THE US dollar

The dollar will remain a safe haven and the beautiful bride of investors.After almost about 2 months,it is now back on the driver's seat against major pairs.In as much as i am not ruling out further weakness of the currency due to poor economic situation in the U.S,the index has now stabilized and ready to move in reasonable and
predictable range.

Global economy is still slow in recovering and despite the successes of the German economy,investors will still be wary of the euro due to weakness in other other member states.Although,the U.S economy is not actually better-off,investors will always run to it for cover.

News Trading

Can anyone let me know what is the fastest news source available? I want to trade news events, but seems to miss the action before I know what the news reports have said. Also how do you deal with the gapping effect? On Sunday evening I tried to trade the AUDUSD and all my profit was lost on the market gapping when it opened. I am keen to learn.

Can anyone let me know what is the fastest news source available? I want to trade news events, but seems to miss the action before I know what the news reports have said. Also how do you deal with the gapping effect? On Sunday evening I tried to trade the AUDUSD and all my profit was lost on the market gapping when it opened. I am keen to learn.

Although this thread is about something else but about news trading(spike)you will have to get a good and fast source,bloomberg.com is one but there are sites you can subscribe to and you receive the release almost immediately on your mobile phone.Unfortunately,i do not remember any for now but if you devote more time to searching you will definitely get help.I personally do not trade news so i might not be of much help.Secondly,what happened to your AUD/USD is that you actually carried over the position to another week and weekend price gaps do occur.If you intend to take few pips trades as a trader,try as much as possible to exit your positions before the week closes to avoid the gaps but if you intend to keep long trades which might last days or even weeks,then that should not be a problem provided you have your trading strategy intact.

Above all,i think you should still devote more time to learning and try to understand the market before you invest a dime into trading.You may visit (1)babypips: www.schoolofpipsology.com.(2)ibfx-w...ount. I hope you find my explanation useful.

Last edited:
Back