!" It is much more useful to say "I can't withdraw my money from Company X" or "Company Y is not honoring their refund guarantee" in the subject line.
    Keep Problem discussions civil and lay out the facts of your case. Your goal should be to get your problem resolved or reported to the regulators, not to see how many insults you can put into the thread.

More info coming soon.

Discuss SuperTradeSystem.com

General discussions of a financial company
Bank Troubles?

Remember the flic by Monty Python?

It teaches us something about trading.

holygrail-300x165.jpg

It's in the SEARCH for the holy grail...

...that is where all the COMEDY IS!!

8- )

So lets have a laugh and enjoy it all.

PS. Sometimes you get to laugh all the way to the bank.

This was another signal put up on the Watchlist by another Supertrader...
Chf/Jpy Short @ 84.77

090305-chf-jpy-pts-pivot.gif

Setup info for Owners:
Short Term CHF/JPY M5 Low Main Pivot 3/3/2009 0:00MT+1
evaluate at M7.5 x 1 Primary Trade Signal SHORT

Cheers,
Cyclon

Last edited:
Fast serve

One to go please...

I'd like mine on a 1 minute, Thank You.

Yeah, I'm in a hurry.

Thank you, keep the change!

090309-aud-jpy-m1-pts-pivot.gif

Cheers,
Cyclon

Re: Confused...

On Fri, Mar 13, 2009 at 9:29 AM, [TR=""] wrote:
Hello Tom,

I come across your website, read most part, found a forum on Forex Peace Army website, read all posts
from all 14 pages. I must say, after so much time spent, I am more confused than ever. Even after reading
the FAQ, I am still confused what this is. I have studied, just a little bit, some of the "predictive" methods
to trade the market, some were about astrology, some were about Elliot Waves, some were about Gann fan,
etc. I consider myself a pretty smart person (have a doctor's degree) and I am good at math, but I couldn't
seem to figure out those methods, and some of them actually involved A LOT of work and research (can
probably get another doctor's degree for that......) From the reactions people had on the forum, it seems
Duane is the only one that had your method figured out!!??

Please allow a few questions, and please give me the answers in the simplest way possible, such as yes
or no! LOL

1. Is your method difficult? [NO] Is it subjective? [NO] In other words, if I learn your system very well, and if we look at
the same chart using the same method, will we be able to come up with the exact same entry levels every time? [YES]

2. The "tools" you talked about. Are they proprietary indicators, [NO] or they are something that's available for
most of the trading platforms, [YES] such as TradeStation?

3. Does this method work on ALL time frames? [YES] What are the largest and smallest time frames you have
applied your method to? (While making thousands of pips per trade sounds really nice, it could also be
very boring if I can only make one trade per month......)

4. I understand the system works on ALL pairs. But have you tried it on other markets other than Gold?
Will it work on Oil, or emini markets? [YES]

Well, honestly, I am in a stage of confusion, so badly I don't even know what else to ask! LOL! If I under
stand correctly, after learning this STAR system, I should be able to anticipate an entry ahead of time,
"know" where the market will reverse, and just wait for the price to get there and place my order. [YES - ONLY IF SIGNALLED AND TRIGGERED OF COURSE]

Guess my biggest concern is whether I can really learn and understand this method, and apply it in
actual trading. [YES] Since I am sure I am not the only smart guy on earth, if most people couldn't figure it
out, who am I to say that I will. [MOST CAN - DON'T WORRY ABOUT IT]

Are you still running without a loss?
[YES - BUT WE DID ADD A RULE FOR LOCATION WHICH IS A NEW CRITERIA - IT IS IN THE FORUM AND YOU'LL NEED TO REGISTER - IT WORKS FINE]

Thank you very much for your time! I am very interested!! [YOU ARE MOST WELCOME - AND THANK YOU]

Warm regards,

------

Hi ------,

Thank You for your interest. Yours is a very GOOD letter by the way. I answer your questions inline on your email directly but also add the following:

You may be only seeing the problems some people have. For instance someone just posted a review where they say it is very complex (same day they bought it 3/7). This person also wrote me about 3 hours after they downloaded it and said the same thing as in their review. They asked why I haven't provided an indicator for this. This is a manual method and it perhaps strikes some as too much work. I happen to think that not having the right system to match your market is a lot of work. Now this person also finally got registered on the forum after 10 more back and forth emails for support to do this. The entire signup process has clear instructions that they would need to register on the forum. I finally had to send annotated pictures with circles around the links.

Now someone else sent me screenshots of a perfectly correct setup 3 hours after buying it and was in 50 pips profit later that day on a 2 minute setup.
(This was not Duane)

8- )

And so the other experiences in many shades are in between. If you can explain to me why some can and some can't it would be very much appreciated.

My thread (here) on FPA attempts to get someone interested enough to look into it. I can only provide so much or only show just so much because it is able to be easily copied, being a generic technical method with standard indicators. Believe me it is simple - just not easy - as any other manual technical method is simple - just not easy.

It uses MA crossovers - simple. It is not subjective in the least, purely mechanical - 100%. There are 5 aspects to look for so you may have a basis to do a pullback evaluation with clear rules for performing these.

All of that is done on one tool which has only MA's on it ( this one has not ever been shown - it is THAT giveaway simple). The MA crossovers provide the settings for the 2nd and final tool.

The 2nd tool, called up according to those settings ( open a provided template containing that setting ) will tell you with 100% accuracy if you will have a continuation or a reversal. This has only MA's on it.

If a reversal, then it will have a rollover of its MA as the catch point (trigger). Now it may not trigger - but if it does you take the trade.

Some do not trigger and instead will set a new pullback point and so then after it begins to retrace (so the pullback point has been 'set' by that retracement) it is evaluated once more and a new signal is thereby generated.

I believe the thing that gets some people off track is that they think (as evidenced by the request for a one-size-fits-all indicator) that the market is a simple structure or possibly a random bunch of patterns which unpredictably repeat enough to do some operations with TA which will yield predictable results.

Those which think it is a simple structure are half right - it is a structure. Those which think randomly repeating patterns are able to be operated on with TA yielding predictable results are half right - they can use TA on the repeating patterns.

There is a primary and universal obstacle to getting the complete understanding of what the market truly is. That obstacle is the practice of boxing up tick data into arbitrary size containers in order to apply some TA technique or indicator. This destroys the numerical precision of the underlying data. The different way we use these same charts undoes that problem.

The underlying data is not random and the closest TA system is Elliott Wave however that has some errors which have a profound impact on the true count. Also it is far more tedious, done right, than my method. I mean FAR more!

We just find a setup with most of the traits, log it, add the remaining ones to it as they develop, and then take a reading.

In the chat someone who is inexperienced as yet will ask about a setup. They will tell us the pair, the beginning point which we label the Main Pivot and the timeframe on which they are observing this. In less than 1 minute the answers come back from other members filling in the status. Some may make an error and it gets spotted that quickly as well and these are just traders who learned to apply the technique. They are correct and precise about their assessments. This could not be happening if this was subjective.

For example from a little while ago on the chat from one of the members:

10:53 Bogie: CAD/JPY M5 > 3/12/2009 9:45:00 w/p/b

That means the M5 chart using tool #1 from the Low Main Pivot 3/12 @ 9:45GMT+1 has a basis for a pullback evaluation once the pullback reaches the set criteria for a challenge sufficient that it will be evaluated as a possible reversal - an ACTUAL reversal - or a continuation.

It took me longer to type that than it does for me to go and look at it myself. We know the exact tool and the exact status from his post.

Now does this sound boring to you? I didn't think so - it's juicy - I can see you swallowing a bit of saliva now!

This is from the chat from a little earlier this morning:

08:32 Joel C.: now that you have this system, other systems that I thought were awesome seem useless :)
08:33 Gert: yes u right hehe
08:33 Gert: i am so glad i did find this system out of thousands of others
08:33 Joel C.: I gave up a great system that consistently provided me 400 pips for this system
08:33 Joel C.: 400 pips monthly on average
08:34 Gert: it is exactly what i like it tells u where to place your stop and where to enter
08:34 Joel C.: yeah
08:34 Gert: and if the setup is not good dont trade
08:34 Gert: and it teaches u to be patient

For both of these traders the understanding came a little bit hard, but is there anything worthwhile that you have come to which came easily?

Both are very methodical thinkers and that is better in the long run but sometimes for that type of thinker it comes the hardest. This is because it is a completely unique system and not arbitrary so just calling up any timeframe with your favorite indicator is not how it is done. That yields the 95% failure combined with other errors like misunderstanding the size and formations of your market.

The same one who asked why don't I make an indicator and said it is complex also said this to me in their email about 3 hours after they set it up:

"I would really like to use your system as we have always lost a lot of potential profits based on exiting too early or not finding the optimal entry point. Do you have a tutorial that would make it a bit easier for us to follow? We really like the 30 minute chart and we really like the AUD pairs as there is a lot of volatility in them."

Then they went on and posted their review and I asked them to follow the notes to register on the forum.

This shows the approach to the market and sometimes to my system. Let's take our methods which we are having difficulty applying to the market and tack something else on which will hopefully improve it. That is NOT illogical. But it just will not improve and that is due to the fact that for over 1000 years we've been using arbitrary containers for the data and it just ruins the observation of what really is going on.

We do not push ANYTHING on the market. We let the market give us the readings. The system tools extract these - let's just say - "Fibonaccily" from the data.

I used to have a banner ad which said "My System is Perfect - but I am NOT". Well I don't use that in ads anymore (I still display it on one of my own pages). But the reason is that now I say it is 100% Accurate.

That change is due to the realization of the simple fact that my system is NOT perfect. If it were perfect then it would have a one size fits all indicator and spit out money like an ATM with no effort - EVERY DAY. And more importantly it would be easy, understood by anyone of any language within seconds after opening the box.

But you do not get that claim from me anymore and you will need to apply a new technique.
Now you also ask about other instruments. I have not developed this yet for stocks - they are not a leveraged instrument and so the settings used for this will not work for them. It will work for ALL leveraged instruments in exactly the same way and the tools have already been translated by customers to other platforms - it was developed on another platform. None of that is needed to be learned but leveraged and non-leveraged instruments operate on a different frequency (leveraged have the oscilloscope knob way over to the right - hence the speed and volatility). Yes, E-minis, Yes, Oil, Corn, whatever commodity.
And you asked for yes or no answers but as you can see I am incapable of that and that is my imperfection and maybe why the system is not perfect.
I want people to know why it is different. I look forward to working with you on this, ------.

ATB
Tom

Cheers,
Cyclon

Fast Mover

This was identified as a late stage setup and put on the watchlist 2/24 and finally got the dust blown off.

090312-cad-chf-pts-pivot.gif

Cheers,
Cyclon

Video Tutorial

The first in a series of video tutorials has just been finished.

This is not on the forum but on the STC itself and is accessed through the OWNER access link on the Member Control Panel.

Then slide the menu out from the left and click the VIDEO TUTORIALS page.

Cheers,
Cyclon

Aggressive Strategy Launched in April Doing Great

Aggressive Strategy Launched in April Doing Great

There has been some talk about STAR not being 100% accurate. Not true. It is. And we've recently added enhancements but I do not change rules to suit the accuracy claim. I would rather just adjust the claim because nobody else has to deal with that kind of concern.

To adjust the rules to keep that claim would be the kind of thing a snake-in-the-grass liar would do. I am taking it personal for that reason. So here is the truth and it is unfortunate to have to go into this in this way but I must.

The whole idea of Supertrades is catching the entire main move. Depending on the scale on which you wish to maneuver there are times when a consolidation will eat up quite a bit of "Clock". It's not so much in relation to the scale but it is if you're looking for some kind of scalping / daytrading scenario.

When the market does happen into one of these large scale consolidations there will be very large moves which are not supertrades AT that scale. The one we are in now is a consolidation of unusual scale because the move of July '08 to Dec - Jan was of such enormous scale and markets digest after strong moves.

This definitely required an adjustment to prevent signals which should not form up from forming up. If these were on a 30 Minute chart there would be no attempt at that consolidation area because the system requires a further development. A strengthening of the location rule corrected this and was done well before said person ever even purchased the system.

For him to read about that and state this was the timing is deliberately mistating the facts because it did not occur after but before. It also did not even fit the situation in the case he lists. Also there is another signal which he documented as one he traded of the type he claims only one to exist.

This is all documented. The trade he lists was one which was not formed up according to the rules and he argued that one of the tools would render it valid and actually that was true if allowing for micropips on one.

So I told him that it was a discrepancy in the tools due to data and should not be valid but if he wanted to try it then it was a flagged play which he does state and that is how I know for certain exactly what we are dealing with.

So it was not a failed signal but the incredible accuracy in showing a discrepancy on two tools in micropips which are normally equivalent (one for halving and one for doubling and use at either H1 double and H4 halved for an H2). We do not use the micropips because it is a broker manipulation tool and that is posted.

Now you don't care about any of that but as I said I took it personal.
All you want to know is,

"Can I make pips?"

The aggressive MOD:

There was a simple variation which was used during the development of the system which was not 100% accurate and yet offers great entries and great rewards with a little risk. It was not part of the STAR technique because STAR is a special method for certainty in signals. So this was released not as the 100% accurate part but as a great trading method in addition to the main system.
So now STAR has a sidekick, a bonus method.

The listing of trades below are Triggered Trades from the Collaboration Watchlist at Supertradersclub.

These ones were begun to be collected and moved off the watchlist into the Triggered Trades sheet.

As I did this collection there were still 53 currently ACTIVE setups on the Watchlist which members have collaborated on identifying and sharing with each other.

One of the members who just joined about a week and a half ago just put this in the chat, that he was watching a section which had trades mostly opened in the last week but some were older:

05:51 moandt: I'm still trying to work out a few things but it seems fairly simple to me now.
05:52 Bogie: That's good. We're here to help.
05:53 moandt: It's good to know.
05:54 moandt: It amazes me that more of the members aren't making use of the watchlist.
05:54 Super1: me 2 Tim
05:56 moandt: I've got a spreadsheet running on all the open trades. The pips for are over 3000 and the pips against are less than 200.

His stats are unofficial because there are various hold methods and objectives, of course. Also some are not finished moving.

The -200 he refers to is due to the new aggressive method just launched called a CSA with write-up on the member site.

While it is very good for frequency of trades it is not 100% as the regular system setups. It uses the same tools and methods with a variation.
It was launched in response to the present consolidation. This is where it shines because inside a chop there are mostly incomplete formations.
That is where most traders and systems for that matter become inefficient and ruin their equity.

So we are quite happy to employ this new teqhnique as well.
Since the beginning of April '09, new owners have been getting word in their welcome email that this new mod is available at the member site.

A higher proportion of the trades are coming from this method at the moment. This is because this fires many times more and sometimes is used more than once in one single pullback and even ones where a supertrade would just say - "not right here".
So now you can cash in on these and then get ready when the supertrades start firing on the large scale. You also see Supertrades fire on smaller scales of course.

090512-Triggered-Trades-pub.gif

Times are GMT+1

There are always different hold strategies and risk control / money management scenarios for each trader.

For example notice there are two Long trades for Gbp/Usd and some will be holding through on one scale while another takes reversals.

Some of these are still running as I posted this.

Another recent review is mentioning that I was uncertain about the market but that is alright because use signals for trades and if I start reading into it I will get in trouble too. What I recall is that I was being asked to predict the Elliott Wave for Gbp/Jpy and was not informed until later that he had already entered into a non-system trade in the middle of a plunge when he had thought it was 'done' which I understand because I'll take intermediates like that myself sometimes. Only I think it was on Eur/Jpy that he took his trade, not Gbp/Jpy. He should not have kept me in the dark about what was actually happening because I may give an EW opinion out when asked but I don't advise on trades. Many people try to mix the system with other methods but it is not helpful.

Sorry just gotta set the record straight. The watchlist is public, at least to members - so this is THEIR performance and documented.

Cheers,
Cyclon

My turn, I know FPA loves the controversy

Well I suppose that makes it my turn, Oli.

You know when I joined FPA in Oct 2007 I was not yet in possession of a complete system but was working on it. Now it is complete. Now it is published. It handles all timeframes or time basis'. It handles all leveraged instruments. It handles all formations. It does so with 100% accuracy.

Now from time to time I get someone that does not like something. There is my presentation, or this or that, blah, blah, blah. And of course they are always right.

Because despite that I am at the mercy of their own interpretations and expectations they had a negative response. They may have any opinion they want no matter what.

The accolades that I receive are way over the top so it is good to keep my humility in check.

I do not mind this cuz it is small. For instance Art gave a negative review but we have exchanged cordial emails recently when he sent me an MLM or something. No hard feelings.

However there is something different going on with yours. I am so grateful that you provided enough detail and a "TELL". You know and I know that the trade was dead before entry by rule and you know and I know it had nothing to do with the improvement and strengthening to the location rules. As a matter of fact that is mentioned a couple posts prior to this one where I was asked about the accuracy - all public and above board.

From MARCH.

So yes you are no longer a member in good standing.

You know what? As far as Mr. Hennessy is concerned you are not a member in good standing here at FPA for deliberately misleading the members here but that is just my personal view. The members here are fellow traders whom I recommend this system to in order to help.

You may not like the system you want back in on ( ??? ) but misrepresenting facts has hurt the traders who come for HONEST opinions.

Also, nice try in your comment that you need Elliott Wave since you know there is not one bit of it in the system. There are currently 57 active setups on the watchlist not one of which use a scrap of EW to locate and the members put the majority of them up.

Last week on the 13th the comment in chat was +3000 vs -200.
This week on the 19th it had gone to this:
07:31 moandt: I'll give you an idea about available pips Patrick
07:32 moandt: Of all the trades on the watchlist at the moment...
07:32 moandt: the pips for are about 6150
07:32 moandt: and the pips against are about 380
07:32 Logos1: I now understand your post on the Forum. That is amazing !
07:33 moandt: Now with most of them being CSAs ...
07:33 moandt: everyone will have their own policy for closing the trade
07:33 moandt: But it gives you an idea of what the potential is

That is why I take it very seriously when a deliberate misrepresentation is made rather than a straight up opinion.

Those pips are for people here that are looking to get the pips rather than get even with the owner of a system because your financial situation did not resolve in your timing.

Trading systems are not ATM's and there is no panacea. You should realize I am guilty of everything that you are including letting my pride or emotions cloud my judgement. Despite our common frailties I cannot allow you in until you make proper ammends to our fellow traders here at FPA - whether you like the sytem personally or not.

Cheers,
Cyclon

That that you are openly discussing this, to me is a very good sign. For the record, I have never had a problem with you personally, in fact I was amazed at the level of service you provided. Understand then that I was gutted to have my membership cut for posting what I consider to be an accurate review of what I experienced while using the SuperTradeSystem.

The reason I want to have access to the system still is for no other reason, than to be able to change my review if I saw that in fact I was wrong over time. The fact that you chose to make it personal in our email discussion regarding this was disappointing. Even worse to me is the fact that you have cut my "lifetime" membership without a refund. In my country there's a thing called the consumer guarantees act that prevents this sort of behaviour.

Perhaps the truth is that I was a member of the system at a time when no full trades happened, and they are ocurring now? Perhaps, the primary trade signal that failed shouldn't have been there, and the fact that I noticed it affected it? Perhaps the PTS that I did trade on the 1min timeframe should have a different exit strategy? The fact remains, that at no time while I was involved with the system did anyone get a full signal from pivot to pivot as described in the advertising material.

I am still prepared to change my review if I get access to the forums again and see something contrary to this. Or I will also make a note if you were to give a refund, which you made it very clear to me you wouldn't. If you maintain I'm completely misguided about all of this, give me access to the premium service again and prove me wrong. Until then, please don't ask me to change my review in order to get access to the system, that is manipulation of the reviews and I won't participate in that.

argument for argument

Well, like I said before you gave the details in your first "review" that allowed me to know what you were talking about exactly.

Therefore when you stated that it so called failed when it was discussed already in real-time, at the time, then stated it failed was misrepresentation, not opinion.

If you said you didn't like it that would be opinion and you'd be welcome to it. I trust you've made it clear enough you didn't like it. That is ok.

No you are not being denied access to change an opinion.

And I trust that I have been clear enough that you were more than misguided and the statements were with purpose.

All kinds of legal issues in my country too. There is more than enough highground for me to stand on with what you did to deny your access, don't worry.

Cheers,
Cyclon

edit: You joined March 7th - above you will see a post with a Pic of CAD/CHF - this was what we call a PTS or Primary Trade Signal - check the trigger date and check your charts now. Whether timing or other issues come to play at the forex table is not mine to control. I offer a trading system.

Last edited:
If I recall correctly, the CADCHF trade was missed at the time, exacerbating my frustration. Harry hindsight is a great trader though!

Also, one of the major qualms I have is that this didn't have an exit as described in the manual, which is consistent with other entries I have seen.

Back