what is your leverage when you trade ?

Currently I'm using 1 : 500 and I find that it is best suited for me for long term trading, although there are some brokers on which I'm also using 1 : 1000.

Having high leverage available is nice, but under all but the best circumstances, putting too much leverage to use is a recipe for a call from Mr. Margin.

I tried to keep a mid level leverage. Cause I know very well that leverage is my liability. Finally I have to pay the full amount. So, if the result is positive then OK. But if the trade result goes against me then I should able to bear the liability. For me 1:10 is Ok. Also I follow the lowest spreads to get good amount of profit. When I take leverage I mainly focus on the money management.

I am still a new trader. My age in forex is very short in time frame. Just started trading and spent some time in forex. I understand that for earning high volume of profit I should invest big amount capital. But my investment is very low. I am also looking for getting high volume leverage facility. But still don’t understand what amount of risk I should take. Which will be profitable and also fruitful for me.

I am still a new trader. My age in forex is very short in time frame. Just started trading and spent some time in forex. I understand that for earning high volume of profit I should invest big amount capital. But my investment is very low. I am also looking for getting high volume leverage facility. But still don’t understand what amount of risk I should take. Which will be profitable and also fruitful for me.
Your risk should not affect your earnings. The risk limit is something that protects you from losses, but does not give you an opportunity to earn money. up to 5% is a good of interest rate risk.

Why Lehmann Brothers fall? In other words, it can be also because of the leverage problem, trade more than they afford to lose.

Back