Whats the deal with PAMM (Managed Forex) in the US?

borncorp

Recruit
I read about some NFA regulations and stuff and makes me believe its prohibited in the US or at least hard to do. I was browsing thru the performance tests here and I was interested in BataviaFX Management, but they want me to open an account with IBX either Australia or US.

Can anybody shine some light on me? I am really confused.

I just want to start investing on small amounts and I am not really into forex, so the account management option was more appealing than an EA. but being in the US seems to limit my options.

So I read lately that something changed and now its more regulated, so Money Managers have to get a license or something in the US? Can someone shine some light on the subject?

Which brokers in the US allow money managers and where can I find a top 10 money managers that operate in the US?

Ok, is not a big deal, I read that about the licence too, but let me tell you that if the brokers is accepting you as a client coming from the US and is offering the PAMM/MAM/LAMM service, could be that their managers are their own employees (having a licence of course to have that job) or the independent MM partners have a licence themselves to operate and manage investment accounts; so, as long as they accept you and they are regulated you shouldn't have any problem.

I think Barclays, CitiFXPro (Citi group) and FXCM have both things you need and I can tell that I have had a good experience with them, here's a list where you can check some other brokers: 100forexbrokers.com/fx/broker_results.php, I don't have experience with most of them, and there are few others that I'd definitely stay away like Alpari, Gaincapital (including FOREX.com) and FXDD.

I believe that is the rifht thing to do. I'd prefer somebody with good and proved knoweldge to manage my money!

Back