what is your leverage when you trade ?

Different brokers offer different leverages. leverage is basically the amount you borrow from your broker. 50:1 is a good levearge to use during your trades which means you can trade $50 for your $1. It is a viable leverage for me and quite adjustable specially in US premise.

Different brokers offer different leverages. leverage is basically the amount you borrow from your broker. 50:1 is a good levearge to use during your trades which means you can trade $50 for your $1. It is a viable leverage for me and quite adjustable specially in US premise.

Leverage is very important for retail traders like us. Without leverage you need huge capital to gain good profit percentage as a pair moves very little in terms of currency. I don't think that much about leverage proportion as my risk percentage is very low.

Leverage is sometimes blessings for a trader. But for maximum trader it seems like curse. Because most of the trader especially newbie’s took leverage without having any risk management or money management planning. Also they have less of forex knowledge. But I am using 1: 500 leverage from my broker. Not very high volume but I know that I can manage the risk level for this volume. Because though I am taking this from my broker ultimately I have to pay the full amount.

La leva è a volte una benedizione per un commerciante. Ma per il massimo trader sembra una maledizione. Poiché la maggior parte dei trader, in particolare i principianti, hanno fatto leva finanziaria senza alcuna gestione del rischio o pianificazione della gestione del denaro. Inoltre hanno meno conoscenza del forex. Ma sto usando la leva 1: 500 dal mio broker. Volume non molto alto ma so che posso gestire il livello di rischio per questo volume. Perché sebbene io stia prendendo questo dal mio broker, alla fine devo pagare l'intero importo.

But should you limit yourself and take a low leverage instead of high? Why? Take the maximum, but also calculate the maximum volume for order opening. Here on forum, there's a good deal volume calculator, use it!

There is confusion when talking about leverage. Many people trade on accounts with leverage 1:500 or 1: 1000. But of course not use the entire leverage entirely. You will not be able to trade using a leverage of 1:1000. Because in 5 pips or less will have stop out. I in some cases, have 30 pips in reserve, but more often 100 or more. Therefore, my working leverage is 1:100, maximum is 1: 200.

But should you limit yourself and take a low leverage instead of high? Why? Take the maximum, but also calculate the maximum volume for order opening. Here on forum, there's a good deal volume calculator, use it!
Ye it is very important advice to limit our self to a reasonable leverage , no one will say to use high leverage because they are just illusions they not give you high earning however they can be dangerous any time when trader is unable to plan how he will calculate it when market is not moving according to his wish.

Stupid me, I started with 500:1 (thankfully, in demo account), and my face swinging up and down during those times. :eek:
It's wise to put leverage to the least, all successful traders agreed that high leverage would eventually bite them.
Keep your leverage below 3:1 if you are a newbie.
Happy Trading!

Back