• Please try to select the correct prefix when making a new thread in this folder.

Discuss is for general discussions of a financial company or issues related to companies.

Info is for things like "Has anyone heard of Company X?" or "Is Company X legit or not?"

Compare is for things like "Which of these 2 (or more) companies is best?"

Searching is for things like "Help me pick a broker" or "What's the best VPS out there for trading?"

Problem is for reporting an issue with a company. Please don't just scream "CompanyX is a scam!" It is much more useful to say "I can't withdraw my money from Company X" or "Company Y is not honoring their refund guarantee" in the subject line.
    Keep Problem discussions civil and lay out the facts of your case. Your goal should be to get your problem resolved or reported to the regulators, not to see how many insults you can put into the thread.

More info coming soon.

Problem Valley Tech Spec Limited

I am having an issue with a company
Hey guys

I recently got scammed by a singapore girl ..i deposited last Friday 11k AUD without doing my own research .It was the dumbest mistake of mynlife.I have made complaint yo my bank to retrieve the transferred amount .I thinkni will not recover it .Th lady name is Joanna and she said she is running a sweet shop and was introduced to a mentor who meant be the main bastard for the Valley tech spec .Now the money is gone .They will ask you to transfer to ANZ bank account..I dont know how the bank doesnt revogmize these kindnof activity when more money falls into a bad account.Anywau lesson learnt in a hard way

How did you transfer the money? If you did a wire transfer you can do a wire transfer recall to get you money back. It needs to be done within 24-72 hours, call you bank and tell them that, if it's been longer then that the changes is very low to do a recall.

Did you get a letter like that too?

Velley Tech Spec
Dunning letter

Mr. Weigel Peter:
The legal department of MetaTrader5 company accepts the entrustment of VelleyTechSpec (referred to as "VTS company" in the letter), and assigns us as its agent in accordance with the law to deal with the financial funds owed to the principal by you. Now because of the facts and legal issues that you owe the client's money, I will formally inform you:
We received and reviewed the following materials from Mr. Weigel Peter:
1. A screenshot of the record of 62,307.42 USD of your operations in the MT5 system;
2. Proof of the reason for the formation of the record;
Based on VTS's statement and our review of the above materials, we initially determined the following facts:
1. A screenshot of the record of USD 62,307.42 in debt that you personally operated on July 20, 2020.
2. Up to now, you have not repaid 62,307.42 US dollars in arrears of financial transactions to the principal in accordance with the "contract terms".
Based on the aforementioned facts, we put forward the following legal opinions:
1. The legal relationship between VTS and you is clear, and you should perform the debts owed to VTS in time.
2. Mr.'s act of overdue repayment of the arrears has violated relevant laws and regulations, and he shall be liable for breach of contract according to law. Mr. Weigel Peter should continue to perform the obligation to pay 62,307.42 US dollars in arrears in accordance with the law.

We made the following requirements:
1. You must pay all the money to the client within 5 days after receiving this dunning letter. Otherwise, we will take legal measures to pursue your legal responsibility to protect the legal rights of the client. The contact number of Mr. Weigel Peter: +49 170 7512814; the contact number of client customer service: +852 61374548.
2. If the repayment obligation is not fulfilled within the above time, this judicial affairs will bring the agent client to the court to pursue your legal responsibility through legal means. At that time, the client will no longer reserve room for friendly negotiation with you. Not only will you have to pay the arrears in full, but you should also pay the client overdue interest, litigation fees, attorney fees and all related expenses in this case All are borne by you.
Sincerely, Shun!

Please be cautious to avoid tiring litigation!
Specially informing!

MetaTrader5 LegalDepartment
Time: July 23, 2020

VTS Company Address: Churchill House, 142-146 Old Street, London, EC1V 9BW
Post Code: BS25 5LX

Lawyers from MT5? MetaTrader 5 itself is owned by MetaQuotes. You can find their contact info at:

https://www.metaquotes.net/en/company/contacts and https://www.metatrader5.com/en/company/contacts

Although there's nothing to stop MetaQuotes from jumping in like this, I've never once heard of them sending a legal demand to a broker over a client issue or to a client over a broker issue.

Before providing any information to people claiming to be MetaTrade5 lawyers, make sure they REALLY work for the company. Otherwise, you could be lured in and scammed by fake lawyers.

Also, if you haven't done so, contact the Hong Kong police. Share ALL the information you have (including the letter from the people claiming to be lawyers) and ask them for advice on what other agencies to share it with.

how to get my money back please help. me

Start by sharing ALL the information you have with the Hong Kong police. Don't wait to form some sort of group. That will only delay things. Get in touch with them as soon as possible and send them all the information (especially about how you sent money) to them as fast as possible.

https://www.police.gov.hk/ppp_en/04_crime_matters/adcc/contact.html

Of course, you can also contact the police and regulators in your own country. If you aren't sure how to do this, ask to speak to a financial fraud expert at your bank.

Thank you, the problem is that I live in Germany.

I don't think it matters where you live. The crime is conducting from or using Hong Kong base to do illegal activities and they will investigate. First thing just report it as soon as possible so they can work on the case. If they are doing this to you, I'm sure they are doing it to a lot of people.

Yes I will do it. Thank you for your understanding.
But does one have a chance to get the money back?

They might or might not help you get back what you loss but do your parts and put these criminals behind bar. They are running a big scam, I'm pretty sure a lot of people have lost a lot much more.

Yes I will do it. Thank you for your understanding.
But does one have a chance to get the money back?

If they were pocketing all the money, I don't think the HK police would be bragging about how much they are recovering from scammers. It may take time, but if the HK police intercept money involved in one of these scams, they'll do their best to fairly distribute whatever cash they can confiscate.

Check and see if Germany has a police unit dedicated to online fraud. More and more countries are getting those. If there is one, share the link here to make it easier for other German victims to find.

You can also report this to eConsumer.gov in the US. They share data with police and regulators around the world. For some reason, they are offline as I'm writing this, but I believe it's a temporary technical issue. Google's cache shows the site looking normal yesterday.

Every scrap of data shared with investigators puts the criminals one step closer to being caught.

Sadly I discovered this forum too late because I was scammed out of $81,000 Australian dollars which I think equates to USD $57,000. I lost more than my entire life savings which was $56,000 and I was also fooled into taking out a $25,000 personal loan which I am still repaying, so I'm now financially crippled. May I ask if anyone has made any progress cracking down on Valley Tech, and is it at all possible for all of us to get our money back? I filled out a scam report with the Australian Competition and Consumer Commission yesterday, but I'm lost and don't know what else to do.

Back