£100 initial deposit. What's the best lot size?

There's no harm in starting very small. This helps get a trader over the "it's REAL money!!!" psychological hurdle. Once the trader settles in and is making profits in a safe way, then it's time to slowly scale up the account.

Yes, pharaoh, starting off with small money certainly helps the trader to get out of the psychological impact of the real money or the attachment involved with the real money. And the real task in scaling up the capital money such that decent profits can be made, otherwise there are traders who invest small and dream of big money at one shot.

Every trader has his own consideration to trade with how many lot size with 100Euro as capital in trading but my suggestion that traders should risk more than 10% of their equity in single transaction so about lot size, it's depending on trader's style and trader's placing stop loss. If the stop loss is 50 pips from open position and each transaction is risking only 5% of equity so each transaction will risk only 5 Euro and then traders can consider lot size to use for each transaction.

There's no harm in starting very small. This helps get a trader over the "it's REAL money!!!" psychological hurdle. Once the trader settles in and is making profits in a safe way, then it's time to slowly scale up the account.

Yes I was going to say something along these lines after RahmanSL quoted my post but hadn't the time!

Yea I think its good that the OP want's to start small and every trader should do this but 100pound is just to small IMHO and they should save up a little and I would suggest to start with 1.5 to 2k that way you will be able to set SL at right levels without risking your account with a margin call, @ least this way your account has a chance to survive more than a few weeks or a few loosing trades in a row;)

Yes I was going to say something along these lines after RahmanSL quoted my post but hadn't the time!

Yea I think its good that the OP want's to start small and every trader should do this but 100pound is just to small IMHO and they should save up a little and I would suggest to start with 1.5 to 2k that way you will be able to set SL at right levels without risking your account with a margin call, @ least this way your account has a chance to survive more than a few weeks or a few loosing trades in a row;)

1.5 to 2k might be a very huge amount for many of us. I've started with 300$ once and traded well with that amount. You can lower your lot size according to your trade capital. It is a good exercise when you trade with real money, as you get experienced to control you emotions as well.

1.5 to 2k might be a very huge amount for many of us. I've started with 300$ once and traded well with that amount. You can lower your lot size according to your trade capital. It is a good exercise when you trade with real money, as you get experienced to control you emotions as well.

I am agree with you that 1.5-2k is huge amount of capital for me so it will be nice if I can trade with that much amount. In the beginning, you can start to trade with $100 as capital for trading but you must prepare good risk management strategy to limit loss beside you had good money management in trading surely. It will be safer if you're using cent account.

I've started with $200 this time. I'm not such a good trader, trading is like an on and off business for me but now I've planned to start with good spirit and keep myself in trading for a very long time. I've my plans to compound this initial deposit to at least $2k, which is a reasonable capital for me.

Your experience with low deposit is successful then think of more deposit. It is a reality that high investment support traders to take high risks for making good profits. Low investment bounds traders to collect low earning.

Hello. I've been learning forex for months now and I'm still sitting in my practice account. I have set my practice account to be £100 and I use 1:888 leverage at my broker (standard acc), risking 1% and using 1:2 loss/win ratio.
I'd like to hear some opinions about what would be the best lot size in my scenario.

Why don't you start a Demo account with £100 and practice the various size trades from there?
That way you get to see the results and also have the luxury of restarting the account with same amount of money when you screw up without losing any of your real money.

all in :D also dont forget about leverage. If you already had enough practice on demo, so hope you know what to do, I mean your best strategy.

Why don't you start a Demo account with £100 and practice the various size trades from there?
That way you get to see the results and also have the luxury of restarting the account with same amount of money when you screw up without losing any of your real money.

Certainly, practicing to get the right trade is the only way out to excel in the forex trading business. Thus, one should always ensure that they practice enough until they gain the confidence of handling the trading account independently. There are many traders who have years of experience or are still trading without being profitable.

Back