Trading is not Science

For sure it's totally unpredictable thing to some level and there is no scheme to see what is really happening here with all that stuff for example. But with experience you will start to see some patterns and this things will "click" in your head anyway.

I would say that trading is not science but it requires the knowledge of a lot of subjects like math, statistics, corporate finance etc etc.

For sure it's totally unpredictable thing to some level and there is no scheme to see what is really happening here with all that stuff for example. But with experience you will start to see some patterns and this things will "click" in your head anyway.
In forex we not apply certain scientific formulas to compete with market. But trader should learn how this market works . what steps will result in loss . This experience comes with trading practice He acquires skill to trade not based on fix rules but a flexible plan should be in mind for trading . This will help him to go to right way.

I don't quite agree with the fact that trading is pure art. It seems to me that the scientific approach plays an even more significant role in trading. I agree that this science is not accurate, and we cannot be at least 80% sure of our mistakes. There is no need to take trading as something random; it is not. You can analyze and predict some events, and only a scientific approach will help you.

Definetely yes. I guess that trading should never be considered as a part of science. Of course, economics which matters during trading activity is a science, but trading as itself isn't. In my opinion, trading can be somehow related to the art. The art of trading for me is an ability of wise risk and money management, emotions control, have lots of patience and dilligence. Trading doesn't create something which can ease people's lifestyle, but it creates new opportunities for everybody who eagers to master it. I believe that this art helps people to struggle their fears, makes them more patient and calm, in case you master emotions control. However sometimes trading can be dangerous for people who take things too hard.

Its not science but can be predicted and profitable over a large number of trades if done right
Yes it’s not a science but it requires hard work more than studying science, you literally need to learn a lot in order to make consistent profit.

Yes, forex trading is not like math science, they get an exact number in a calculation, the forex market is dynamic, buyer and seller increasing demand to currency, and not always same volume daily trading in the market, forex trading is about how to manage money to making money, need special skills.

The fact that you have mentioned has nothing to do with science or art. It should be clear for everyone that there is nothing 100% sure in forex, all the indicators and levels and oscillators show the possibilities. They show the factors that may lead to certain price changes but the market can have its own opinion of where to move. That is why even the most experienced and smart traders follow risk management: because the probability of mistake is always relatively high.

It's not exact science but you can guarantee that what goes up will eventually come down. The indicators just help you decide when it's most likely to happen

Back