Trading is not Science

I guess that trading can be called a science. Actually every kind of activity can be a real science. Everything because it has its own peculiarities and you have to own skills and experience. Of course, from the point of definition of "science", trading isn't a science at all. However, from the point of art of trading it can be called a science in narrow groups, like in trading community. In my opinion, it doesn't matte how do people call trading activity, the matter is that it really can bring lots of benefits and profits for you in case of a proper approach, as well as in any other kind of activity.

I wouldn't say that trading is about the art. Art is a form of self expression, trading has nothing to do with that. In my opinion, trading is all about manipulating with probabilities the right way. There are no such situations when the probability of some events equals to 100%. That is why a trader should calculate probabilities according to the indicators and other factors and secure the risks associated with their trading.

I know most are aware that trading is not en exact science, but rather and art form. I decided to point that out as I read countless threads and posts where new trader are confused about why something did not happen despite an indicator suggesting otherwise.

Let's take the RSI for example, just because it trades above 70 or below 30 does not mean the price will reverse. Same holds true for any support/resistance levels and even down to pure price action where a price does not automatically reverse direction because of a candlestick formation.

Sometimes that happens, but other times it does not and to blindly enter trades because of any single signal makes no sense. You should take those events as a sign to further analyze the charts and yes that means you need to work and can't be lazy about it.

Trading is an art form which you may or may not be able to learn after years (that is with an 's' at the end).
Yeah usually the markets will do what they’ve done before so look left on the chart

each science can be art but not every art can be science...
as for me trading is science. but this science need creation.

Back